Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Fulham vs Liverpool EPL | Sun 12th May 2013 | KO 1500 BST

Read 9232 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Fulham vs Liverpool EPL | Sun 12th May 2013 | KO 1500 BST
      May 07, 2013 05:46:39 pm
      vs

The high of travelling up to Newcastle in what was a surprisingly comfortable away win was swiftly followed by a low. Liverpool's inability to dismantle their city neighbours and closest league rival means they are now two games away from the season drawing to a close. Automatic European qualification is now impossible, so what's left to play for? How about a retiring legend. Winning the final two games with the scouse legend leading the way is a fitting way to end an illustrious career. First up, it's Fulham away.

Breaking down the history of the past 6 meetings at Craven Cottage have been far from forgetful for the reds: 3 wins, including some Suarez magic which we will not see on Sunday, and 3 losses in which the reds have picked up 3 red cards in two of those. For good measure Papa Bouba Diop picked up a 90th minute red in the other loss.

The early season meeting between the two sides was a fantastic display from the reds, which included a rare positive Martin Skrtel performance and one of many great performances from our captain this season. We won comfortably at Anfield 4-0 against a Fulham team that couldn't care less and just wanted to go back home to London.

The players to be wary of in this one will be Bryan Ruiz - off the back of scoring two last week in what was an awful loss to the league whipping boys, along with the ever dangerous Dimitar Berbatov - who is not on the best form, failing to score in his last 6 games. Too many lethargic performances from a player they are paying top money for, in my personal opinion, however he is to never be taken lightly. When he's up for it the opposition defenders are in for a tough game.

Fulham are currently in possibly their worst run of games this season (W0 D1 L5) and that lousy run was capped off by the loss to Reading. Such a disappointing loss could be the fuel Martin Jol and his team craves to put on a show for their final game of the season in front of their home support. We must be wary of a fighting Fulham and duly slaughter any hope of an upset with a key early goal.

Team news: Gerrard set to miss the rest of the season with shoulder surgery, which means Fabio Borini could make his first start since coming back from injury, alternatively Brendan Rodgers may opt to go with either Shelvey or Suso for some more midfield control. While Sterling and Kelly are set to sit out the remainder of the season in favour of a fresh pre-season this summer. For Fulham, former reds Riise and Kačaniklić look set to play against their old club.

Whatever teamsheet you write down it doesn't look strong for the reds. However, with a fantastic performance Monday night from some of the U21 reds I'd like to see Andre Wisdom back in the starting line-up to replace Glen Johnson. The main area to focus on obviously now is who will replace Gerrard. I'd like it to be Suso. He also had a nice game in a 10 vs 11 man situation in Manchester and hasn't featured too much since Coutinho arrived, which is a shame as they could link up well.

My preferred line-up:

Reina
      Wisdom Carragher Agger Enrique
                Lucas Henderson
         Downing  Suso  Coutinho
                   Sturridge

Referee: Mark Halsey (Callum McManaman's lover)
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Re: Fulham vs Liverpool EPL | Sun 12th May 2013 | KO 1500 BST
      Reply #1: May 08, 2013 06:12:03 am
      I think we will win this one after another anti-climax from the derby result. It is what we are this season. Take nothing for granted cause after a festival of goals, we will crash straight back eating humble pie. Our team have shown this season, despite the improve form over the second half of the season, we are not capable of putting a run of results that produce an impact of making us look as challengers. Our results are not making a dent on our rivals own expectations. I hope Brendan can make us have that image again next season. LFC being back known as genuine challengers will definitely rattle the whole league let alone the FA. Come On Liverpool!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2: May 08, 2013 02:01:01 pm
      Agger is out for the last two games as well.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #3: May 08, 2013 02:32:17 pm
      Season is effectively over so might aswell give some youngsters some first-team experience, especially with Agger, Gerrard and Suarez out.

Fulham looked very weak of late and also a mid-table finisher so have nothing to play for, dont see why we cant win.

Expect something like,
      Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique; Lucas, Henderson; Downing, Suso, Coutinho; Sturridge.

Jones, Wisdom, Coates, Shelvey, Assaidi, Borini, Ibe
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: May 08, 2013 02:36:48 pm
      Gerrard and Agger both out.

Coady and Wisdom to feature?

The last two games of what has been a nothing season,
      we might as well show some of the youngster faith.

Obviously it's more likely Skrtel will replace Agger,
      with Henderson dropping deep for Gerrard, but I'd like
      to see Coady and Wisdom feature as at least subs.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #5: May 09, 2013 03:30:34 am
      Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Carra, Enrique; Henderson, Lucas; Downing, Suso, Coutinho; Borini
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: May 09, 2013 09:37:46 am
      narrow win 1-0 or 2-1. Think it will be a boring game im sick of draws tbh.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7: May 09, 2013 10:33:08 am
      I'll wait until later to choose a team in case anyone else gets injured.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #8: May 09, 2013 10:35:01 am
                                   Reina
      Wisdom      Carragher       Skrtel      Enrique
                      Henderson      Lucas
         Downing              Suso            Coutinho
                                Sturridge
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #9: May 09, 2013 11:47:11 am
      I'd like to see a few young and fringe players starting for this one as we literally do have nothing left to play for and the attitude of everyone during the derby shows that even in that game they weren't up for it.

Reina

McLaughlin  Carra  Wisdom  Enrique

Coady  Lucas

Henderson

Sterling  Borini Coutinho
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2013 12:05:50 pm by srslfc »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #10: May 09, 2013 11:49:42 am
      I'd like to see a few young and fringe players starting for this one as we literally do have nothing left to play for and the attitude of everyone during the derby shows that even in that game they weren't up for it.

Reina

McLaughlin  Carra  Wisdom  Enrique

Coady  Lucas

Henderson

Sterling  Borinin Coutinho

We still have an outside chance of finishing ahead of the Bitters if we win out last 2 games so I really think we should be playing our strongest team possible.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #11: May 09, 2013 11:53:13 am
      We still have an outside chance of finishing ahead of the Bitters if we win out last 2 games so I really think we should be playing our strongest team possible.

Well the players selected against them didn't seem too bothered about that so give a few young lads a go.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #12: May 09, 2013 12:04:59 pm
      Anyone else see something wrong with the fact that the Rafa thread and Fergie retiring thread has received a lot more attention past few days than this?

Anyway, would be nice to see some young players involved. Maybe with Gerrard and Agger out, someone like Shelvey and Skrtel may come in. That would free up places on the bench for someone like Connor Coady or, from a personal like, Ryan McLaughlin. That said, would love to see Coates in instead of Skrtel. Hasn't done a lot wrong and, if rumours are to be believed, Skrtel leaving means the place is up for grabs. Give him a go!
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #13: May 09, 2013 04:11:58 pm
      Give some players who have been out of favour a chance to shine.Like shelvey,coates,Then what about borino and even some reserve players on the bench as the game means nothing in terms of standings.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #14: May 09, 2013 05:09:31 pm
      Reina; McLaughlin, Wisdom, Carra, Enrique; Lucas, Coady; Henderson, Suso, Coutinho; Borini.

Subs: Gulasci, Johnson, Skrtel, Shelvey, Sterling, Downing, Sturridge.
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #15: May 09, 2013 06:18:01 pm
      I cannot remember being this disinterested in a league game, we are going to finish 7th now so its irrelevant. Expect a win because we haven't got any pressure on us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #16: May 09, 2013 09:39:45 pm
      Reina; McLaughlin, Wisdom, Carra, Enrique; Lucas, Coady; Henderson, Suso, Coutinho; Borini.

Subs: Gulasci, Johnson, Skrtel, Shelvey, Sterling, Downing, Sturridge.

This sounds a decent side to give some of the fringe players a decent outing. Wouldn't be the side i'd select if we were determined to get above the bitters, but these younger lads wont learn their trade if they don't get thrown in occasionally. Still think we have enough there to force a close win. Settle for a draw though, unless we go strongest side, then I would expect a resounding win.  I'll make a prediction when I know the starting 11.   
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: May 09, 2013 09:42:56 pm
      Think McLaughlin is still injured. Missed the last U21s game. Wouldn't mind seeing Ibe in the squad since Sterling is still recovering or being protected - whichever it is.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #18: May 09, 2013 10:02:39 pm
      Put Pepe up top, should always happen in nothing to play for Sunday league games!
      Seriously would go back to a 4-4-2, cant see how Borini/Sturridge would fit in the same team otherwise;

Pepe
      Johnson       Carra      Wisdom      Enrique
                          Lucas
                                        Henderson
           Ibe                                    Coutinho
                        Borini    Sturridge

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013 10:43:07 pm by Benito »
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #19: May 10, 2013 12:36:36 am
      I remember that game against Fulham in May of 2011.  Wow.  What a time that was!  Anyone else remember that game?

We were still riding that high after Kenny came back, playing some really great football, we went away and crushed them 5-2, I think it was.

Maxi scored another hat trick with the third goal being a brilliant screamer that he never would have taken if it weren't for the away kop yelling "shoooot."

Jonjo played a mouthwatering through-ball to Suarez for the final goal and he danced around the keeper and tapped it in.

That season was about to end, and I could only think: wow, we're going to be F***ing amazing next season.

Then we got rid of Meireles and signed Downing, Adam, and Henderson.

And we've been fu**ed since then.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #20: May 10, 2013 12:33:50 pm
      I remember that game against Fulham in May of 2011.  Wow.  What a time that was!  Anyone else remember that game?

We were still riding that high after Kenny came back, playing some really great football, we went away and crushed them 5-2, I think it was.

Maxi scored another hat trick with the third goal being a brilliant screamer that he never would have taken if it weren't for the away kop yelling "shoooot."

Jonjo played a mouthwatering through-ball to Suarez for the final goal and he danced around the keeper and tapped it in.

That season was about to end, and I could only think: wow, we're going to be f**king amazing next season.

Then we got rid of Meireles and signed Downing, Adam, and Henderson.

And we've been fu**ed since then.

Yea i remember. Fulham were woeful that day just like Newcastle were a couple of weeks ago.

And we didn't get rid of Meireles he f*cked us by submitting a written transfer request on the last day of the transfer window to join the Chavs cus he's a money grabbing c*nt. Now he's warming the bench at Fenerbache.

As Rafa would say these are the facts!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #21: May 10, 2013 02:04:07 pm
      I know everyone wants a bunch of changes, but I just don't see anyone else but Johnson at RB, for example. My guess is that Brendan will start this team:

Reina
      Carragher       Skrtel   
      Johnson                        Enrique
      Lucas    Henderson
      Shelvey
      Downing                         Coutinho
      Sturridge

Granted, I'd actually prefer to see Coutinho as the AM with either Assaidi or Sterling (if fit) starting at LWF. But, I'm not seeing it happening. Plus, Shelvey just scored that screamer for the U21s, so that will surely have caught Brendan's attention.

Who partners Carra will be interesting though. It's either going to be: Skrtel to prove he should be starting next year, or Coates to prove he still has a future here. Something to keep an eye on I think.

And we didn't get rid of Meireles he f*cked us by submitting a written transfer request on the last day of the transfer window to join the Chavs cus he's a money grabbing c*nt. Now he's warming the bench at Fenerbache.

The Meireles situation was a bit more complicated than that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #22: May 10, 2013 02:42:55 pm
      The Meireles situation was a bit more complicated than that.

Something else to thank Purslow the snake for!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #23: May 10, 2013 02:44:21 pm
      After that derby last weekend I've suddenly lost all desire to talk about or watch another Liverpool game. Thankfully I'll be in work and for the first time in a while ill not bother to have a cheeky check of the scores in the back.

Roll on next season, when hopefully we will actually start the season ready to compete.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #24: May 10, 2013 02:52:28 pm

Roll on next season, when hopefully we will actually start the season ready to compete.
      Sounds familiar? :(
      I usually say that at the season end for a long time now.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #25: May 10, 2013 04:14:11 pm
      Sounds familiar? :(
      I usually say that at the season end for a long time now.

Is the season not over? Oh god!

Ah no, I love our away days at Fulham. Great atmosphere. Hopefully we can score a few goals to give us something to sing about
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #26: May 10, 2013 04:28:49 pm
      Is the season not over? Oh god!

Ah no, I love our away days at Fulham. Great atmosphere. Hopefully we can score a few goals to give us something to sing about
      I really hate that game when SPearo got send off and Dempsey scored a tap in.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #27: May 10, 2013 06:49:00 pm
      Team LFC Globe have for Sunday: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique; Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey; Downing, Sturridge, Coutinho.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #28: May 11, 2013 07:28:00 am
      Hope that we go out with a bang, scoring a few goals in our last couple of games. Although we will finish seventh, we can look forward to better things in next season's campaign.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #29: May 11, 2013 10:16:10 am
      No reason we cant win both remaining games and finish above the Bitters.

Only question for me is Coates or Skrtel alongside Carra?
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #30: May 11, 2013 10:21:57 am
      Plenty of goals tomorrow I reckon, going 3-2 in our favour! Think blues will turnover WetSham being there last home game with Moyes though.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #31: May 11, 2013 11:01:16 am
      Looking forward to seeing some of the young players getting some game time here.

I'd go with:

Reina

Wisdom
      Carragher (c)
      Skrtel
      Enrique

Shelvey
      Lucas

Suso
      Henderson
      Borini

Sturridge

Subs; Jones; Coates; Coady, Coutinho, Downing, Ibe; Morgan.

Think that will be what we will see tomorrow. I'd like to see Coady, Ibe and Morgan come on at some point to give us a glimpse of what we could see next season.

1-3 to us, Skrtel, Shelvey and Sturridge scoring for us.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: May 11, 2013 04:25:45 pm
      Can't see many of the youngsters playing in this game as the U21's have got scumchester away on Tuesday in the semi final play off.

I just want the season over so it can be filed away in the "to be forgotten" drawer.

Away win would be nice, a positive performance would be good but I expect another lackluster, can't be arsed showing that'll be hailed as an outstanding performance.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #33: May 11, 2013 05:25:19 pm
      Lloyd Jones is with the team this weekend. Another promising talent. Good luck!
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #34: May 11, 2013 05:55:26 pm
      He is boss on the FM 13 :D.

Give youngsters a run in both the games. I don't mind if we lose, its nothing new. At least give some experience to the youngsters.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #35: May 11, 2013 06:59:40 pm

Looking forward to seeing him progress.. Certainly showing signs of quality.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: May 11, 2013 08:40:03 pm
      As strong a team as possible please Brendan, 6th isn't out of the question we just need Everton to lose their remaining games and get the job finished ourselves.

I would have liked to have seen a midfield and attack of:

Lucas Henderson
      Suso

Downing Sturridge Coutinho

But I believe Shelvey will be given the opportunity. He best get his discipline sorted out though because we can't afford to be having somebody sent off etc. and every game that Shelvey plays in he looks as though he is on a mission to do exactly that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37: May 11, 2013 08:43:41 pm
                       Reina

Johnson Carra Skrtel Enrique

Lucas

Downing  Shelvey Henderson 

Coutinho

Sturridge
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #38: May 12, 2013 07:54:03 am
                         Reina
      Johnson   Carra   Agger    Enrique
                    Lucas     Shelvey
                         Hendo
      Sturridge        Borini          Coutinho

I'm sure if Shelvey and Borini start they'll have a great match since they want to prove they are good enough.

And I don't want to see Downing again! Hendo can do a decent job on the wing but this removes creativity from the wings.
      Assaidi should play some minutes too!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #39: May 12, 2013 08:33:37 am
                          Reina
      Johnson   Carra   Agger    Enrique
                 Lucas     Henderson
                       Coutinho
      Downing      Sturridge       Borini

Got to be this all day long for me. Henderson deserves his slot in midfield with Lucas, stop playing him out wide.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #40: May 12, 2013 09:44:54 am
      Reina

Johnson
      Carragher
      Skrtel
      Enrique

Lucas
      Henderson
      Shelvey

Downing
      Sturridge
      Coutinho
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #41: May 12, 2013 09:54:42 am
      All I ask is whatever team Brendan Rodgers puts out they show some respect and pride in the Liverpool shirt they are wearing,because the season is just about over does not mean that we should not fight to the death and get 3 points.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #42: May 12, 2013 10:14:58 am
      All I ask is whatever team Brendan Rodgers puts out they show some respect and pride in the Liverpool shirt they are wearing,because the season is just about over does not mean that we should not fight to the death and get 3 points.

After the derby, anything less than 100% for each match should result in an early return to training or a late release on their jollies.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: May 12, 2013 10:16:47 am
      After the derby, anything less than 100% for each match should result in an early return to training or a late release on their jollies.
      Or a kick up the arse and told to get on their bike.
      IM
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | 12 
      Reply #44: May 12, 2013 10:48:46 am
      My first visit LFC was without goals. ( I was on the derby last veek...) In any case it was a beautiful experience xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

So I hope that today we will see some goals (3 - 4) - of course in the Fulham door  :)

I hope, that Skrtel will play and will not make a mistakes :roll:

I am looking forward to this match! 
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #45: May 12, 2013 11:11:49 am
      A game where the result doesn't matter... Too many of them this season.

Not gonna finish any higher, can't finish any lower, we should be using these games to see how the kids are.

I don't rate Coady that much, why not use this game to see what he is like and prove me wrong. Try Wisdom out at CB. Play Shelvey deep & Coutinho through the middle etc etc

Oh for the days of Maxi & 5 goals and looking forward to every game!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #46: May 12, 2013 11:43:38 am
      Truth be told I'm finding it hard to get excited about this one. It is by very definition a dead rubber - two teams with nothing to play for, killing time 'til they hit the beach. That said; I believe that we can and should tank them. They were pure sh*te, against the shittiest of all sh*t teams, last week and are there for the taking.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #47: May 12, 2013 11:47:42 am
      Cant wait to see Jamie stroll out with the Captains armband. His last away match in the EPL. Just remember Berbatov was a Manc Jamie, leave your foot in!
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #48: May 12, 2013 11:58:54 am
      Next season cant come quick enough,hopefully like many others have said throw some younger lads into the frae nada to lose here should be used like a pre-season friendly wish i could get excited about this one  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #49: May 12, 2013 12:19:44 pm
      Are some people forgetting if Everton draw or lose and we win.. We can still get 6th. Yes it's highly unlikely but I'm still wanting a win today and hoping for a fat Sam bore draw.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: May 12, 2013 12:33:48 pm
      Are some people forgetting if Everton draw or lose and we win.. We can still get 6th.
      Whilst finishing above the blueshite is that not much of an achievement, you're right; it's more than a distinct possibility Christ - given both teams remaining fixtures. The team selection and the intensity with which we play with will let us know, early on, if everyone shares that objective.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #51: May 12, 2013 12:51:26 pm
      A win and its over.. Which is expected and id expect that too with Moyes last game and Everton being a superior team, but then they've drawn 15 and West Ham something 4 out of their last 5 I've lost a few accumulators in my time to stupid unpredictable draws. So we gotta go out and play believing it is possible not because its Everton above us but because its a place above 7th and we should always want to finish as high as possible. Fingers crossed for a red card and early penalty.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #52: May 12, 2013 12:57:07 pm
      Or a kick up the arse and told to get on their bike.

That would also work, not so much a bike as an Aston Martin though, poor bas**rds.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #53: May 12, 2013 01:47:50 pm
      A distinct feeling of end of season blues is around the forum and I am feeling it as well. Cant even be bothered finding a stream to watch it on. If we turn up we will win easily but I worry about our attitude going into this game.

3-0 to the Red Men.

Sturridge X2 and Coutinho
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #54: May 12, 2013 01:59:03 pm
      apparently the team is:

Reina, Johnson, Downing, Wisdom, Coates, Carragher, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Coutinho, Sturridge.

bench: Jones, Enrique, Assaidi, Borini, Suso, Coady, Jones.

would love to see Assaidi get a good 30 minutes, make a last case for what he can do.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #55: May 12, 2013 02:01:27 pm
      5-3-2
                             Reina

Wisdom   Carra  Coates
      Johnson                              Downing
                      Lucas Shelvey

Hendo                      Coutinho

Sturridge   

Not a great team tbh.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #56: May 12, 2013 02:01:53 pm
      Thats a very interesting team.

Looks like it will line up as:

Reina
      Wisdom Coates Carragher Johnson
                    Lucas   Henderson
                        Shelvey
         Downing                Coutinho
                         Sturridge

Who is L Jones on the bench? Found him: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/lloyd-jones

Suarez 7 may be right with the formation, who knows.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #57: May 12, 2013 02:03:32 pm
      2 Jones on the bench? Must be Skrtel?

Other one is Lloyd Jones, a CB.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #58: May 12, 2013 02:04:06 pm
      Reina

Wisdom Carra Coates Johnson

Shelvey Lucas Hendo

Downing Sturridge Coutinho
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #59: May 12, 2013 02:04:54 pm
      Hopefully Suso gets some playing time
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: May 12, 2013 02:05:36 pm
      Thats a very interesting team.

Looks like it will line up as:

Reina
      Wisdom Coates Carragher Johnson
                    Lucas   Henderson
                        Shelvey
         Downing                Coutinho
                         Sturridge

Who is L Jones on the bench? Found him: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/lloyd-jones

Suarez 7 may be right with the formation, who knows.

He's a young centre back from the Academy.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #61: May 12, 2013 02:06:19 pm
      Hope Shelvey understands how big an opportunity that is for him. No more lazy displays, show your talent again, Jonjo!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #62: May 12, 2013 02:09:42 pm
      No Agger no Stevie and no Luis.

Not 1 side in the league would not struggle missing there best defender best midfielder and best finisher at the same time. A win here would be a good result considering that fact
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #63: May 12, 2013 02:10:30 pm
      What's up with Enrique?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #64: May 12, 2013 02:10:31 pm
      Chuffed for Lloyd Jones.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #65: May 12, 2013 02:11:23 pm
      Good to see Wisdom & Coates playing in their natural positions. Big performance needed for Shelvey to prove all this work he's been putting in this year is for something. Would like to see Suso get 30 mins too. Do ye reckon Jones could get minutes?

Want a clean sheet for Pepe and goals!!! Goals! to make this match some bit interesting! (apart from seeing the kids play) :-\
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #66: May 12, 2013 02:11:43 pm
      So, 4-2-3-1 or a 5-4-1 with Downing as a WB?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #67: May 12, 2013 02:12:06 pm

Neck strain due to the weight of his new hair.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #68: May 12, 2013 02:12:24 pm
      Probably keep up to date with scores but won't be catching the match until tomorrow on replay.

Hope we win well. Want to see a good performance for 90.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #69: May 12, 2013 02:12:54 pm
      So, 4-2-3-1 or a 5-4-1 with Downing as a WB?

Same formation for me with Johnson to left back Wisdom at right back

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #70: May 12, 2013 02:14:58 pm
      I loved this night! Maxi Rodriguez Song Hat-trick against Fulham

Also this is probably my favourite Liverpool goal ever

Fulham 0-1 Liverpool (Benayoun Goal)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #71: May 12, 2013 02:20:12 pm

I still remember that goal at the time. I went absolutely mental. Watched the replay for a week after. Amazing ending. I thought we were going to win the league after that.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #72: May 12, 2013 02:24:15 pm
      I still remember that goal at the time. I went absolutely mental. Watched the replay for a week after. Amazing ending. I thought we were going to win the league after that.

Same. Fully sure we had the league that day. I never been as close to hitting my head off a roof than that day celebrating!

A big goal that meant something, havn't had one of them for a while.

Did anyone else see this on the official twitter page?:
      Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 27m
      We believe #LFC will line up with three centre-backs in Carragher, Wisdom and Coates - and Johnson and Downing operating as wing-backs

So then this came up:

Jay McKenna ‏@JayMcKenna87 22m
      @LFC Just text Fulham and tell them next time

:lmao:
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #73: May 12, 2013 02:28:59 pm
      Yes the last really big game we played in the League and we won it - great team
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #74: May 12, 2013 02:31:48 pm
      Lloyd is a F***ing monster of a kid.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #75: May 12, 2013 02:35:05 pm