Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool 0:0 Everton In game and post match discussion.

Read 29126 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: Liverpool 0:0 Everton In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #322: May 05, 2013 05:06:29 pm
      Not sure what that's a reflection on, bank holiday weekend with nice weather or the little importance of the match in the bigger picture or the fans disinterested in general as the season draws to a close with nothing to play for.

Still like you say, it is a surprise that so little has been said about the match.

Probably a combination of all three Luke but I still would expect a little more chat even taking that into account.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #323: May 05, 2013 05:46:39 pm
      Season over then, 5pts behind with 6 to play for. 

Intertoto?

Apparently the Intertoto Cup is dead and buried! :-\

No Back door entry then.  :roll:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #324: May 05, 2013 05:53:15 pm
      Well that was an appalling match for both sets of fans to watch. Utterly dreadful in every aspect. I'm going to say no more because it simply didn't deserve my time.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #325: May 05, 2013 05:56:50 pm
      At least if you look at the table, we're clearly top of the mid table league.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #326: May 05, 2013 06:20:15 pm
      What a sh**e game.  Apart from Stevie, Pepe and Coutinho the rest may as well have stayed home.

I can't wait till f**king summer, this season has dragged on for far too long.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #327: May 05, 2013 06:22:40 pm
      One of those end of league matches, totally nullified each other, you tackle, we tackle, you misplace a pass, we misplace a pass. I honestly couldn't give a sh*te to analyse it.

If any of our brothers across the oceans never watched it I'd recommend a pass, you'll achieve absolutely nothing by watching it, tactically, passion-wise, heart etc, nothing, it was sh*te.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #328: May 05, 2013 06:34:28 pm
      One of those end of league matches, totally nullified each other, you tackle, we tackle, you misplace a pass, we misplace a pass. I honestly couldn't give a sh*te to analyse it.

If any of our brothers across the oceans never watched it I'd recommend a pass, you'll achieve absolutely nothing by watching it, tactically, passion-wise, heart etc, nothing, it was sh*te.

Definitely one to forget that's for sure mate.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #329: May 05, 2013 06:42:44 pm
      Did seem a little strange to me to have a derby this close to the end of the season.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #330: May 05, 2013 06:56:06 pm
      What a sh**e game.  Apart from Stevie, Pepe and Coutinho the rest may as well have stayed home.

I can't wait till f**king summer, this season has dragged on for far too long.

Yes, yes and yes again. Awful game to watch, too many players just didn't turn up.
      The sad thing Is, I really thought we were better than that, even without Luis.
      It certainly hasn't given me the confidence I was looking for, going into the new season.
      We are a work in progress, that is for sure!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #331: May 05, 2013 07:27:43 pm
      https://m.facebook.com/TKWATR?ref=m_notif&refid=52&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

An admin on this facebook page claims Everton fans were singing "Always the victim" and Murders! Can't be true can it? Anyone hear anything like that?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #332: May 05, 2013 07:38:40 pm
      Did not see the  game, I was in work sounds as if I did not miss anything special.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Everton
      Reply #333: May 05, 2013 07:50:47 pm
      Gaffer: "I thought Daniel Sturridge was outstanding..."  :o ??? :mad:

Bear in mind he said that in relation to a comment about missing Suarez and to say anything other would have been disrespectful to the player. I agree with your earlier comments though, he gets a cob on every time Suarez is selfish then does the exact same thing himself. He seems like he wants to be the star player in the team. His ego was his problem at the last two clubs he was with and if he doesn't peg it back he'll ruin his career.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #334: May 05, 2013 07:57:55 pm
      I'm feeling depressed reading this post match reviews. :(
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #335: May 05, 2013 08:12:46 pm

An admin on this facebook page claims Everton fans were singing "Always the victim" and Murders! Can't be true can it? Anyone hear anything like that?

I was in the Anny road end and there were a few bellends chanting in the queue for the turnstiles, but didn't hear it in the ground.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #336: May 05, 2013 08:26:01 pm
      I'm feeling depressed reading this post match reviews. :(

It's disappointment more than anything I'd say, with the goal fest last week maybe the majority thought it as good as accepted we were on a winning run and a victory was assured.
      Everton didn't play ball with that assumption; some of our lads just didn't play - full stop.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #337: May 05, 2013 08:29:11 pm
      Yes, yes and yes again. Awful game to watch, too many players just didn't turn up.
      The sad thing Is, I really thought we were better than that, even without Luis.
      It certainly hasn't given me the confidence I was looking for, going into the new season.
      We are a work in progress, that is for sure!
      Spot on thought Sturridge couldn't be arsed today, Downing, Enrique, Johnson were awfull. Everton were there for the taking, we were just not up to the job....again
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #338: May 05, 2013 08:34:11 pm
      I've no problem with Brendan over- praising his players in public, I love a manager who backs his players! Doesn't mean he believes what he's saying, he's not blind, he'll have seen Sturridge's performance today, and probably knew he would get the brunt of fans frustration.

We know Brendan's interviews are not his strong point, but its a little petty to criticise his big-ing up of his players!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #339: May 05, 2013 08:40:20 pm
      Yes, agreed, unfortunately you are wrong on both accounts.

Firstly, I've defended and supported the gaffer to the hilt, and have no reason to stop, so I am not in any way sticking the knife in', and secondly, yes, he did in fact say those exact words.

It's in quotes because he said it

Not aimed at you mate at all.

I just thought it was weird that there was quotes floating around before the press conference was on. With all the stick aimed at him recently, I just thought it was another fan jumping on his back after another poor result, using one of his most-used phrases.

Nothing against you at all. TBH I haven't been on the forum enough as of late, so I don't know your stance on Rodgers, but the general consensus of fans that I've seen of late, is that Liverpool fans don't particularly like him.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #340: May 05, 2013 08:47:00 pm
      the general consensus of fans that I've seen of late, is that Liverpool fans don't particularly like him.

I don't think its that mate. I think its more that some of us remain to be convinced he can take us where we want to be.

I actually really like Brendan and love how he talks about football but still have to be convinced if he is the man. There have been some positives and negatives and I think next season we will see much more of he is the man long term.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #341: May 05, 2013 08:52:10 pm
      I don't think its that mate. I think its more that some of us remain to be convinced he can take us where we want to be.

I actually really like Brendan and love how he talks about football but still have to be convinced if he is the man. There have been some positives and negatives and I think next season we will see much more of he is the man long term.

It's work in progress mate, todays performance was a graphic reminder of the fact .
      Brendan is FSG's man, their heads are on the line as much as the manager in the longer term.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #342: May 05, 2013 08:55:08 pm
      I was in the Anny road end and there were a few bellends chanting in the queue for the turnstiles, but didn't hear it in the ground.

Heard the murderers chance once and the always the victim chant twice. Quite loud as well, not just a few.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #343: May 05, 2013 08:55:37 pm

Heard the 'Always the victims' sh*te in the second half, although it was a minority & barely audible.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #344: May 05, 2013 08:56:37 pm

I know what you mean. I was a big fan of his, well the football side anyways. But the last month or 2 I havn't been as impressed, just poor result really, and his selections/subs can sometimes be baffling. Like not starting Sturridge v Chelsea & his subs today with taking Hendo off and moving to 3 at the back, trying to play through the wing backs when both Johnson & Enrique were having shockers.

I like him and want to give him another year, I will give him another year, but he has to improve us a lot. Like a proper challenge for top 4. The shadow of Rafa looming over him is too big.

I hope he is the man for the long term like, cos that obviously means him & the team are doing well!

Quick Reply