Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum

Read 28388 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum
      Reply #506: Apr 14, 2013 10:53:44 am
      Now that the dust has settled,  we dominated the game, created a sh*t load of chances, and hit the post a couple of times. Just bed luck and good goalkeeping cost us 3 points.

I'd say most of the negative sh*t yesterday is based on all the seasons frustrations coming out, rather than just that match.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #507: Apr 14, 2013 11:11:01 am
      Was at a Wedding yesterday so I haven't seen a single bit of the game but it all sounds too familiar.

Only shining grace for me after a sh*te result is that I can always depend on the Post Match Thread to provide me with entertainment on the morning after the night before.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #508: Apr 14, 2013 11:28:43 am
      The very first line is not really true - we've had two 0-0 draws, but before that, apart from the Soton game, we were scoring for fun; 5-0, 4-0, 3-0, 3-0, 4-0 was it? Something like that.

Then there's the part where the reporter says "Perhaps, the re-introduction of Raheem Sterling into the side could fix this issue as well as providing more pace and skill in the final third". Sterling is out for the rest of the season, which tells me the reporter needs to pay more attention to his research. It's crucial

The rest of it was a retelling of how the game panned out. It was accurate and spot on

EDIT: At the risk of sounding patronising, for a young 17 year old, I have to say, that's an impressive report
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2013 11:40:35 am by Rush »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #509: Apr 14, 2013 12:30:29 pm
      Brian that is a sad indictment on Liverpool Football Club that good Red supporters like yourself accept that a mid table finish in the E.P.L. is acceptable.

I don't think he is saying it's acceptable, he's simply stating a fact.  I doubt he wants to be saying it, but saying we don't want it to be true, doesn't make it so.  Rafa's last season under those cowboys, we were in decline, Hodgson, as a man, brought this club further down, last season saw our worst  home win record ever and this season, the decline in the league has halted, maybe, just maybe, we've laid down some foundations we can build on.  I doubt any progress will be quick enough for some though and I still have reservations over Rodgers. 

We've regularly been (both net & gross) one of the top spenders four-five spenders in the league and hindsight is great and we've wasted fortunes and (thank F**k) we don't have sugar daddy owners, so we'll never be the biggest spender, but plenty of clubs, above and below, have shown that you can spend well and progress and we've not spent (as) well and haven't progressed. 

And whilst we're are mid-table at present, saying it doesn't mean you want us to be there or accept it.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #510: Apr 14, 2013 03:25:27 pm
      I'm fully behind Brendan Rodgers too. I feel the job has come too early for him though. Next Season is the real test for him, there will be no hiding place for him then. I don't care what FSG say about their long term plan, if we repeat this Season next year then they will get rid of him. I see traits in Brendan that remind me of Project Owl, his criticism of players in the press, his blatant denial of the team flaws as he praises our performances, some of which have been sh*te. Also his praise of opposition that have played sh*te as well.

Then i see the Benitez trait, the stubborn belief that it's his way or no way. The inability to accept what he has isn't what he needs and that he should adapt his philosophy and belief to suit his players instead.

The thing is this, i want Brendan to win us the League, i really do. Every supporter wants us to get back to the top but i honestly do not see any progress from last year. We were creating chances last Season under Kenny, we had a better defence under Kenny, we were more consistent under Kenny over all competitions and we also qualified for Europe under Kenny.

I'm fully prepared to give Brendan another Season, it will be interesting to see how our opinions change if we are out of the Champions League spots by January though.

Haven't been able to watch the game as been moving house all weekend but this sums up my sentiments.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #511: Apr 14, 2013 04:20:27 pm
      For f**k sake we were mid table for the last 3 seasons does nobody get that?

Three successive managers, three successive seasons in mid-table obscurity. The jury may well still be out on Brendan Rodgers but clearly, changing the manager as a solution hasn't worked. The fact is, whether we like it or not the pace of recovery may well be slow for more seasons to come regardless of who manages us because whilst I'm sure FSG will bring long term stability and profitability to the club, they are not the owners needed to take us to immediate success.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #512: Apr 15, 2013 12:16:45 am
      For F**k sake we were mid table for the last 3 seasons does nobody get that?
      No, you are the only one that did :).
      Kidding aside, considering we spent almost as much as PSG, one can only hope "next year will be better".

Well, next year will be better.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #513: Apr 15, 2013 08:18:41 am

I'd say most of the negative sh*t yesterday is based on all the seasons frustrations coming out, rather than just that match.

Yes you could say that and you would be very right  O. R.

Couldn't beat the bottom team ........ couldnt beat a team in top half  until recently .......couldnt beat Oldham      .....  one point out of the last six .... it was just  another marker for where this is going.
      Is that going to be the highlight of our season .... beating Spurs ?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #514: Apr 15, 2013 08:58:56 am
      Yes you could say that and you would be very right  O. R.

Couldn't beat the bottom team ........ couldnt beat a team in top half  until recently .......couldnt beat Oldham      .....  one point out of the last six .... it was just  another marker for where this is going.
      Is that going to be the highlight of our season .... beating Spurs ?

one point out of the last six? Games or points?

We have 2 points out of the last possible 6 points and 11 points out of the last six games.

Still not a good enough return to finish in the top 4. We simply have to beat the likes of Reading no ifs or buts.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #515: Apr 15, 2013 09:55:50 am
      Good, f**k off then. No-one wants part-time sh*t c**t fans like you around.
      Oi ucan go screw yourself. I said way before the match that if LFC did not beat reading I would not watch further LFC match for this season. So whats wrong with sticking by your word you ..... (make ur own word up as i don't won't to bother swearing at you)
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #516: Apr 15, 2013 10:06:57 am
      Oi ucan go screw yourself. I said way before the match that if LFC did not beat reading I would not watch further LFC match for this season. So whats wrong with sticking by your word you ..... (make ur own word up as i don't won't to bother swearing at you)

If you refuse to watch the team you 'support' on the back of a bad result, you are nothing but a glory hunter and a shithouse.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #517: Apr 15, 2013 10:10:05 am
      We need to be much more physically stronger and have more of a presence on the pitch

Anyone played 'Blood Bowl'? :D

Right now we're like the Skaven team; agile, and fast around the pitch, give us space and we'll run you ragged - pin us down or get physical, and we crumble

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #518: Apr 15, 2013 10:20:13 am
      We need to be much more physically stronger and have more of a presence on the pitch

Anyone played 'Blood Bowl'? :D

Right now we're like the Skaven team; agile, and fast around the pitch, give us space and we'll run you ragged - pin us down or get physical, and we crumble

Or you could get a Stoke season ticket.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #519: Apr 15, 2013 10:21:18 am
      Or you could get a Stoke season ticket.
      I don't understand the meaning of your post - why do you think I should get a Stoke season ticket?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #520: Apr 15, 2013 10:25:29 am
      I don't understand the meaning of your post - why do you think I should get a Stoke season ticket?
      Watching Stoke is like watching Blood Bowl, on the point of learning to cope with physical teams then I agree.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #521: Apr 15, 2013 10:33:08 am
      Watching Stoke is like watching Blood Bowl, on the point of learning to cope with physical teams then I agree.
      Ah right, sorry, I was genuinely mystified
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #522: Apr 15, 2013 10:48:13 am
      If you refuse to watch the team you 'support' on the back of a bad result, you are nothing but a glory hunter and a shithouse.

Its not refusing, its sticking to ur word so go find yourself a broom..
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #523: Apr 15, 2013 10:51:25 am
      Even if I dont watch them, dosen't mean I am not supporting them u dip sh*t, sorry mods this ass hol*'s making my blood boil.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #524: Apr 15, 2013 10:54:08 am
      Even if I dont watch them, dosen't mean I am not supporting them u dip sh*t, sorry mods this ass hol*'s making my blood boil.
      What do you want Eem to do with a broom ?
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #525: Apr 15, 2013 10:59:30 am
      shaft it up his place where the sun don't ever shine :)
      Seriously I've followed LFC since the early 80's and i get this..:(
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #526: Apr 15, 2013 11:13:06 am
      Now now kids.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #527: Apr 15, 2013 11:26:27 am
      and the only reason i spit on the face of the goalie is he stopped me from watching the 6 remaining games  :mad:
      I'll stick by me word. Call me a plastic fan 4 suppourting LFC I dont care but damned it I be called a lying plastic LFC fan.
      redno7
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #528: Apr 15, 2013 01:18:40 pm
      and the only reason i spit on the face of the goalie is he stopped me from watching the 6 remaining games  :mad:
      I'll stick by me word. Call me a plastic fan 4 suppourting LFC I dont care but damned it I be called a lying plastic LFC fan.

Dry your eyes mate, nobody called you a lying plastic LFC fan...        sh!thouse was the word used.

Quick Reply