Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Coutinho
      158 (88.3%)
      Sturridge
      7 (3.9%)
      Lucas
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      5 (2.8%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      Downing
      3 (1.7%)
      Agger
      0 (0%)
      Someone else
      5 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool - post match feast

Read 32934 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool - post match feast
      Reply #598: Apr 28, 2013 01:13:29 pm

Pure lazy journalism from the Sunday Mirror, not even knowing that is Fabio's normal celebration and get on Pardew sniffing his fingers!  :D
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #599: Apr 28, 2013 01:20:41 pm

Pure lazy journalism from the Sunday Mirror, not even knowing that is Fabio's normal celebration and get on Pardew sniffing his fingers!  :D
      This makes it even better: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fabio-borini-on-his-knife-between-1168606
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #600: Apr 28, 2013 01:20:46 pm
      What a day, what a game, know Coutinho has played very well since he joined but he looked amazing yesterday, I was surprised to see him throwing his weight round abit aswell, my critique of him before yesterday was that hes too weak an get easily pushed off the ball but he challanged so well yesterday seen him beat a few defenders, which is good considering he looks about 12 an probably weighs about 6 stone 2
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #601: Apr 28, 2013 01:23:32 pm
      best performance of the season by a mile. Plenty of positives even Borini scored. Bring on the blueshite
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #602: Apr 28, 2013 02:09:06 pm
      Only just watched the game in full as I was in work. Fantastic result, nice one you Red Men.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #603: Apr 28, 2013 02:23:41 pm
      Only just watched the game in full as I was in work. Fantastic result, nice one you Red Men.

Wish I was seeing it for the first time Gareth, I was tracking the goals on here in between other stuff and I saw 2-0 and was off it with 4-0 then 6-0! I was counting down to motd and boy was it worth waiting for.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #604: Apr 28, 2013 02:53:22 pm
      What a day, what a game, know Coutinho has played very well since he joined but he looked amazing yesterday, I was surprised to see him throwing his weight round abit aswell, my critique of him before yesterday was that hes too weak an get easily pushed off the ball but he challanged so well yesterday seen him beat a few defenders, which is good considering he looks about 12 an probably weighs about 6 stone 2

Yep, I'd liked what I'd seen so far from Coutinho up until yesterday. Yesterday though, I loved it.

Philippe Coutinho vs Newcastle on Vimeo
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #605: Apr 28, 2013 03:14:30 pm
      It was an outstanding day to a long week for the club yesterday. Certainly one of the most pleasurable and satisfying Liverpool performances I have witnessed in recent years. Some outstanding performances all over particularly from the midfield 3 of Coutinho, Hendo and Stevie. Definitely the best performance from the midfield seen this year. And I was made up for Brendan. Think he has had an absolutely superb week as Liverpool manager dealing with some tough issues.
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #606: Apr 28, 2013 03:22:23 pm
      YNWA looking forward for the next season.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #607: Apr 28, 2013 07:04:24 pm
      Just reflecting back a bit on the game, wow is Coutinho a player. And Sturridge at his best can definitely be a top 4 striker. Those two in particular have helped tremendously in the second half of the season. I can't wait to see them have a full season with us because both seem the types of players to be thriving in the system we play.

It was an overall commanding performance. The only time we ever looked like conceding was the James Perch header. And even then, it's James Perch -- remember him COLLAPSING after Pepe's head slightly touch him?! ;D

Other than that, I thought we handled Newcastle easily. We strolled through their midfield as if it was nonexistent, which is saying something because Cabaye and Tiote are not exactly slouches.

All six goals we scored were brilliant in their own right. Downing hit a peach of a cross for Agger on the first, and good stuff by Agger to time that run to perfection. The second goal was awesome too. Pepe long to Sturridge to Coutinho to Sturridge to Henderson. Six total touches to score. Amazing.

The ball Coutinho played for Sturridge's first was sweet. Perfect little chip to get over the feet of the defenders and a fine finish from Danny. He followed that up with another good finish. Borini's goal was well taken, and he made a good run to create the space for himself in the box. His movement is just so natural. And Henderson's untouched free kick was the icing on the cake!

Let's go REDS! Let's smash them, if only to beat the sh*t out of Alan Pardew!

^ Well done boys! :laugh:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #608: Apr 28, 2013 07:14:13 pm
      Wish I was seeing it for the first time Gareth, I was tracking the goals on here in between other stuff and I saw 2-0 and was off it with 4-0 then 6-0! I was counting down to motd and boy was it worth waiting for.
      It was mate and on first! Think I will work on match days more often, the team seems to do better.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #609: Apr 28, 2013 08:25:16 pm
      Yep, I'd liked what I'd seen so far from Coutinho up until yesterday. Yesterday though, I loved it.

Wow. Just, wow!

What a player, and only 20!
      Jamesphilly
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #610: Apr 28, 2013 08:36:05 pm

Un-freaking-believable.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #611: Apr 28, 2013 08:46:40 pm
      Excellent yesterday at the end of a week where unnecessary beaks were poked in (i.e. Cameron and Clegg).  A very impressive win but at the same time if this season has taught me one thing it is not to even think about getting carried away.  But a greatly improved performance on the last three games.

Newcastle were utter pants.  I couldn't believe how bad they were - must be one of the worst teams we have faced this year.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #612: Apr 28, 2013 10:31:18 pm
      Well I wasn't expecting this result, had a feeling it would be a draw to be honest! Coutinho was immense, he tore them apart and made it look so easy! Great to see Borini score less than a minute into his return!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #613: Apr 28, 2013 10:54:08 pm
      One fear for me now, after that stellar performance, that tw*t Fellani will want to kick, elbow, butt and puch Coutiho all over the park next week. Hope we get a strong ref.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #614: Apr 28, 2013 10:56:45 pm
      One fear for me now, after that stellar performance, that tw*t Fellani will want to kick, elbow, butt and puch Coutiho all over the park next week. Hope we get a strong ref.

His name isn't Luis so he might get the odd decision.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #615: Apr 28, 2013 11:05:59 pm
      Hearing Pardew has been sacked unconfirmed at the moment.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #616: Apr 28, 2013 11:08:24 pm
      With Benitez to take over? That would be some team for him.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #617: Apr 28, 2013 11:11:32 pm
      What a brilliant win that was!

Coutinho has found his position behind the striker a true number 10 and something that a Liverpool side has been lacking for a very very long time.

Sturridge despite 2 goals and an assist was a bit too non chalant and wasteful could have easily added a couple more.

Excellent win all round.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #618: Apr 28, 2013 11:54:44 pm

Really? That would cost the club quite a bit in compensation considering he has an 8 year contract!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #619: Apr 28, 2013 11:56:05 pm
      The 8 year contact was one of the most ridiculous decisions anyone in football has made. He was never even going to see out half of that time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #620: Apr 28, 2013 11:57:03 pm
      Really? That would cost the club quite a bit in compensation considering he has an 8 year contract!

Sure I heard there was some clause in the contract that he only gets paid for a year, still about a million quid like!

Quick Reply