Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool 0-0 West Ham United: In-game & post-match irascibility

Read 31339 times
      Travelling Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 West Ham United: In-game & post-match irascibility
      Reply #483: Apr 08, 2013 09:19:36 am
      West Ham parked the bus, defended very very well and ''any'' team in the prem would have a hard time breaking them down when they play like that!   LFC are not a sh*te team just because they didn't score today, come on people!  WH back line played really well and held up against what was thrown at them, keeper had a great game, end of.   It does happen.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #484: Apr 08, 2013 10:03:54 am
      Really disappointed! We lacked the cutting edge that we have had most of the season! Suarez was very poor yesterday about maybe the second bad game he has had for the club and he was outmarked by Collins never seen that coming he was impressive! No fluency in the play and didnt have our normal passing game! Think we will bounce back at always which looks like an easy game on paper against Reading.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #485: Apr 08, 2013 10:07:47 am

I thought Werner said we could go for any player we wanted ....... except perhaps we could save 6 mill on Sturridge and let Luis do the work for 5 months to save a dollar.

Give the manager time! He is young and is going to learn from mistakes this season! If we had won that game 3 or 4-0 i dont think u would be calling for a new manager fans like you always negative after a bad result! Lets face it we are going to play poor at times!

Yet i do agree with your point on FSG why the F**k did they not support the manager at the start and give him the extra money in the summer instead of half way thru the season baffles me!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #486: Apr 08, 2013 10:12:07 am
      Give the manager time! He is young and is going to learn from mistakes this season! If we had won that game 3 or 4-0 i dont think u would be calling for a new manager fans like you always negative after a bad result! Lets face it we are going to play poor at times!

Yet i do agree with your point on FSG why the f**k did they not support the manager at the start and give him the extra money in the summer instead of half way thru the season baffles me!
      I would just ask if the bar was set when FSG sacked Kenny.Also I might add with euroreds experience of supporting L.F.C over many years he has a right to be negative if the team play badly.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #487: Apr 08, 2013 11:02:30 am
      After BR talked about being the second highest scorers in the league I suppose it was sort of ironic that we didn't score, it showed the relative lack of options on the bench and genuine game chnagers, the sort of game were we needed to score early, credit to West Ham but not to Stoneage Sam, it showed again where we are at the moment.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #488: Apr 08, 2013 11:06:43 am
      I would just ask if the bar was set when FSG sacked Kenny.Also I might add with euroreds experience of supporting L.F.C over many years he has a right to be negative if the team play badly.

And what? Too many fans get on the managers back if we get a bad result it happends and we have to lower our expectations as the reality is we are not going to win every game at home and these results happen sometimes...If Liverpool would of won 5-0 BR is a great manager the team is great were getting top 4 or 5 bullshit!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #489: Apr 08, 2013 11:49:04 am
      .If Liverpool would of won 5-0 BR is a great manager the team is great were getting top 4 or 5 bullshit!

This is true.  And in all likelihood if we had scored handy enough it may well have opened the floodgates as West Ham may have shown a bit of adventure.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #490: Apr 08, 2013 12:09:54 pm
      Had a great week up at Aintree and was hoping it would culminate in a bashing of the ammers!!Alas the drive south was a long one.Kudos to the WHU fans for their utmost respect for the 96.As with most of the next 90 minutes you could here a pin drop :0( THE quietest I have ever witnessed at Anfield )We where in the Anfield Rd stand.
      The game....I don't think we where that bad tbh.West Ham/Big Sams strategy of trying to waste a third of the 90 mins to get that point was frustrating to say the least.They where dreadful with the timewasting.Of which the ref did nothing till well in to the second half (sh*t game for him too).On arriving home,I watch the "highlights" and have to say quite enjoyed it.Be glad to see the back of this season tbh and look forward to our summer signings and crackin on .IBRWT.   
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #491: Apr 08, 2013 12:44:22 pm
      Very disappointed with the result again yesterday.

I sometimes wish I didn't care so much so I could just forget about it and prepare for the next game with some enthusiasm and belief that we'll put it right but it's getting harder with each passing game  :(
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,014 posts | 523 
      Reply #492: Apr 08, 2013 02:27:14 pm

I sometimes wish I didn't care so much so I could just forget about it and prepare for the next game with some enthusiasm and belief that we'll put it right but it's getting harder with each passing game  :(

Pretty much how I feel about it.

We have improved from the first half of the season (we had to, cos we spent a long time around 10th), but the improvement hasn't been as much I'd hoped/expected.
      We still seem to throw in at least one defensive howler every game (Lucas in the first half, lucky to get away with), and we just don't look in control of matches the way we have done down the years.
      The manager still deserves more time, but I was hoping for a stronger finish than this. Some of the teams above us are in the middle of tougher run ins than us, but we aren't doing anything to close the gap.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #493: Apr 08, 2013 05:21:16 pm

This.... and no Im not being negative.
      I will come out with it. I didnt and dont approve of the appointment of Brendan Rogers to lead this great club and it being a major part of my life for many many years.
      Negative No. Critical yes and of the owners for the appointment.

We are locked in a 7th  also ran place.... again .....
      We are not getting out of it any time soon .....why..... because the signs aren't there.
      Consistency for one thing.
      Blitz Spurs one week ... lose to Saints and cant break down the Hammers at home.
      Thats not top four material which ever way you look.  Its just not.

Early days .... give him time .... get behind the manager blah blah blah.   

Basic facts :

As of 7 April 2013

Rogers.

Win Rate
      Liverpool    England    1 June 2012 Present    
                   48  22    12    14    86    61    +25    45.83 %   LFC

Total    199    80    54    65    311    260    +51    40.20 %    All.

Hodgson

Liverpool    1 July 2010 to 8 January 2011

LFC  41.94 % 

All   43.15%

Had a great week up at Aintree and was hoping it would culminate in a bashing of the ammers!!
      As with most of the next 90 minutes you could here a pin drop :0( THE quietest I have ever witnessed at Anfield )
      We where in the Anfield Rd stand.
      Be glad to see the back of this season tbh and look forward to our summer signings and crackin on ..   

You pay peanuts ..... you get a Man With A Dossier .
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2013 05:33:59 pm by eurored »
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #494: Apr 08, 2013 06:15:15 pm
      Pretty surprising that most of them are.dissappointed about the result.I am happy that we didn't lost it.
      we are not manutd or city to be expected to win every games. We have a very thin squad and very inexperienced young manager who hasnt won anything in his career yet. Just enjoy the occasional wins lads. Lets hope we will get better in few season when br learns his trade here.
       We are at the moment a proper top mid table club. Almost all of the posters,even the manager talks about achieving 4th place. Which type of clubs fix 4th as a target? Clubs like sunderland,swansea,everton etc. Now we are one among us and we are failing to achieve it like most do.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #495: Apr 08, 2013 06:17:52 pm
      Pretty surprising that most of them are.dissappointed about the result.I am happy that we didn't lost it.
      we are not manutd or city to be expected to win every games. We have a very thin squad and very inexperienced young manager who hasnt won anything in his career yet. Just enjoy the occasional wins lads. Lets hope we will get better in few season when br learns his trade here.
       We are at the moment a proper top mid table club. Almost all of the posters,even the manager talks about achieving 4th place. Which type of clubs fix 4th as a target? Clubs like sunderland,swansea,everton etc. Now we are one among us and we are failing to achieve it like most do.

:confused-smiley-013:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #496: Apr 08, 2013 06:19:04 pm

I think you are looking for this thread

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=44035.0
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #497: Apr 08, 2013 06:27:27 pm
      Well we struggled against teams that are good in set pieces and have big strikers. I don't think there is much reason to be overly dissapointed. However there are some players who performed pretty badly. Downing,Sturridge, Hendo. I don't think any of the 3 will be a starter in next season. We should bring a creative right winger. Coutinho made a massive difference. Just imagine a similar player through the right. Sturridge don't have the creativity or passing ability to play there. Neither do Downing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #498: Apr 08, 2013 08:44:34 pm
      And what? Too many fans get on the managers back if we get a bad result it happends and we have to lower our expectations as the reality is we are not going to win every game at home and these results happen sometimes...If Liverpool would of won 5-0 BR is a great manager the team is great were getting top 4 or 5 bullshit!
      We might not win every game but why the F**k should we lower our expectations,as regards winning every game at home this is something that we got once upon a time.I am sorry but it appears you have grown up with this mentality of accepting defeat but sorry to tell you I have not.It might pay you to look at some old videos of the great Liverpool teams and managers and then you might realise why we have such expectations today.Back on topic it does not alter the fact that we played sh*te against West Ham and Liverpool supporters deserve better than that.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #499: Apr 09, 2013 12:28:40 am
      "We obviously played very well," Rodgers told Sky Sports. "I thought some of our game today was very good.

"We had to control West Ham, coming off the back of a good result against West Brom, on the counter-attack and I thought we did that well.

"Offensively our drive and determination going forward was very good in our game. But you need the energy to keep persevering until you get the goal.

"Obviously when we did get the goal it was deemed offside and if you watch it again it was clearly onside so that was the bit of luck we needed to get the goal and open the game up.

"Unfortunately, it wasn't to be."
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Manager said the team played very well. I totally agree with the Manager based on the game I watched.

The Manager knows best too.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #500: Apr 09, 2013 03:53:50 am
      Obviously, Brendan didn't mention how this draw game blew our chances yet again to gain ground with the other teams fighting for European football. That's twice now we had failed to capitalise. Doesn't sound disappointed Brendan. Me, truly.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #501: Apr 09, 2013 10:02:57 am
      We might not win every game but why the f**k should we lower our expectations,as regards winning every game at home this is something that we got once upon a time.I am sorry but it appears you have grown up with this mentality of accepting defeat but sorry to tell you I have not.It might pay you to look at some old videos of the great Liverpool teams and managers and then you might realise why we have such expectations today.Back on topic it does not alter the fact that we played sh*te against West Ham and Liverpool supporters deserve better than that.

No im not saying to lower expectations as i am as disappointed and angry about a result as anyone ruins my weekend if liverpool get a bad result! There's obviously going to be days like that though especially with this side we dont have the side we once did got to realise that we may have in a couple of seasons and challenge for the title but to get on the managers back is wrong! There was nothing wrong with team selection the team just couldnt get that bit of luck and i am as frustrated as anyone!
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #502: Apr 09, 2013 10:22:56 am
      Obviously, Brendan didn't mention how this draw game blew our chances yet again to gain ground with the other teams fighting for European football. That's twice now we had failed to capitalise. Doesn't sound disappointed Brendan. Me, truly.

Truth be told. We are not gonna win every game we play. We may strive to be unbeaten, we may play to not concede any goal, we may play hard to win; one thing is certain, other teams are gonna come against us, not wanting to get beaten too, and they will do their best to prevent being beaten.

We need to understand that some games will be goalless, or a draw.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #503: Apr 09, 2013 10:26:58 am
      No im not saying to lower expectations as i am as disappointed and angry about a result as anyone ruins my weekend if liverpool get a bad result! There's obviously going to be days like that though especially with this side we dont have the side we once did got to realise that we may have in a couple of seasons and challenge for the title but to get on the managers back is wrong! There was nothing wrong with team selection the team just couldnt get that bit of luck and i am as frustrated as anyone!
      And if things are still the same after a couple of seasons,what then.As regards luck you make your own luck,this is my last post in this thread as you appear to have different asperations for Liverpool Football club than I have.Regarding getting on the managers back I often wish people had got on Don Welsh's back and it might of saved a lot of heartache at the time.Back to West Ham we lacked the will to win and it is up to the manager to instill that will to win in the players.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #504: Apr 09, 2013 10:29:15 am
      And if things are still the same after a couple of seasons,what then.As regards luck you make your own luck,this is my last post in this thread as you appear to have different asperations for Liverpool Football club than I have.Regarding getting on the managers back I often wish people had got on Don Welsh's back and it might of saved a lot of heartache at the time.Back to West Ham we lacked the will to win and it is up to the manager to instill that will to win in the players.
      I'm sorry but to say that the team lacked the will to win against West Ham is absurd. You can talk about struggling against physical teams and whether we're good enough but the will certainly wasn't lacking.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #505: Apr 09, 2013 11:32:38 am
      Does everyone recognise the high risk/reward nature of the playing style Rodgers is trying to instil? I would argue that most top players can apply themselves to just about any playing style but I don't think it's quite so straightforward in this case. It asks some very specific tactical and technical demands of the players and because of that I think it is important to give him time. I also think it's important to remember this when assessing the season.

Now of course you can rightly argue that Rodgers should have recognised that he did not (and still does not) have the right blend of players to make everything work and as a result of that, he should have applied his ideas step by step but this (as we can see) isn't his way and of course, should it all go to plan over the next season or two I'm sure Rodgers (and the fans) would look back on this season's growing pains as a necessary evil.

Quick Reply