Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Coutinho
      158 (88.3%)
      Sturridge
      7 (3.9%)
      Lucas
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      5 (2.8%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      Downing
      3 (1.7%)
      Agger
      0 (0%)
      Someone else
      5 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool - post match feast

Read 33294 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool - post match feast
      Reply #575: Apr 28, 2013 01:00:15 am
      ..and who also was at St James Park watching what is and what could never be  ........   (with apologies to Led Zep )
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #576: Apr 28, 2013 03:14:24 am
      Just got in and seen the result and found the highlights. All I can say is wow. Good to see us batter the barcodes. Let's do that to Everton and finish the season strong eh?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #577: Apr 28, 2013 05:18:20 am
      Great for Hendo to get a brace against Newcastle at their place.

Coutinho and Sturridge seem to be linking up well. My only worry is that Sturridge is selfish and you can see some of his team mates getting agitated by it. A few times he had the chance to play Coutinho in for an easy goal but instead tried to work a shooting chance.

he was nowhere as selfish as suarez.  our dear luis is a black hole with the ball in the 18.  however as someone else has pointed out... strikers should be a bit selfish. 

sturridge played very well.. I really rate the lad and think he is a good asset for us

i am a huge fan of coutinho and henderson.  both played very well...i am excited to see what is in store for us in the future with these guys
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #578: Apr 28, 2013 07:56:40 am
      Well the lad had me up at silly o'clock so just watched match of the day again sober(ish).
      Wow how the F**k we got coutinho for £8mill what a player,his prompting,passing,reading of the game just brilliant and for quite a small lad he's very strong.
      Absolute steal:-)
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #579: Apr 28, 2013 08:04:50 am
      Woke up with a big grin. We deserved that, didn't we? Nice to see some positivity flowing here. The Luis situation has united us again (as eurored pointed out in one of the threads). End the season strongly lads so that we can dream again.

Traveling kop was wonderful in their non stop support to Luis.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #580: Apr 28, 2013 08:11:06 am
      Unfuckingbelievable.

I only realized at 11.30pm last night that our game was on 3 hours later. I thought it was Sunday game  :mad: :mad:

So I pressed record and went to bed as had a sh*t night the night before and had to get up early to go to work

Texted my mate who I always text during the game and said going to bed mate and my reasons for not watching a game live for the first time in many years.

Woke up at 6am for work, checked my phone and he left a message , "lucky u didn't get up boring game!"

So my first word of the day was F**k! Thought I'd check the score and when I see 0-6, had to wipe my eyes as I thought I was seeing things, couldn't believe it.

Next 4 works were GET THE F**k IN  ;D quickly followed by B***ard  :D

See what happens when I don't watch, I must be the f**king jinx!

Well done lads, can't wait to get home from work and watch it in full. 6 f**king goals, yeah baby.

So you ARE going to MISS the Match against the Bitters AREN'T you ?  :f_tongueincheek:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #581: Apr 28, 2013 08:17:55 am
      Outstanding team performance yesterday 110% all over pitch lets have some more for the Derby.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #582: Apr 28, 2013 08:44:25 am
      Any word on Stevie? Hopefully it was a 'job done' measure and he's ok.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #583: Apr 28, 2013 09:19:00 am
      Newcastle have reported Liverpool to the F.A. for cruelty and total lack of respect  for their feelings.The humilliation was so bad that Newcastle supporters were seen running away from the ground early in the second half.The F.A will set up a 3 man panel consisting of David Cameron,Alex Ferguson and and George Gillette to decide on what penalty should be handed to Liverpool Football Club for the disrespect shown to Newcastle. :f_tongueincheek:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #584: Apr 28, 2013 09:26:40 am
      Newcastle have reported Liverpool to the F.A. for cruelty and total lack of respect  for their feelings.The humilliation was so bad that Newcastle supporters were seen running away from the ground early in the second half.The F.A will set up a 3 man panel consisting of David Cameron,Alex Ferguson and and George Gillette to decide on what penalty should be handed to Liverpool Football Club for the disrespect shown to Newcastle. :f_tongueincheek:

Good one Billy.

If anyone  wants some real fun and want to wallow in it go to the Toon and Sunderland forums. Its a crack up.

One of them noted there was seven French players on the pitch for the Barcodes and it was the onions round their necks that was making the crowd cry.

and

"Newcastle have shown a great improvement this half"

Chris Waddle, 49th minute.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=777697&page=65#ixzz2RkHjXECC
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2013 09:44:11 am by eurored »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #585: Apr 28, 2013 09:38:26 am
      Good one Billy.

If anyone  wants some real fun and want to wallow in it go to the Toon and Sunderland forums. Its a crack up.

One of them noted there was seven French players on the pitch for the Barcodes and it was the onions round their necks that was making the crowd cry.
      that's a cracker Skip,we might as well enjoy that result while we can.cheers.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #586: Apr 28, 2013 09:47:02 am

Chris Waddle has been nominated for pundit of the year----------- and is now looking for a new job.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #587: Apr 28, 2013 10:11:45 am
      Oh boy...

I apologise, I never thought I'd see the day where Liverpool FC win an away game 6-0 and I'm irritated and complaining.

Not that anyone was taking much notice, but I realise now my irritation stemmed from three facts

1. Sturridge 'looks' a little arrogant on the pitch, and sometimes that translates to how he plays the game. Yesterday, despite two goals and one very good strike, he also played a little too nonchalantly and became careless, making daft decisions. This occured before his goals and certainly after. I was a bit harsh though, so well done Daniel!

2. I expected more goals. After the 76th minute goal by Henderson, we took our foot off the gas and stopped playing. This is totally understandable, but I was hoping they could have gotten 2 more at least. Frustration best sums up my feelings during the last quarter of the game and I think that spilled over into my forum posts

3. I was worried by how inpet our defenders' positional play was on a few occassions, and irritated by Glen Johnson's seemingly adamant desire to commit football kamikaze

All in all though, I enjoyed the 6-0 hammering, but I am more pleased that it sent out two massive finges to Sky and the FA

Coutinho is going to be hot property in a few years - ours.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #588: Apr 28, 2013 10:22:07 am
      Good one Billy.

and

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=777697&page=65#ixzz2RkHjXECC

Hahaha nice one Skip +1.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #589: Apr 28, 2013 10:28:18 am
      So are we aiming for 7 against Everton orrr?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #590: Apr 28, 2013 10:34:20 am
      http://www.toontastic.net/board/forum/2-newcastle-forum/

Their equivalent of LFCREDS crashed last night and is still down.

Its meltdown on Tyneside and they are Dancing In The Streets in Sunderland.

The Mackems reckon its the best April ever for them against the Toon Horse Punchers.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #591: Apr 28, 2013 10:38:47 am
      http://www.toontastic.net/board/forum/2-newcastle-forum/

Their equivalent of LFCREDS crashed last night and is still down.

Its meltdown on Tyneside and they are Dancing In The Streets in Sunderland.

Sunk without trace mate, very appropriate.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #592: Apr 28, 2013 11:10:29 am
      Sturridge needs to get his f**king act together - scoring two goals and getting an assist like that. P**ck.

Enrique needs a mention because he's is a beast at the moment and very easy to pick. Does what a defender is meant to do first and foremost - defend. He'll miss Luis though as he links up well with him.

Strange the way I've never, ever been nervous about a Newcastle game no matter what the circumstances.i

Twatted them today, never gave them more than the odd moment and I for one am made up.

Loved Borini's celebration and this stage of the season, with the pressure off, could be the ideal time for him to settle and find his feet. Hope he shows us what he can do.

Coutinho in the position he played today please. Remember how Fowler was a natural finisher? Well Coutinho is a natural 'setter upperer'. A beauty to behold and he excites me with his vision and way he passes without looking like he even has to think.

Well happy and we'll have Everton having a rethink now as they will have been licking their lips.

Hope Newcastle go down, hate the fuckers I really do. Deluded is an understatement.

Bring on the sh*te!

OFF TOPIC: The Missus got The Voice on as I write this - f**king hell is that Jessie J annoying. I would love to kick her right in the f**king crack!

Make a deal with ya wahs, you kick her in the crack, and I'll lick it better !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #593: Apr 28, 2013 11:23:24 am
      Make a deal with ya wahs, you kick her in the crack, and I'll lick it better !

You tw*t kickers and lickers are going wildly off topic, it might be deserving of it's own thread like 'who deserves wellying in the tw*t', I think Katie Price would be a favourite meself although a number of shoes could disappear without trace as well as their owners.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #594: Apr 28, 2013 11:31:18 am
      F***ing buzzing.

Threw up Friday night and Saturday morning but last night made me feel all the better. We were a F***ing joy to watch at times. So what if Newcastle were F***ing sh*t, we took full advantage. I could tell it was gonna be a good day when one of our defenders actually scored a headed goal. I think Wisdom on his debut or Skrtel against City was the last time, so seeing Danny Agger rise the way he did and manage to put it away just started what was gonna be a belting game.

Countinho in behind the lone forward looked like a seasoned pro there. I much prefer him there as opposed to the left wing, though saying that, the lad is so good he can just roam along the front line and make magic happen wherever he wants.

Made up for Jordy to get a couple, really starting to look like he deserves a place in our midfield. His versatility is invaluable to us. He can, and will, do a job for us wherever he's asked to play. Never see, or hear, him sulk or moan about being asked to play a different position, he just gets on with it. Said it many times last year that there was something about him I liked and it's coming to fruition now. And what a F***ing ball for Sturridge's second but also that free kick. Let Jordy take set pieces and have Stevie attacking the ball in the box.

Chuffed for Borini an all. Not gonna lie, I've stated many times that I don't rate him but he took his goal well. Hopefully this will kick him on for a good end of the season and hopefully spur him on to a good second season with the club. Obviously with Luis' suspension, we're gonna need our other forwards to step up. Speaking of which, well done to Danny Sturridge on bagging himself another brace. And a very unselfish act to lay it off for Henderson's first.

It's hard to say after a 6-0 thumping, but I still thought there were one of two bad displays. Some stupid decisions made by the players at times as well.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #595: Apr 28, 2013 11:38:12 am
      The only other footballer who had ball control as good as Coutinho's, was Maradonna

Not saying he's as good as Maradonna (that's silly), just saying his ball control is superb

Peter Beardsley's ball control used to leave him down though

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #596: Apr 28, 2013 12:31:48 pm
      The only other footballer who had ball control as good as Coutinho's, was Maradonna

Not saying he's as good as Maradonna (that's silly), just saying his ball control is superb

The jury's still out mate on what wizzardry Phillipe Coutinho can conjure up, he's still a colt taking it all in his stride and finding his own niche.
      The fuckwits who did Luis down will be going F***ing mental with that display yesterday and wondering if there's any bans left and how they could conspire to......arrrr F**k them we're looking at a golden sky.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #597: Apr 28, 2013 12:41:02 pm

Tell that to Arsenal's defence after he waltzed through the lot of them to score in January 1988.

Liverpool FC - Goals 1987-88 Season

5 mins 17 seconds in.

Quick Reply