Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum

Read 28678 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Re: Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum
      Reply #552: Apr 16, 2013 08:45:47 pm
      Think they are just going through the motions now to be honest, not going to be in Europe so they've basically given up going for wins it seems!

Down to the Boss to reverse that mentality,maybe he has given up himself and its catching.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #553: Apr 16, 2013 08:58:07 pm
      Didn't see the match so dropped in to see how we did in the 0-0, and surprised by how annoyed alot of people were after it.
      26-6 in chances, sounds like a game from the Daglish era when we dominated shitloads of games and either the opposition woodwork or keeper were performing miracles.  But the 'keeper was unbeatable' sh*te never washes, he can only save what he can reach, at the end of the day if you fluff a whole pile of chances, you need to look at why YOU have done that, not how great the keeper was.
      It's no coincidence that a bit of a dip in form for Suarez is coinciding with a poor run, we depend too much on the guy. He HAS to stay.
      And if there's no urgency, its partly we've feck all to play for, though this should be no excuse for a pro and also there is not enough competition for places with players knowing there's no-one really breathing down their necks.
      Know Reading are a bag of sh*te but there isn't much left to play for, we'll give the lads good support until season end, but thoughts will turn to the summer and what money BR will get and how he'll spend it.  Patience is starting to wear a bit thin, he's going to have to make measureable progress next season, so has to do alot better in the market than he did last year.  Maybe I have a low bar, but for me that is still being in the hunt for top4 come final games of next season.  Cups a bonus, league for me is where its at.
      If BR can wake the boys up and finish out with a few wins, he can point to an improved points total on last season and take a bit of pressure off himself going into the break, so I think he'll definately be aiming for that
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #554: Apr 17, 2013 09:25:04 am
      If we would of got the 2 wins against west ham and reading which we should of we would still be in the mix for top 4!!! Soo frustrated right now!! :mad:

Quick Reply