Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum

Read 28582 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: LIVE: Reading v Liverpool
      Reply #483: Apr 13, 2013 06:30:19 pm
      I think people are grossly overestimating how good we were, by grossly underestimating how bad they are. Not only are they bad, but they are down and have nothing to play for realistically. Given that, they rolled over on their bellies for much of the game and we were able to cut them open at will, and even towards the end when they were piling far more men forward than was sensible, we were able to break four on three for much of the time.

So we created quite a few chances, but don't expect me to get the bunting out for it. The keeper had a good game, don't expect me to drown in floods of tears over it. For me it was THE worst performance of the season because where was the passion, the intensity, the pride, the urgency? Where was somebody balling out a silly f*cker who had just tried a shot from 45 yards, or who had missed the simplest of passes in order to create yet another chance? There was none of the above, and our attitude was an insult not only to our own club but to theirs as well. They don't have a single player who would get into our squad never mind our team (unless the keeper plays like that regularly) and yet at least they gave it a go, despite their limitations at least they tried.

Us? we were like arrogant bullies who just assumed that we would win the game in the end no matter what. Don't worry if you spunk chance after chance, don't worry if you let the ball run under your foot, or miss a completely p!ss easy through ball, because they are sh!t and we'll beat them anyway.

Well we didn't "beat them anyway" did we?, they are sh!t we were right there, but today so were we. An absolute disgrace of a performance, and they can f*ck right off with being bang up for it next week at Anfield v Chelsea. They can f*ck right off with the passion, and the grabbing the shirt if they score a goal. They can f*ck right off because it doesn't make a sh!t of difference, we've just spunked four points against sh!t opposition on consecutive weeks. Liverpool players don't pick and choose when they turn the passion on, they turn it on each time they pull on the shirt. If they don't or won't, they should f*ck off. It says it all about the performance today that when Downing came on he injected some much needed bustle into the team. Says it all really.

If the manager defends that performance, he's wrong.         

Very rare we agree Mick but this is spot on. Our arrogance and contempt for the opposition was unacceptable. Who the F**k do some of our payers think they are?
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #484: Apr 13, 2013 06:32:50 pm
      If i had my way Kenny would still be here.
      AMEN, mate. Preach the good word.

I'd never have Rafa back, i've always had love and respect for the man for what he did for us but he ran out of ideas and ran out of steam towards the end.
      Amen, again. Thanks Rafa, and best of luck in your future well away from Liverpool.

I'm fully behind Brendan Rodgers too.
      Eh... no, not amen this time, sorry. I'm not behind the bampot. He's responsible for everything that went wrong this season, and if he's still here next season I fear we only have downhill to go. Then again, at this point, I guess there's not much use anymore in complaining.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #485: Apr 13, 2013 06:42:38 pm
      Actually thought it was a decent game, shame we couldn't finish off one of the 20-30 chances we had, but that McCarthy had a blinder and pulled off some good saves, Suarez was unlucky with that free-kick in the second half.

Only thing I was really worried about was them sneaking one through our full-backs occasionally switching off and making silly mistakes.

Weirdly enough i always felt confident we wouldn't lose whereas in past games i'd have that heart in mouth feeling.

Carra looked good and Pepe is back to his best.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #486: Apr 13, 2013 06:47:59 pm
      Weirdly enough i always felt confident we wouldn't lose whereas in past games i'd have that heart in mouth feeling.

Carra looked good and Pepe is back to his best.

Agree to a certain extent as well and Pepe looked pissed off when he had to make that tip over when we gave the ball away from a throw-in.

Was a better game than last week's 0-0.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #487: Apr 13, 2013 07:03:25 pm
      Pathetic, thats our beloved team is! But its now the norms with the once mighty LFC FC! Times have changed,so did LFC! We have become now a midtable 'little' team with a midtable minded manager! Rodger can F**k away for all i care!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #488: Apr 13, 2013 07:27:08 pm
      Don't think we were up for it today - showed with lazy finishing.

Bit tired of using luck and 'amazing keepers' as an excuse, we should have just thrashed them today and we didn't.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #489: Apr 13, 2013 07:27:40 pm
      My gut feelings it was going to be a repeat of the West ham game if we didnt score in the first half.the only plus is we have 13 clean sheets.And luis is the scoring leader no easy answers here. But it seems we are in a period where we cant score
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #490: Apr 13, 2013 07:40:06 pm
      I think he kind of gave up on trying to force that style of play onto the team this season. Perhaps realising some players aren't capable of it. Reina, Enrique, Skrtel, even Gerrard, they all looked quite awkward at the start of the season. And if you look at our team now, Gerrard playing deeper, utilising his long range passing which is one of his strengths. Carragher has made our defense more solid, but lacks the passing skills. Maybe next season with a new ball playing defender, and another attacking midfielder he'll give it another go. If not, then that's worrying for me too.

I hope you're right and we can get those signings in the summer that allow us to play like that. I think he's a good manager and can see us dominating with that system if he can just get the right players in, and is allowed a little bit of time for them to gel. I back the man 100%, I just hope he didn't sacrifice long term improvement for the sake of a few points this season.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum
      Reply #491: Apr 13, 2013 09:41:31 pm
      Eurored and Zebedee, a 0-0 draw is not enough of a reason to F**k the manager off! ( unless he's named Roy Hodgson).
      Things are nowhere near as bad as some folks are making out.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #492: Apr 13, 2013 10:56:48 pm
      I just saw Suarez shaking his head as Gerrard went to comfort him to know that this wasn't a good game for us, football isn't rocket science, and I'll probably get annihilated for saying this but Luis does tread a lonely path up front, we should be beating the bottom team, there should be no excuse, we have a lot of very capable footballers BR does need to take some responsibility.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #493: Apr 13, 2013 11:42:57 pm
      Im sad. Im angry. Im dissapointed

We are a mid table team, and i dont give a sh*t if we deserved better. No excuses anymore.

BR has one more year to see if he can make it work
      Bier
      Reply #494: Apr 14, 2013 02:15:27 am
      I hope you're right and we can get those signings in the summer that allow us to play like that. I think he's a good manager and can see us dominating with that system if he can just get the right players in, and is allowed a little bit of time for them to gel. I back the man 100%, I just hope he didn't sacrifice long term improvement for the sake of a few points this season.

Yeah, I know. That's my fear too. Both the owners and Brendan have been hyping up this vision, would be very weird if they gave up on it already. I'm not saying that this vision is the best one, but any vision needs long term continuity to succeed. You either go for it, or you don't. Otherwise we're back to square one.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #495: Apr 14, 2013 02:20:46 am

We are a mid table team, and i dont give a sh*t if we deserved better. No excuses anymore.

For F**k sake we were mid table for the last 3 seasons does nobody get that?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #496: Apr 14, 2013 02:28:54 am
      I think people are grossly overestimating how good we were, by grossly underestimating how bad they are. Not only are they bad, but they are down and have nothing to play for realistically. Given that, they rolled over on their bellies for much of the game and we were able to cut them open at will, and even towards the end when they were piling far more men forward than was sensible, we were able to break four on three for much of the time.

So we created quite a few chances, but don't expect me to get the bunting out for it. The keeper had a good game, don't expect me to drown in floods of tears over it. For me it was THE worst performance of the season because where was the passion, the intensity, the pride, the urgency? Where was somebody balling out a silly f*cker who had just tried a shot from 45 yards, or who had missed the simplest of passes in order to create yet another chance? There was none of the above, and our attitude was an insult not only to our own club but to theirs as well. They don't have a single player who would get into our squad never mind our team (unless the keeper plays like that regularly) and yet at least they gave it a go, despite their limitations at least they tried.

Us? we were like arrogant bullies who just assumed that we would win the game in the end no matter what. Don't worry if you spunk chance after chance, don't worry if you let the ball run under your foot, or miss a completely p!ss easy through ball, because they are sh!t and we'll beat them anyway.

Well we didn't "beat them anyway" did we?, they are sh!t we were right there, but today so were we. An absolute disgrace of a performance, and they can f*ck right off with being bang up for it next week at Anfield v Chelsea. They can f*ck right off with the passion, and the grabbing the shirt if they score a goal. They can f*ck right off because it doesn't make a sh!t of difference, we've just spunked four points against sh!t opposition on consecutive weeks. Liverpool players don't pick and choose when they turn the passion on, they turn it on each time they pull on the shirt. If they don't or won't, they should f*ck off. It says it all about the performance today that when Downing came on he injected some much needed bustle into the team. Says it all really.

If the manager defends that performance, he's wrong.         

On first reflection I was willing to accept bad luck as the tonic of the day but after reading your post I do feel you make excellent points mick. I said in my analysis that while we could have won 5-0 and not been flattered but still the attitude was wrong but your post spelt it out much better and I honestly believe attitude is something the manager has to take responsibility and his comments regarding Europa League qualification would not have helped one tiny bit on that display.

Well summed up.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #497: Apr 14, 2013 03:35:43 am

Totally agree with you Quico.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #498: Apr 14, 2013 03:38:48 am
      For f**k sake we were mid table for the last 3 seasons does nobody get that?
      Brian that is a sad indictment on Liverpool Football Club that good Red supporters like yourself accept that a mid table finish in the E.P.L. is acceptable.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #499: Apr 14, 2013 03:47:01 am
      Never watched the game. Sad to read the responses. Genuinely sad, to see seasoned fans, who've been around far longer than I have say the passion wasn't there. I trust seasoned fans judgement over anybody else's, because there is no bullshit. No agenda. Seen it all, done it all. For guys like that to come out and talk about how arrogant we were today upsets me.

And if the players attitude isn't there, it's not all on Brendan. These players have played like a bunch of shithouses for the last 3 years now, complete cowards and it makes Brendans job that much harder. If we saw a clear-out in the summer, I wouldn't complain, because we have some pricks at this club, who are just happy to pick up their pay-check and they aren't players that I acknowledge as Liverpool players and more importantly, as Liverpool Men. Men who will put everything in.

F***ing sick of it all, I really am. From board, to manager, to players. I'm F***ing sick of it and I wish these tossers would F***ing realise what it means to play for us, but these days it seems like it we're no different to any other F***ing club out there and I F***ing hate it. And any c**t who wants to tell me to 'support the team/manager' can shove them words back down their throats, because I'm emotionally attached to this club and to see it torn away from me, with very little power to do anything about it, that makes me genuinely angry. F**k it all.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #500: Apr 14, 2013 03:57:08 am
      Never watched the game. Sad to read the responses. Genuinely sad, to see seasoned fans, who've been around far longer than I have say the passion wasn't there. I trust seasoned fans judgement over anybody else's, because there is no bullshit. No agenda. Seen it all, done it all. For guys like that to come out and talk about how arrogant we were today upsets me.

And if the players attitude isn't there, it's not all on Brendan. These players have played like a bunch of shithouses for the last 3 years now, complete cowards and it makes Brendans job that much harder. If we saw a clear-out in the summer, I wouldn't complain, because we have some pricks at this club, who are just happy to pick up their pay-check and they aren't players that I acknowledge as Liverpool players and more importantly, as Liverpool Men. Men who will put everything in.

F***ing sick of it all, I really am. From board, to manager, to players. I'm f**king sick of it and I wish these tossers would f**king realise what it means to play for us, but these days it seems like it we're no different to any other f**king club out there and I f**king hate it. And any c**t who wants to tell me to 'support the team/manager' can shove them words back down their throats, because I'm emotionally attached to this club and to see it torn away from me, with very little power to do anything about it, that makes me genuinely angry. F**k it all.
      Fair comment mate,the thing that annoys me is the number of players we have signed over the last 4 or 5 years who have been quite happy to come to L.F.C. and pick up big fat wages without having to put in any effort whatsoever.And what makes it worse is the bas**rds have been financially rewarded to leave us.I recall the days when the club checked a players background prior to signing the player,(admittedly we still got the odd cowboy slipping through the net),do we not do checks these days.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #501: Apr 14, 2013 04:24:48 am
      I am f***in* pissed off that we did not win this match.  I will go by my word and not watch a single LFC match this season.  Not scoring just 1 goal against Reading?  I spit on the face of that Reading goalie, Thukka!!!!
      jakerosengarten
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #502: Apr 14, 2013 05:55:23 am
      Great match report on the game - at http://roseywrap.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/match-report-liverpool-vs-reading-14413.html
      Definitely worth a read.  :)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #503: Apr 14, 2013 09:17:14 am
      Our defense was very solid, Agger and Enrique are just awesome at the moment. Enrique has been a beast for some games lately. Agger was impressive against West Ham and again last night. We need competition and next season we'll have one of the 2 best defenses of the league(and I mean it really) assuming we sign a good CB to replace Carragher. Skrtel is also more than average, he can start for us without a doubt, he is talented for sure.

My concern is Sturridge who should have been the one finishing our occasions. Coutinho, Suarez and Gerrard should be creating opportunities for him and he just needs to be at the right place, at the right moment to score. Last night he was too often trying to create which is not his role IMO.
      Yes we cannot ask Suarez to do a specific role but Sturridge is better at scoring than creating(BR and himself said it). Suarez can do both wherever he playes(Ajax and Uruguay). It was my concern before the game and it still is an issue IMO.

Coutinho has only 60min in the legs sadly.
      And where the hell is Shelvey? He would have been useful I think, he's direct but he still manages to pass properly.
      Assiadi should have played a bit, if ot Suso should have replaced Hendo or Coutinho. It was unlikely that Downing wold create something, given his form has never been constant and his talent has vanished IMO.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #504: Apr 14, 2013 09:35:54 am
      Do we have any luck left at all or has it all just been wiped away?

F**k me 22 scoring shots I think it was for Nada, zilch, nothing!!! They haven't earned a point in their last 8 games, their keeper hasn't started since November and he comes up with that performance. Sure some of those shots should have been rifled into the back of the net in different positions but most of them were shot straight at him.  :mad:

I bet you if they were playing United they would have been beaten 10 goals, 9 of them being Own Goals.

If it wasn't for the Magic of Istanbul and the belief that that night instilled in me that we can come back from whatever position we are faced with, I think I would have written this season off a few weeks ago. It's now done and dusted, nothing really to play for except pride. Let's see if the season continues to be as frustrating as it has been. I f**king shed another tear last night, capped off a miserable day.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #505: Apr 14, 2013 10:18:28 am
      I am f***in* pissed off that we did not win this match.  I will go by my word and not watch a single LFC match this season.  Not scoring just 1 goal against Reading?  I spit on the face of that Reading goalie, Thukka!!!!

Good, F**k off then. No-one wants part-time sh*t c**t fans like you around.

Quick Reply