Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alex Ferguson Is Retiring

Read 25560 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Alex Ferguson Considering Retirement
      Reply #23: May 08, 2013 01:55:49 am
      Heart says thank F**k about time.

Mind and gut say it won't happen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24: May 08, 2013 07:15:48 am
      Heard or read that he's likely to announce that next season will be his last.

The Fail going with Moyes to be his understudy next season before taking over in the 2014/2015 season, can't see that though.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #25: May 08, 2013 07:55:14 am
      Given the season long love fest for the ne'er do well moyes and the adoration, arse licking and behaviour of josie when Real Madrid played them in the CL I wouldn't be surprised if it happened at all.It'd be just like him to do it now so he could be rejoiced by his loving fans and sky for the next two months. He'll get the biggest obituary a living man has ever had. The c**t.

My year would be complete if he 'retired' and they bought the new england manager out of his contract with the fa. I would literally piss myself where I stand.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #26: May 08, 2013 07:57:18 am
      Bit saddened by the news as I wanted the old c**t still managing that sh*t hut club when we retain the title once more.

Rafa to United? :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #27: May 08, 2013 08:22:16 am
      Bit saddened by the news as I wanted the old c**t still managing that sh*t hut club when we retain the title once more.

Rafa to United? :D

Don't even joke about that, I was very shocked when he went to Chelsea, with all the sh*t those plastic fans gave out, and the lack of respect they gave to the 96.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #28: May 08, 2013 08:26:55 am
      No disrespect meant to Frankly, Mr Shankly, and I can also see why the thread was started, because it's not just General Football News but massive General Football News, but it sure does irritate me that we've dedicated an entire thread to fergie

Having said that, if there wasn't a thread, I'd probably be wondering by now where it was :D

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #29: May 08, 2013 08:34:58 am
      We will know by the end of the day I would guess as this will knock share prices and Utd are no longer a club but a business...

Personally, I hope Big Sam get's the job.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30: May 08, 2013 09:16:19 am
      Confirmed
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31: May 08, 2013 09:16:31 am
      If it was all just empty talk and rumour then we would long have had an announcement by Manchester United refuting the allegations. That or this is an uncharacteristic PR disaster from Manchester United, the media darlings of course.

It's surely very likely that they'll announce something with regards to his future. At worst he's got one more season to go. At best he's going after the season's finished.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #32: May 08, 2013 09:17:32 am
      HE'S RETIRING
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #33: May 08, 2013 09:18:30 am
      The face of football just got a face lift!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #34: May 08, 2013 09:21:57 am
      Cheerio you hateful looking old c**t.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #35: May 08, 2013 09:25:39 am
      please let these be true, cant stand c**t
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: May 08, 2013 09:27:59 am
      please let these be true, cant stand c**t

True as the sky is blue....well at least on a clear day. It's all over the place. He's gone.

Now let's await the English media tears accompanied by the cries of 'Goodnight sweet prince'!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #37: May 08, 2013 09:29:58 am
      Redcafe just went into meltdown :lmao:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: May 08, 2013 09:30:41 am
      Wow!  End of an era for the EPL.

Good riddance to the miserable old soak.  Can see them still being successful for a few years though.
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #39: May 08, 2013 09:32:59 am
      8 May 2013
      Last updated at 09:25
      Facebook
      Twitter
      print
      Sir Alex Ferguson is going to retire at the end of the season

Sir Alex Ferguson will step down as Manchester United manager at the end of the season after 26 years in charge.
      The Scot, 71, has won 38 trophies since taking over from Ron Atkinson on 6 November 1986, including this season's Premier League title.
      His haul includes 13 titles, two Champions League crowns, five FA Cups and five League Cups.
      "The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about. It is the right time," Ferguson said.
      "It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so.
      "The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.
      Alex Ferguson's Man Utd trophies
      Premier League: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013.

FA Cup: 1990, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

League Cup: 1992, 2006, 2009, 2010

Champions League: 1999, 2008

Cup Winners Cup: 1991

FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

UEFA Super Cup: 1992

Inter-Continental Cup: 1999

FA Charity/Community Shield: 1990 (shared), 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011

"Our training facilities are amongst the finest in global sport and our home Old Trafford is rightfully regarded as one of the leading venues in the world.
      "Going forward, I am delighted to take on the roles of both Director and Ambassador for the club. With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future.
      "I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential. My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career,
      Ferguson is the most successful manager in the history of the British game and famously won a treble in 1999.
      He is undergoing a hip operation in the summer and that may have triggered his decision to step down.
      Bookmakers have made Everton manager "The Chosen One" odds-on favourite to take over at Old Trafford.
      The Scot is out of contract in the summer at Goodison Park having delayed talks on a new deal until the end of the season.
      Ferguson gave no indication he was thinking over his future when writing Sunday's programme notes against Chelsea.
      He said: "I certainly don't have any plans at the moment to walk away from what I believe will be something special."
      But rumours of his retirement filtered out after the club's end-of-season players versus coaches golf day at Dunham Massey, Greater Manchester on Tuesday afternoon.
      Former Wigan manager Paul Jewell paid tribute to Ferguson's ability to deal with the pressures that come with managing United.
      Also related to this story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22447018

Thank God.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #40: May 08, 2013 09:33:12 am
      Thatcher dead and now this c**t has retired. Good year so far!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #41: May 08, 2013 09:34:19 am
      Wow!  End of an era for the EPL.

Good riddance to the miserable old soak.  Can see them still being successful for a few years though.

Absolutely. Regardless of who they have in next year they will start as firm favourites to defend their title. We'd be deluding ourselves by predicting the 'imminent demise' of Manchester United. BUT it is the end of an era for that club and the English Premier League. It does bring the club out of it's comfort zone for the first time in my lifetime that's for sure and it faces some questions now.

Moyes and Mourinho are the two big names being touted. Big money on the former at present. The latter doesn't seem too safe an option, strange as it seems because while short term gain is always to be had and expected with Mourinho, long term stability isn't his nature.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #42: May 08, 2013 09:35:58 am
      ♪♫"When Bacon face retires.. We'll all be having a party!!!!"♪♫
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #43: May 08, 2013 09:37:01 am
      They'll still compete, but this is the end of an era. That man drove them on to league titles when they had squads that had no right to even challenge, let alone win.

Maybe now he'll make his position as chairman of the FA 'official'. :D

Going to be interesting to see how they react to this, huge news and we'll hear about this for the next year now.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #44: May 08, 2013 09:42:16 am
      This should have been posted on the official laugh at mancs thread.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45: May 08, 2013 09:42:36 am
      Heard or read that he's likely to announce that next season will be his last.

Stick with me for the big scoops folks...

Oh...  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply