Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Coutinho
      158 (88.3%)
      Sturridge
      7 (3.9%)
      Lucas
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      5 (2.8%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      Downing
      3 (1.7%)
      Agger
      0 (0%)
      Someone else
      5 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool - post match feast

Read 33224 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool - post match feast
      Reply #621: Apr 29, 2013 12:03:32 am
      Sure I heard there was some clause in the contract that he only gets paid for a year, still about a million quid like!

So basically an 8 year deal if he was any good but because Ashley secretly knew Pardew was sh*te it was only ever a 1 year rolling deal.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #622: Apr 29, 2013 12:31:54 am
      So basically an 8 year deal if he was any good but because Ashley secretly knew Pardew was sh*te it was only ever a 1 year rolling deal.

Sounds more like the Mike Ashley we know and hate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #623: Apr 29, 2013 01:45:26 am

So you ARE going to MISS the Match against the Bitters AREN'T you ?  :f_tongueincheek:

Yes mate, I will be and every LFC match from here on in. I'll do everything possible to make sure we get Number 19, 20,,,,,,,,,,,,,50  ;D

I'll be at work for the 1st half and start of 2nd half against the Bitters. Will start the match when I get home so as I'm watching it like it's Live. Can do that on our Pay TV system down here.

Back to the match...watched it in full as soon as I got home and loved almost every minute of it apart from Glen J's performance.

To Huyton Red,  you're right mate, I was laughing especially when their dickhead supporters were leaving after 60 minutes and then they started the ole, ole when they were 6-0 down. Classic.

Would have been a joy to be in the travelling KOP for that game. What a performance to travel too.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #624: Apr 29, 2013 01:56:47 am
      Yes mate, I will be and every LFC match from here on in. I'll do everything possible to make sure we get Number 19, 20,,,,,,,,,,,,,50  ;D

I'll be at work for the 1st half and start of 2nd half against the Bitters. Will start the match when I get home so as I'm watching it like it's Live. Can do that on our Pay TV system down here.

Back to the match...watched it in full as soon as I got home and loved almost every minute of it apart from Glen J's performance.

To Huyton Red,  you're right mate, I was laughing especially when their dickhead supporters were leaving after 60 minutes and then they started the ole, ole when they were 6-0 down. Classic.

Would have been a joy to be in the travelling KOP for that game. What a performance to travel too.

Best laugh I got was from our lot taking the piss singing Di Canio's name.

The ole ole was our's, song for Coutinho, the old ole ole feeling hot hot hot song.

Ole, ole, ole ole Coutinho ho ho!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #625: Apr 29, 2013 08:55:19 am
      Yes mate, I will be and every LFC match from here on in. I'll do everything possible to make sure we get Number 19, 20,,,,,,,,,,,,,50 ;D

Hahaha now that's what you call a sacrifice Ian, keep up the good work mate.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #626: Apr 29, 2013 09:19:19 am
      Quote from stuey
      Hahaha F**k Lawrenson the miserable b***ard cannot wait for the goals on motd and watch the miserable b***ard disappear up his own arsehole.

This is the Lawro who has 5 league winners medals from his time here, I believe.

We hadn't won there for over 4 years, and won 1 of the last 5 facing a team scrapping to beat the drop. His forecast wasn't exactly unrealistic before the game.

We once went 10 years without winning up there, the games in 93 and 95 particularly hurt. Great as the result this time is, we're still an enigma. When we're good, we're brilliant, but when we go behind, we're as solid as wet paper.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #627: Apr 29, 2013 12:56:22 pm
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #628: Apr 29, 2013 01:02:51 pm
      I was delighted with how we played and the overall score line. Little Countinho was a genius and he really showed why he suits the attacking midfield role, rather than wing role. Sturridge played very well and always looked dangerous. Midfield was solid and we took control. That said, slightly concerned defensively. Maybe I am being too harsh but they had chances that could have easily gone in, leading to a completely different scoreline. Just some small things like communication, in particular with the Perch opportunity in which Carra and Enrique looked at one-another in confusion.

Don't mean to be overly critical, just a small thing that could have easily gone wrong.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #629: Apr 29, 2013 01:15:58 pm
      Great win : ) Newcastle were shocking aswell to be far .
      Countinho was outstanding

Ynwa
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #630: Apr 29, 2013 01:28:15 pm
      Newcastle were dire.

They gave us so much time and space it was unbelievable.

Stil you can only play what is in front of you and we played well exploiting the abysmal Necastle performance.

It will be a different matter agianst the Bitters but the confidence generated with a 6-0 win should help going into that game.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #631: Apr 29, 2013 01:50:18 pm
      I was delighted with how we played and the overall score line. Little Countinho was a genius and he really showed why he suits the attacking midfield role, rather than wing role. Sturridge played very well and always looked dangerous. Midfield was solid and we took control. That said, slightly concerned defensively. Maybe I am being too harsh but they had chances that could have easily gone in, leading to a completely different scoreline. Just some small things like communication, in particular with the Perch opportunity in which Carra and Enrique looked at one-another in confusion.

Don't mean to be overly critical, just a small thing that could have easily gone wrong.
      fair comments to be honest, and it's no secret we need at least 1 new centre back in the summer.  hopefully that will sure things up, because we have been poor in defence, especialy at set play.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #632: Apr 29, 2013 02:30:58 pm
      This is the Lawro who has 5 league winners medals from his time here, I believe.

In spite of which this is the Lawro that will join the throng at every given opportunity to condemn and criticise his former club to protect his 'celebrity status'.
      Not the Liverpool way.
      I would of course expect an individual not familiar with the above to attempt to exonerate Mr Mark Lawrenson.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #633: Apr 29, 2013 02:34:34 pm

Christ! Phil Neville and Alan Shearer were the pundits? And here was I thinking it was going to be Nick Clegg and David Cameron.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #634: Apr 29, 2013 06:51:09 pm
      Quote from stuey
      In spite of which this is the Lawro that will join the throng at every given opportunity to condemn and criticise his former club to protect his 'celebrity status'.
      Not the Liverpool way.

The man has 5 championship medals from his time here, among his other cup successes, and served the club while he was here with great distinction.

He wouldn't be a credible pundit if he didn't ask tough questions of the team/club, like the rest of us do.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #635: Apr 29, 2013 07:29:21 pm
      The man has 5 championship medals from his time here, among his other cup successes, and served the club while he was here with great distinction.

He wouldn't be a credible pundit if he didn't ask tough questions of the team/club, like the rest of us do.

He doesn't ask "credible questions" he slags off the club, the players, every manager except KK and hodgson and jumps on every F***ing bandwagon going, in pretty much the same way that you do with Rafa.

In short, he's a c**t who has traded the loyalty fans once felt for him into a media career, where he continues to spew bile at every opportunity.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #636: Apr 29, 2013 08:01:43 pm

He is a football pundit of questionable merit, his credibility is linked to that statement in that although he has been judged by the programme makers as suitable for giving an entertaining commentary, the entertaining commentary in question is not always factual and some assertion is mixed in for good measure.
      His assertions about LFC are invariably pessimistic and affected and could be associated with a commentator associated with one of our rivals, not a former employee of the club. 
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #637: Apr 29, 2013 08:54:46 pm
      its just plain disloyal
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #638: Apr 29, 2013 10:18:39 pm
      Was watching Coutinho. Hardly has any drag back with his feet when he plays the ball  .... disguised....

except for of course the shot that was going in for 7.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #639: Apr 29, 2013 11:22:54 pm
      Slag one of the few managers to win us a European Cup and defend a former player who sticks the boot in at any opportunity.

Nice one LFC across the water
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #640: Apr 29, 2013 11:25:49 pm
      He doesn't ask "credible questions" he slags off the club, the players, every manager except KK and hodgson and jumps on every f**king bandwagon going, in pretty much the same way that you do with Rafa.

In short, he's a c**t who has traded the loyalty fans once felt for him into a media career, where he continues to spew bile at every opportunity.

Sums it up pretty well that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #641: Apr 30, 2013 01:34:03 am
      Best laugh I got was from our lot taking the piss singing Di Canio's name.

The ole ole was our's, song for Coutinho, the old ole ole feeling hot hot hot song.

Ole, ole, ole ole Coutinho ho ho!

The commentator reckons it was the Newcastle supports singing ole, ole...dumb b***ard...I knew that couldn't have been them because they had all left by then.  ;)

Hahaha now that's what you call a sacrifice Ian, keep up the good work mate.

Anything for the cause Stuey mate, it's been far too long bud and I want to test my own theory that I'm a jinx.

Maybe I'll start following Man U and put the curse on those cu*ts.  ;D ( sh*t it hurt typing the first bit of that sentence, feel like washing my mouth out with soap)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #642: Apr 30, 2013 09:43:12 am
      There is some controversy about what has appeared on the LFC official Facebook today.

Lack of respect or tongue in cheek?
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #643: Apr 30, 2013 06:29:13 pm
      Quote from stuey
      His assertions about LFC are invariably pessimistic and affected.

They are fair comments when you look at where we are these days. And tbh, his views are no worse than what's posted here after a sh*t result.

Quote from srslfc
      Slag one of the few managers to win us a European Cup and defend a former player who sticks the boot in at any opportunity.

Nice one

He's also a European Cup winner from his time here.

Quick Reply