Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Dirk Kuyt injury worry

Read 1476 times
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Dirk Kuyt injury worry
      Oct 09, 2007 06:35:26 pm

Just been reading the Liverpool Echo website, and read about Dirk pulling out of the Holland camp with an injury scare,

with our 3 other main strikers all on national duty, maybe we need more cover in the striker department, one or two more injury's would cripple us upfront, and come the transfer window there ain't many strikers around i think who want to come to Anfield as fifth choice striker.

anyone got any ideas for a decent striker if worse came to worse, and would fancy the challenge at Anfield
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Dirk Kuyt injury worry
      Reply #1: Oct 09, 2007 06:54:19 pm
      I don't think it's quite time to be thinking about having to sign another striker, Kuyt is supposed to be back for the game after for Holland, and we've still got plenty in reserve if any of them do get injured.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Oct 09, 2007 06:55:52 pm
      Glad its just a scare, and glad that he might not be playing  ;)  Club first, country second  :D
      KopSecret
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: Oct 09, 2007 10:56:14 pm
      its only a wee hamstring injury, he'll be back in a few weeks - having 4 strikers is sufficient cover for any team
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Oct 10, 2007 10:51:33 pm
      Heard he has returned to Anfield.  Not very suggestive that he is returning to Holland.

Surely he would have just stayed with the national squad if he was going to take part.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #5: Oct 10, 2007 10:58:27 pm
      Met some Kuyt Feyernord supporters in Liverpool this weekend - they tell me that Dirk is sadly missed at his old club back in Holland as he was the heart and soul of the team and dressing-room...

Makes you think doesn't it....?
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #6: Oct 12, 2007 09:26:31 pm
      Hope he will have good time at LiverpoolFC, It's really hard to leave the club that lead him in his first steps in the football world.

About his injuy, I'm glad that he can relax 2 weeks, in the internationnal break, I hope that he can be fit for tha match with Everton. LiverpoolFC will have a lot of main players away for nationnal duty, the more can rest, the better.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #7: Oct 12, 2007 10:33:10 pm
      Just heard Torres is out for at least 10 days. Injured in training with Spain. Don't be expecting him to play Everton.

Quick Reply