Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea: In-game & post-match nail-biting

Read 25390 times
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Chelsea
      Reply #529: Apr 21, 2013 06:55:25 pm
      I think it was a love bite. (however looking at Ivanovic, if it was, Luis needs phsychological  help.)
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #530: Apr 21, 2013 06:57:07 pm
      Can somebody explain why Brandan plays Henderson instead of Sturridge? Henderson is at best a mediocre midfield journeyman.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #531: Apr 21, 2013 06:57:34 pm
      Very thin line between genius and insanity, in our case we have an insane genius. Theres worse things going on out there than biting people. Not making excuses, just saying RELAX and suspend him for rest of season and be done with it. Lay low, say as little as possible, suspend him, fine him, have him write a letter of apology to Ivanovic and BE DONE WITH IT. Its not like he hit the Nuclear button FFS.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #532: Apr 21, 2013 07:00:57 pm
      Lets just wait until what ivanovic says and what the FA decide to do. What do you want LFC to do? terminate "animals" contract and throw him out? just wait for the whole story before you go on ranting.

Read one of my previous posts then get back to me about what I said because I never said once we should sell him, quite the opposite actually. I'll be waiting. If it was the other way round then everybody on this forum would hit the roof and would want Ivanovic banned so why is it different for Suarez?
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #533: Apr 21, 2013 07:01:20 pm
      For once, Jamie Redknapp speaks wisely. Football has its own rules. Cantona kicked an opposing fan in the face but returns to captain the scum. But Luis..... You've probably run out of road at Anfield. But a genius and I'm delighted I saw him play
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #534: Apr 21, 2013 07:01:59 pm
      Very thin line between genius and insanity, in our case we have an insane genius. Theres worse things going on out there than biting people. Not making excuses, just saying RELAX and suspend him for rest of season and be done with it. Lay low, say as little as possible, suspend him, fine him, have him write a letter of apology to Ivanovic and BE DONE WITH IT. Its not like he hit the Nuclear button FFS.

This was what i was trying to say all along, but Since English being my third language, it isnt always easy to express myself in it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #535: Apr 21, 2013 07:03:09 pm
      Out of interest, was it just me or was Lucas anonymous for the match? Not a criticism here, just wondering if anyone else noticed it or is the lack of sleep getting to me?

Standard for him these days
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #536: Apr 21, 2013 07:04:00 pm
      This was what i was trying to say all along, but Since English being my third language, it isnt always easy to express myself in it.

Quit bragging :laugh:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #537: Apr 21, 2013 07:04:21 pm
      Read one of my previous posts then get back to me about what I said because I never said once we should sell him, quite the opposite actually. I'll be waiting. If it was the other way round then everybody on this forum would hit the roof and would want Ivanovic banned so why is it different for Suarez?
      because he is a LFC player and i support LFC. that's the difference for me. What to you want me to do? condemn him and say he has shamed us all and bla bla. I did read your post and thats why i said you were overreacting for NOW. just wait and see how the whole story pans out.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #538: Apr 21, 2013 07:20:20 pm
      Come on you can't defend what Suarez did, he has to pay, a great player but he has to sort himself out.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #539: Apr 21, 2013 07:23:03 pm
      Sky Sports Breaking News: Traces of horsemeat found in Branislav Ivanovic's arm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #540: Apr 21, 2013 07:24:40 pm
      Come on you can't defend what Suarez did, he has to pay, a great player but he has to sort himself out.

This!

The "ref saw no bite marks" argument makes me piss. Just because the referee didn't see any bite marks he doesn't mean he didn't have a nibble.

For those using it as an excuse: If somebody punched you but you didn't have a bruise, cut or any other mark does that mean you wasn't punched?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #541: Apr 21, 2013 07:26:33 pm
      This!

The "ref saw no bite marks" argument makes me piss. Just because the referee didn't see any bite marks he doesn't mean he didn't have a nibble.

For those using it as an excuse: If somebody punched you but you didn't have a bruise, cut or any other mark does that mean you wasn't punched?

Properly? Yes it means you weren't punched. Just like if there's no bite on Ivanovic's arm he wasn't properly bitten. Bite yourself on the arm if you don't believe me, it makes a mark even if you only do it lightly.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #542: Apr 21, 2013 07:27:05 pm
      It's a shame because it takes the attention away from Sturridge who came on and was fantastic - that was one well taken goal
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #543: Apr 21, 2013 07:28:10 pm
      This!

Im willing to test that theory of yours, but i live far away  ;)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #544: Apr 21, 2013 07:37:17 pm
      Im willing to test that theory of yours, but i live far away  ;)

I think you're missing the point to be perfectly honest. It matters not one jot whether there where bite marks nor does it matter one jot whether or not he genuinely bit him or not, what matters is that the pictures being beamed around the world right now are of Luis Suarez, a player previously banned for biting in the Netherlands, appearing to be biting a player and that from an LFC image perspective is very, very damaging.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea: In-game & post-match nail-biting
      Reply #545: Apr 21, 2013 07:46:22 pm
      I think you're missing the point to be perfectly honest. It matters not one jot whether there where bite marks nor does it matter one jot whether or not he genuinely bit him or not, what matters is that the pictures being beamed around the world right now are of Luis Suarez, a player previously banned for biting in the Netherlands, appearing to be biting a player and that from an LFC image perspective is very, very damaging.
      Appearences mean nothing. If he did bite him, he should be banned by the club, and fined. But as I said, id like to wait untill Ivanovic speaks. No marks mean no bite, and yes, if you are biten, it leaves a mark.

Personally i think he did, or was about to, but i prefer to wait to see what the people involved say before reacting like the lad killed someone. He is a nutjob, and we knew that before buying him, but it does not mean we have to allow that behavoir. Judging beforehand is something else entirely.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #546: Apr 21, 2013 08:03:31 pm
      Appearences mean nothing. If he did bite him, he should be banned by the club, and fined. But as I said, id like to wait untill Ivanovic speaks. No marks mean no bite, and yes, if you are biten, it leaves a mark.

Personally i think he did, or was about to, but i prefer to wait to see what the people involved say before reacting like the lad killed someone. He is a nutjob, and we knew that before buying him, but it does not mean we have to allow that behavoir. Judging beforehand is something else entirely.

Appearances mean everything in PR. No potential investor is going to care about whether or not Ivanovic has teeth marks in his arm, they're going to care about being associated with that club who has that fella who bites people. That's how modern football works.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #547: Apr 21, 2013 08:08:52 pm
      pleeease.... no bite marks... no actual camera footage so far showing luis opening his mouth and laying his choppers down.

as far as I can tell.... luis could've gone in to give the guy a kiss on his arm.   I'm not supporting the fact that biting is ok... but until concrete evidence is out, lets not jump to conclusions here.... fellow couch detectives...
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #548: Apr 21, 2013 08:13:32 pm
      pleeease.... no bite marks... no actual camera footage so far showing luis opening his mouth and laying his choppers down.

as far as I can tell.... luis could've gone in to give the guy a kiss on his arm.   I'm not supporting the fact that biting is ok... but until concrete evidence is out, lets not jump to conclusions here.... fellow couch detectives...
      I know when I play a game of football I'm always trying to kiss the oppositions arms. Keep getting sent off when I hump their legs though...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #549: Apr 21, 2013 08:19:10 pm
      It's a shame we're talking about Luis, especially when we had the yellows for Carra and Lucas to discuss.  Both given after Chelsea dives.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #550: Apr 21, 2013 08:22:50 pm
      It's a shame we're talking about Luis, especially when we had the yellows for Carra and Lucas to discuss.  Both given after Chelsea dives.
      To say nothing of the Torres elbow
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #551: Apr 21, 2013 08:30:22 pm
      Or the play of Daniel Sturridge

Quick Reply