Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 0:0 Everton In game and post match discussion.

Read 28900 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 0:0 Everton In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #368: May 06, 2013 08:14:36 am
      Well that was disappointing to say the least, very boring with most of the players already in holiday mode, with the exception of Stevie, Carra,  Coutinho, Agger & Pepe, Enrique was half decent apart from his final delivery especially second half, Johnson needs a f***in rest, he has been way under par for to long now, there is no one pushing him for his place in the starting X1 and has become complacent,
      Downing is simply just not good enough simple as that, he had a decent spell in the side recently but has reverted back to his mediocre self,
      Lucas has not been the same player since his return from injury, hopefully he will be back to his best next season, Borini just needs more games I'm sure so next season is make or break for him, Sturridge for me needs to keep his head down work hard and learn that at Anfield everyone stays on the same level, at chavs & city the prima donnas thrive , but not here, he has a sh*t load of talent but it has to be nurtured the right  way, the Liverpool way,

Looks like our season will just Peter out ? (who's Peter) two games left  Fulham(a) then Harry's mob last game at home, we should bag all 6 points but all in all does it really matter.   YNWA
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #369: May 06, 2013 08:42:50 am
      Poor game really and sums up our season... lots of promise, but short on delivery.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #370: May 06, 2013 09:24:59 am
      I heard the 'Sturridge was outstanding' comment and nearly spat my Bud out.

Thank you wahs - I was beginning to think I was the only one heard him say that!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #371: May 06, 2013 09:34:47 am
      Thank you wahs - I was beginning to think I was the only one heard him say that!

Yep, loud as day. Post match interview on Sky, not the actual presser.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #372: May 06, 2013 09:44:05 am
      Yep, loud as day. Post match interview on Sky, not the actual presser.

Didn't hear it but to be honest I've stopped listening to BR post match as it often seems a bit like the flat earth society.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #373: May 06, 2013 10:28:40 am
      Apparently the Intertoto Cup is dead and buried! :-\

No Back door entry then.  :roll:

The only back door entry going on at the moment is Brendan entering Pascoe mate. I've still to receive an answer from anybody regarding what he actually does here.

That game yesterday was terrible.

As for nothing to play for?, it's a F***ing derby!. If the players can't get up for this game then i seriously have to question their commitment and also the commitment of the management staff too.

As Exiled said, there is no point in analysing the game when there was nothing to analyse.

Sturridge was terrible yesterday. If he took his chances first time instead of taking extra touches he'd have a lot more goals by now.

It's definitely something that needs working on and i'm sure deep down he knows this and more importantly, that Brendan knows this and works on it.

Only Reina, Gerrard and Coutinho turned up yesterday and that is worrying.

Coutinho may have only been here ten seconds but i'm guessing there are Clubs that will be testing our resolve this Summer.

Even David Blunkett can see this lad is something special.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #374: May 06, 2013 10:30:00 am
      Didn't hear it but to be honest I've stopped listening to BR post match as it often seems a bit like the flat earth society.

F***ing brilliant!.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #375: May 06, 2013 10:47:54 am

:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #376: May 06, 2013 10:51:15 am

Hahaha Nothing concrete to report.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #377: May 06, 2013 11:14:43 am

Looks like our season will just Peter out ? (who's Peter) two games left  Fulham(a) then Harry's mob last game at home, we should bag all 6 points but all in all does it really matter.   YNWA

Sorry to pick out just this bit of your post Billy but how many times this season should we have bagged the points and failed?  Far too many for my liking!

Does it really matter?  Hell yes it does matter and should matter massively to Brendan because if we don't, the little bit of "progress" he's clinging onto will disappear completely.

BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #378: May 06, 2013 05:45:47 pm
      The repeats on tv right now. should i watch it should i not. Reading all this i will be mad to watch it. Sad :(
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #379: May 06, 2013 07:43:03 pm
      Starting to doubt Sturridge' s commitment, starting to look like a moody sh*t to mei
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #380: May 06, 2013 07:55:14 pm
      Starting to doubt Sturridge' s commitment, starting to look like a moody sh*t to mei
      All the gaffer needs to say to him is something along the lines of; 'You blew it at City, you blew it at Chelsea, the rest were not, are not, interested. You're at the last chance saloon'

If he messes up here, he'll end up with Fulham or something similar
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #381: May 06, 2013 10:06:26 pm
      Why oh why oh why did I track down the full match online and watch three quarters of it  :mad:

I don't recall seeing a worse derby game.  Everton came with a plan and we can with nothing.  I was half asleep watching but one thing stood out was Sturridge being a greedy fooker.  One good thing was we looked like we had more numbers in midfield (that's only taken 36 games!!) to deal with Everton.

But come on, this is the derby.  I mean WTF, we did them home and away last year (and knocked them out of the FA cup as a bonus).   :f_steam:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #382: May 06, 2013 10:15:44 pm
      Just felt a bit sad then when I realised that due to Gerrard missing the last 2 games with his shoulder surgery, yesterday was the last time we'll see Gerrard and Carragher playing together competitively.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #383: May 07, 2013 08:39:30 am
      This wasn't a real Derby, even when we weren't guaranteed of winning the league such as in 86-87 and we beat them 3-1 the atmosphere was incredible, until the CL semi's Everton at home was always exceptional and unbeatable. It is a sad but true fact that it is just a sideshow to the real important issues in the PL the derby....the team needs to be competing for at least 4th next year otherwise I really worry about our club.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #384: May 07, 2013 09:56:25 am
      sh*te game, bored me to F***ing tears, it was like watching Stoke at their finest.

Firstly, don't know why we allow ourselves to get dragged into these 'battles' when we play Everton, stick to the normal game and you can run rings around them, Sylvain Distain is older than Gandalf for fucks sake, I could F***ing outpace him. Instead we had to try match them for physicality, which is all they ever bring to any derby game, because football-wise, they're sh*te.

Secondly, to many players went hiding, Downing was non-existant, Sturridge was crap (more on him soon), Glen and Jose offered nothing pushing on and to be honest, I wouldn't be overly bothered if Glen was sold in summer I think he's one of the most over-rated players I've ever seen at Liverpool. We created enough to win, despite all of the above because Stevie, Hendo and Coutinho were making things happen, buy Sturridge just cocked up every time. I though he was terrible yesterday and his general attitude strikes me as someone who thinks 'I've made it' because he's had a decent start. Buck up or F**k off, I can't be doing with attitudes like that, no matter who it is and he's had that a few times now.

sh*te game, sh*te season and 2 games left until this torture is over and then we can get fed more bullshit about 'progression'. I've seen no F***ing progression this season and I have my doubts we'll see any next season, I wish the whole F***ing lot of them would piss off from our club and take their grand plans with them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #385: May 07, 2013 01:54:26 pm
      Can't recall a poorer derby to be honest.

End of season fixture written all over it lethargic, slow and lacking intensity.

Yup. This is it.

No fight from either side - and I'm even more surprised at Everton really as they had the opportunity of ending a 14 year wait for a League win.

It was a surreal game all around.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #386: May 07, 2013 03:26:18 pm
      I felt nothing after this game.
      No anger or disappointment.

That was until the young lads game against United.

There was more fight and spirit in the U21 lads Vs United.
      Looking at Wisdom especially I couldn't shake the feeling that he would have given more than Enrique.
      Shelvey's wonder goal, Coady dropping back to dig out with Wisdom when we went down to 10.
      Seeing as Gerrard is now out with a shoulder op, this is now a perfect time to give Coady some game time.
      Although we could well see Henderson drop deep alongside Lucas. Why upset the system that has been in place. If we are to keep Henderson playing where he has been at his best for us then it makes sense to bring Coady into the team.

Once again the youth players have shown me more of the Liverpool Way than the first team.
      I've had that experience for the last three seasons now.
      When are we going to break the chain.

I think we should give some of the youngsters a chance in the last two games.
      Otherwise, despite the hyperbole earlier in the season, it starts to look like the youthful representation early in the season was by necessity rather than design.

While Suso and Sterling can be easily justified in their exclusion, due to the arrival of Coutinho and Sturridge.
      Wisdom's exclusion seems more harsh given that our fullbacks have at times struggled recently.

We speak about progress and looking to next season but at times I find it hard to see what exactly the bigger picture is. Certainly if this Derby proved anything it was that neither Everton or Liverpool felt like they had anything to play for at the weekend. Hardly progress from a season where we hammered Everton last season and enjoyed a run to two Wembley finals.

One thing rang true for me. I think Carra said it. The signings of Sturridge and Coutinho gave a fresh injection to the squad in January. Looking back at last season and how flat the squad went, I do wonder what a similar injection would have done for Kenny Dalglish before he was so cruely ignored in the FA Cup Final by Henry, before being shown the door.

I'm not convinced we have improved this season. Yes there seems to be some stylish football at times, but is there anymore substance behind it?
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2013 03:49:53 pm by racerx34 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #387: May 07, 2013 05:17:23 pm
      I'm not convinced we have improved this season. Yes there seems to be some stylish football at times, but is there anymore substance behind it?

Don't forget end product, while in some games we have scored goals, obviously like the Newcastle game, there are others where we have struggled to break down teams that defend from the back.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #388: May 07, 2013 06:03:15 pm
      Don't forget end product, while in some games we have scored goals, obviously like the Newcastle game, there are others where we have struggled to break down teams that defend from the back.

Would be great to have a battering ram in the squad.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #389: May 07, 2013 09:38:49 pm
      I felt nothing after this game.
      No anger or disappointment.

That was until the young lads game against United.

There was more fight and spirit in the U21 lads Vs United.
      Looking at Wisdom especially I couldn't shake the feeling that he would have given more than Enrique.
      Shelvey's wonder goal, Coady dropping back to dig out with Wisdom when we went down to 10.
      Seeing as Gerrard is now out with a shoulder op, this is now a perfect time to give Coady some game time.
      Although we could well see Henderson drop deep alongside Lucas. Why upset the system that has been in place. If we are to keep Henderson playing where he has been at his best for us then it makes sense to bring Coady into the team.

Once again the youth players have shown me more of the Liverpool Way than the first team.
      I've had that experience for the last three seasons now.
      When are we going to break the chain.

I think we should give some of the youngsters a chance in the last two games.
      Otherwise, despite the hyperbole earlier in the season, it starts to look like the youthful representation early in the season was by necessity rather than design.

While Suso and Sterling can be easily justified in their exclusion, due to the arrival of Coutinho and Sturridge.
      Wisdom's exclusion seems more harsh given that our fullbacks have at times struggled recently.

We speak about progress and looking to next season but at times I find it hard to see what exactly the bigger picture is. Certainly if this Derby proved anything it was that neither Everton or Liverpool felt like they had anything to play for at the weekend. Hardly progress from a season where we hammered Everton last season and enjoyed a run to two Wembley finals.

One thing rang true for me. I think Carra said it. The signings of Sturridge and Coutinho gave a fresh injection to the squad in January. Looking back at last season and how flat the squad went, I do wonder what a similar injection would have done for Kenny Dalglish before he was so cruely ignored in the FA Cup Final by Henry, before being shown the door.

Good post mate sums it up for me ,i too fail to see any improvement on last year and thats a worrying aspect for me , i am all for giving people a chance ,but i am failing to see the spark.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #390: May 07, 2013 09:52:12 pm
      Managed to get a ticket for the game,wish i held onto to my few quid now. The only thing i got from that game was a hangover. Went ino the game pissed and buzzing came out bored to death and hungover. Worst game i was ever at in anfield.

Quick Reply