Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool 0:0 Everton In game and post match discussion.

Read 29213 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Everton
      Reply #276: May 05, 2013 03:19:16 pm
      Hopeless in parts! Explains our league position! Need a better bench and my lord we need a Sami! Gerrard motm and coutinho our ray of light for future success!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #277: May 05, 2013 03:19:27 pm
      We have wasted so many set pieces today and we have given away so many petty free kicks! We're lucky that they have wasted all of theirs too. Boring derby today. It's as though the players didn't believe that they had anything to play for. Not happy at all! As you can probably tell.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #278: May 05, 2013 03:19:32 pm
      Bore draw, Bitters playing for draws.....they'd suit Woy
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #279: May 05, 2013 03:20:15 pm
      Season over then, 5pts behind with 6 to play for. 

Intertoto?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #280: May 05, 2013 03:20:22 pm
      Gerrard, Agger, Carragher, and Coutinho all very good today. The rest were poor to dogshite. Sturridge doesn't deserve to start next game. His selfishness cost us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #281: May 05, 2013 03:20:43 pm
      0 - 0 is what happens when you have nothing to play for.

Sorry but it is the biggest game of the season for both clubs, there is a hell of a lot to play for!!! F***ing joke of a performance at times.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #282: May 05, 2013 03:20:56 pm
      Draw was a fair result..

Enrique, Johnson and Sturridge were poor today

Stevie was easily our best man .Carra was solid also

Poor game though
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #283: May 05, 2013 03:20:57 pm
      Fair result to honest . But have to say i am dissapointed with result. I think BR went for a draw.Still we got a point from a team above us.

No F**k, it was Everton.  :mad:
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #284: May 05, 2013 03:21:17 pm
      Bit sh*te really.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #285: May 05, 2013 03:21:37 pm
      Borefest.

A small team comes to Anfield with a draw in mind. Still I'm disappointed with what seemed, at times, to be a lack of urgency from the lads.

Is sixth that much better than seventh or pretty much the same? A bit like seventh not being much better than eighth really.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #286: May 05, 2013 03:22:04 pm
      Don't understand why Rodgers took Henderson off and kept both Lucas and Gerrard back. We ended up sitting so deep with no one to pass to through the middle.

Bad substitutions. Terrible game. I wish I could turn up to my job and do a half arsed shift when it gets to near the end of the year.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #287: May 05, 2013 03:23:20 pm
      Lacked the passion of a normal Derby, Enrique was poor considering the amount of possession he had. Feliani needs a big ban, this trying to get people to retaliate and get sent off is getting old now!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #288: May 05, 2013 03:23:28 pm
      Sturridge very wasteful today and he will always have games like this it seems.

A couple of very good games followed by a few frustrating one's will be what to expect from him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #289: May 05, 2013 03:24:04 pm
      Glen Johnson lad, how you're still getting picked on the back of these performances only shows how we're struggling for cover because he hasn't played well for absolute months. Another absolutely dire performance from him and only just beaten by his partner in crime Downing.

Henderson should never have been taken off, very odd substitution and question the thought behind it to be honest when he's playing well.

Thought Gerrard and Hendo were fantastic, Sturridge was awful for the entire game. Enrique, did well defensively but going forward every cross was never really to anyone and that's where we could have won it. Coutinho, looked the most likely and played a truly awesome pass to set Sturridge free which he should have scored from.

At the back we looked a mess on set pieces with only Reina looking comfortable, I feel he thinks he has to win everything though because our organisation and marking is sh*te.

Borini's impact was very little and I'm at a loss why he was brought on for Hendo, if anything that game was calling out for a switch on the right and it's a head scratcher for me that.

The truth though was that we were the better side but we simply lacked enough quality and a draw was probably fair.

Would like to see the FA ban Fellaini for elbowing about 4 different people in that game, but we all know nothing will happen.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Reply #290: May 05, 2013 03:24:55 pm
      As we had F**k all to play for, I thought we played quite well. Everton are a little more organised in defence than us. Good signs for next season...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #291: May 05, 2013 03:25:13 pm
      Borini's impact was very little and I'm at a loss why he was brought on for Hendo, if anything that game was calling out for a switch on the right and it's a head scratcher for me that.

Agree Luke and said it at the time.

Downing should have came off.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #292: May 05, 2013 03:27:03 pm
      F***ing sh*te...AGAIN.

Made even worse by the fact that they had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Was F**k all wrong with their goal and we were lucky to get that decision going our way, if it stood, like it should of, then we wouldn't of even got the point.

Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Downing, Sturridge, Borini were all F***ing sh*te. It's almost got me feeling like, with the exception of Pepe, that anybody wearing a number 2 today shouldn't be wearing it next year. Carra obviously retiring and the others were just so F***ing sh*t. So many wasteful passes, not enough chances created and just overall not good enough.

Gerrard and Countinho were head and shoulders above anything else. Stevie showed from the first second to the last how much it meant to him and Philly was outstanding on the few times he did get on the ball. Shame we didn't get it to him more often.

Still six points to play for this year, so lets go out there and get them. At least end this disappointing year on a high.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #293: May 05, 2013 03:28:23 pm
      Wow that was dry as toast that
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #294: May 05, 2013 03:28:54 pm
      I thought both sets of CBs defended very well today. Agger wasn't great in the attack, but his defending was as solid as it could have been.

Gerrard and Henderson were excellent today, Stevie in particular. Unfortunately for us, we had no one in the front 4 who could how good Gerrard was playing.

I actually Coutinho had long stretches of uninvolvement. Our best moments were when he was involved in the play - and we nearly scored a few in those instances. But when he was missing, we didn't ever look like scoring. Either he drifted out of the game too much or we weren't getting him the ball enough so he can get involved. That needs to get addressed.

As for Sturridge, I don't think he was as poor as people want to make out. He had just as many good moments as bad ones. Should have done a bit better with his opportunities and picking out teammates, but he also did well to set others up also. Denied a goal by some fine keeping from Howard. A total 50/50 game from Danny.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #295: May 05, 2013 03:29:57 pm
      Thoughts on the game:

Everton were sh*t

Liverpool were sh*t

The referee was sh*t

The atmosphere was sh*t

Both teams seemed to enter the game with a small team mindset of not wanting to lose tbh.

sh*t!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #296: May 05, 2013 03:30:28 pm
      Thoughts on the game:

Everton were sh*t

Liverpool were sh*t

The referee was sh*t

The atmosphere was sh*t

Both teams seemed to enter the game with a small team mindset of not wanting to lose tbh.

Sh*t!

The only one I disagree with.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #297: May 05, 2013 03:30:30 pm
      Carra, so good in interviews, absolutely love him. One of those guys you just feel nobody ever gets one up on him in a football discussion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #298: May 05, 2013 03:31:15 pm
      Carra, so good in interviews, absolutely love him. One of those guys you just feel nobody ever gets one up on him in a football discussion.

Indeed.

Did you hear his frustration about Luis goal being disallowed earlier in the season not even bening mentioned?

Quick Reply