Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Disgusting comments...

Read 9564 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Disgusting comments...
      Reply #23: Mar 09, 2013 11:12:20 pm
      The F***ing witch Thatcher promoted that obscene misconception for nothing else but political point scoring and keeping the F***ing liars in power.
      People were expendable to the Tory's and nothing has changed.

Can't argue with that.

Most of them are cu*ts.

However I have to except Andy Burnham unless anyone can give me a reason why I shouldn't.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24: Mar 09, 2013 11:26:53 pm
      Can't argue with that.

Most of them are cu*ts.

However I have to except Andy Burnham unless anyone can give me a reason why I shouldn't.

Not a political party man myself but I think Burnham and Rotherham are two real MPs who brought so much class and dignity to the cause and to Westminster (you don't get that in Westminster these days) that I really think they should be applauded. Really happy that the Prime Minister recognised Burnham in his apology back in September. Although it was an apology steeped in so much sadness that it was a Prime Minister who was only in his early 20s when it happened to give the apology. Regardless, I thought the humility Cameron showed that day was top drawer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25: Mar 09, 2013 11:32:10 pm
      Not a political party man myself but I think Burnham and Rotherham are two real MPs who brought so much class and dignity to the cause and to Westminster (you don't get that in Westminster these days) that I really think they should be applauded. Really happy that the Prime Minister recognised Burnham in his apology back in September. Although it was an apology steeped in so much sadness that it was a Prime Minister who was only in his early 20s when it happened to give the apology. Regardless, I thought the humility Cameron showed that day was top drawer.

Although I agree with your post, and would like to think the best of cameron in this instance, I can't help wondering if there was a bit of "crocodile tears" involved, because he knew it would score him political points.

Call me a cynic, but I can't help wondering.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Mar 09, 2013 11:39:30 pm
      Although I agree with your post, and would like to think the best of cameron in this instance, I can't help wondering if there was a bit of "crocodile tears" involved, because he knew it would score him political points.

Easy to understand but I do believe their was genuine sympathy there and from Ed Miliband as well. PR teams can teach politicians many things but I don't think you can teach humility. Thing is both men are quite weak politicians but as human beings I don't think neither of them are as shallow or unsympathetic as their predecessors (specifically Thatcher and Blair) despite the laughable attempts by their PR teams to make them into something else. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Mar 10, 2013 12:35:53 am
      Regardless, I thought the humility Cameron showed that day was top drawer.

I suppose it had to be, especially after his 'black cat in a dark room' comment.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Mar 10, 2013 12:46:19 am
      I suppose it had to be, especially after his 'black cat in a dark room' comment.

Oh yeah, that was in poor taste. No more worse than Gordon Brown refusing to apportion blame to SYP on the 20th anniversary though. Politicians playing politics.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29: Mar 10, 2013 09:09:33 am

Crocodile tears and nothing else!!
      The Tory's are bereft of compassion in their efforts to destroy the welfare system, promote an elitist order and pander to the aristocracy.
      Thatcher clones and the laughable contrition an attempt to disguise the fact.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30: Mar 10, 2013 02:43:23 pm
      Crocodile tears and nothing else!!
      The Tory's are bereft of compassion in their efforts to destroy the welfare system, promote an elitist order and pander to the aristocracy.
      Thatcher clones and the laughable contrition an attempt to disguise the fact.

As opposed to the 110% genuine Labour Ed Miliband?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #31: Mar 12, 2013 12:02:44 pm
      As opposed to the 110% genuine Labour Ed Miliband?

Miliband's perceived credibility, given the fact that he has not been in government and has been the subject of  character assassination since becoming Labour leader by the Tory's, is preferable to the Thatcher clones with their extreme right wing policy's and incessant pandering to the aristocracy and the establishment.
      Time does appear to have dulled the memory of the Thatcher nightmare with the dyed in the wool Tory diehards still reticent about condemning her inhuman, tyranical years in office.
      After 15 years they could not raise a workable majority, a sign if one were needed that the Tory grand plan had been exposed through Thatcher's application of pure far right policy's, a throwback to when the Tory's and the aristocracy were as one.
      Society has progressed in spite of the Conservative desire to drag us back to the days of a divided nation.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2013 12:14:56 pm by stuey »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #32: Mar 12, 2013 06:28:30 pm
      Miliband's perceived credibility, given the fact that he has not been in government and has been the subject of  character assassination since becoming Labour leader by the Tory's, is preferable to the Thatcher clones with their extreme right wing policy's and incessant pandering to the aristocracy and the establishment.
      Time does appear to have dulled the memory of the Thatcher nightmare with the dyed in the wool Tory diehards still reticent about condemning her inhuman, tyranical years in office.
      After 15 years they could not raise a workable majority, a sign if one were needed that the Tory grand plan had been exposed through Thatcher's application of pure far right policy's, a throwback to when the Tory's and the aristocracy were as one.
      Society has progressed in spite of the Conservative desire to drag us back to the days of a divided nation.

I totally agree stuey that it's important that we don't succumb to those days again but I don't think there's an argument that Miliband has been assassinated by a grand Tory machine. If they're that great at their job then why can't that machine stop them from being the divided party they are of back bench nutters and front bench wimps? I personally believe that on an individual level David Cameron is not a Thatcher clone (Blair is arguably more of a Thatcher clone and Cameron a clone of Blair), but there are still plenty of Thatcher clones still in that party. I think he's a decent man who isn't a manic insulated craze like Thatcher and some of her men were. What we're seeing in government is no different to the New Labour era that preceded it. But you're dead on that people are blind to what she and her government did. The sad thing is that we are still living under the consequences. Cameron went on about broken Britain, and rightly so, but completely oblivious to the fact that it was she who broke Britain. If he wants to be ballsy then he should call for an end to the notion of Thatcherism and maybe then he'll realise in his consciousness that a lot of what she did was not good. She did was so radical to even the Conservatives that the Tories who preceded her would not recognise such destruction. It's not in the vain of the likes of Disraeli who were actually quite great conservative thinkers who promoted empathy.

A more compassionate and empathetic society from top to bottom maybe could have seen us avoid the terrible lies and trauma that were forced onto those families after Hillsborough. The culture dictated back then (and probably still today) that apathy and callousness would be sought first and I have no doubt that it was Thatcher's lot who started and stoked those fires.

Quick Reply