Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea: In-game & post-match nail-biting

Read 25620 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea: In-game & post-match nail-biting
      Reply #552: Apr 21, 2013 08:36:37 pm
      Good to see when Rafa was interviewed he didn't want to get involved.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #553: Apr 21, 2013 08:49:23 pm
      Thought our two goals were superb passages of play today, which Carragher had a part in both.

Missed some of the first half but it seemed like a stale half. Second was much better from us and we looked a bit more dangerous with Sturridge on.

Thought Henderson and Downing were pretty poor.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #554: Apr 21, 2013 08:51:58 pm
      Bet we're on motd first tonight with the Luis nonsense an all, the cu*ts will want him burned and banned.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #555: Apr 21, 2013 08:53:53 pm
      Thought we were passive for a lot of the game. Only Gerrard and Sturridge were looking to force things in the final third.

We deserved the point for sure though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #556: Apr 21, 2013 10:21:22 pm
      sh*te first half from us and our defending from corners still leaves a lot to be desired. We came out out all guns blazing in the second half shame we couldn't put one of those four chances we had away. Nice finish from Sturridge, which came from a nice bit of play. Stupid penalty to giveaway, but talking to my brother before, he was watching on the box and he's convinced Torres would of scored, had Suarez not handled.

Also said Souness was bitching about the challenge by Sturridge on Bertrand, so I asked him if Souness mentioned the elbow by Torres on Carra, his answer was Souness said F**k all, but Brendan made a point of mentioning it when they were trying to get him to slate Suarez.

From my spec in the kop didn't see fully Suarez trying to have Ivanovic for dinner, just seen him booting the post in frustration, lovely finish from the header though in the last minute of injury time. My dad was funny walking out, said "I'm glad we got the equaliser, it would of pissed off all those that fu**ed off with ten minutes to go!!"

Don't know about us being on top or doing enough for three points, thought we deserved a draw but to me Chelsea always looked in command and I thought Ramires was their best player, pretty much ran the show for them today.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #557: Apr 21, 2013 10:25:04 pm
      tenner says the same team starts the second half.

Don't think I've forgotten about my tenner...
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #558: Apr 21, 2013 10:28:56 pm
      pleeease.... no bite marks... no actual camera footage so far showing luis opening his mouth and laying his choppers down.

as far as I can tell.... luis could've gone in to give the guy a kiss on his arm.   I'm not supporting the fact that biting is ok... but until concrete evidence is out, lets not jump to conclusions here.... fellow couch detectives...

Well he's apologied for the incident this evening so I think it's clear as day now
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #559: Apr 21, 2013 10:47:16 pm
      All ill say on the game is its fitting in the week that it is and against Rafa that we scored in the 96th minute
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #560: Apr 21, 2013 11:18:23 pm
      Well, he admitted to it. He deserves proper action from the club, in the form of a fine, and maybe a ban if the FA take no action (but they will).
      His conduct was undeserving of a club like LFC, and he also blew any slim chance at Player of the year. Also, he probably (certainly) will be outscored by RVP. Way to F**k up a wonderful season lad.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #561: Apr 21, 2013 11:31:40 pm
      Loved the minute's applause, loved the reception for Rafa, hated the first half display and hated the way Agger nodded off and let his man go again,.

Credit to the Gaffer for changing it at half time. Loved Sturridge's explosive entrance to the game and the way his introduction changed the whole complexion of the game and loved getting the equaliser with the last kick of the game after 96 minutes!

Really enjoyed watching the second half as a whole, great 51 minutes and 45 seconds of football.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #562: Apr 22, 2013 12:33:29 pm
      Seems the bite incident made us forget to aknowledge the excellent performance of Sturrige in a MoTM poll.

So just want to say Sturrige was clearly MoTM for me.

(out of that I was disappointed at some Agger and Lucas bad passes and -as usual- Johnson positionning, and found Downing back to his half wasteful half lazy days ; out of these 4 and perhaps Shelvey -who could have been sent out after 45 seconds and wasted his chances as usual- I was rather happy with the team performance)

I'd give Brendan a 6 (averaging a 8/10 for making the Sturridge change and motivating the team well at half time, and a 4/10 for the strange idea to use Luis to mark Torres on set pieces).
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #563: Apr 22, 2013 12:53:31 pm
      We played well for about 10 minutes of the game, at the beginning of both halves. We really are a sunshine team. When we're winning, we're very good. When losing, the heads drop and we play more like a pub team.

What is it about teams that don't cover posts when defending corners? Basic defensive stuff that you don't need elaborate coaching manuals to do. The heads went down after that for the rest of the half. Great move though for the equaliser, then we lost all impetus and momentum after the penalty, and despite Rafa doing his usual defend at all costs tactics, we looked fairly clueless in trying to break them down until Luis scored. Jonjo had a few shots alright, but they ranged from the tame to the ridiculous. Still, you can't say no to a point in injury time, and at least it's 3 years unbeaten at home to them. One of the few positives from the day.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #564: Apr 22, 2013 06:40:38 pm
      !Woeful at defending the corners and was our main downfall all game!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #565: Apr 22, 2013 09:57:11 pm
      I thought we just about deserved a draw but they were passing through our midfield for fun during parts of the first half.  Our 3 against their 5 left us very short in there.

I'm not even going to mention the marking at set pieces.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #566: Apr 23, 2013 12:52:08 pm
      From the minute Suarez bit him, my whole mood changed, I just couldn't get into the game from then on, when he equalized in the 96 minute I was F***ing over the moon but not like I normally am when we score. Just couldn't understand why he did it and all I could think about was the ramifications. I just sat there at the final whistle totally gobsmacked and still am.

Quick Reply