Fulham 1-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match joy

Read 26865 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: LIVE: Fulham v Liverpool
      Reply #437: May 12, 2013 05:16:15 pm
      So the Bitters finished above us again, lets see them do that again next year minus manager, best player (Baines) and maybe even Fellani. Hate them for making me hate them so much! BR continues this way and we wont have to bother worrying about other teams positions only ours. CL 2014/2015 please.
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #438: May 12, 2013 05:17:17 pm
      Good to see Sturridge banging a hat trick! (still doubtfull about the celebration tho, but as long as he keep scoring!) a decent end of the season, let's hope we start next year rolling the goals as we do now!

Coates still struggling, not sure he ll make it next year, Couthino, signing of the year! what to say about the boy, he is just brilliant to watch.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #439: May 12, 2013 05:21:49 pm

You're going to offend Mr Muppet Daz.

Like I give two fucks mate :D
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #440: May 12, 2013 05:22:20 pm
      1 defeat in the last 11 prem games isn't bad, although too many draws....a little bit of progress
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #441: May 12, 2013 05:24:08 pm
      So apparently Sturridge has scored more goals in one afternoon than Danny Welbeck has in one season?!
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #442: May 12, 2013 05:24:56 pm
      Missed the 2nd half, great to see the score though and find out Sturridge got a hat-trick!

How many goals has he scored for us now? 12?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #443: May 12, 2013 05:26:11 pm

What the hell is wrong with you people... Coutinho has played 12 games for us, TWELVE GAMES.  He's only 20 years old. 

We have no way to know if he is good or not until he plays a full season with us.

Phil is F***ing awesome.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #444: May 12, 2013 05:26:46 pm
      Coutinho and Sturridge seems to have made the difference today, two great mid season signings.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #445: May 12, 2013 05:32:21 pm
      So apparently Sturridge has scored more goals in one afternoon than Danny Welbeck has in one season?!

Amazingly that numpty Hodgson still keeps playing him, Welbeck is a poor mans Ngog.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #446: May 12, 2013 05:48:47 pm
       Back from the game, awful first half but excellent second. The dodgy formation in the first was a disaster, but once we went back to type we looked a good side. I loved the smoke bombs and stuff too, we were 50 yards from all that and the atmos' in the away end was electric. My little lad loved it, well done lads. I also can't resist a well done to the manager, changed it round second half and got it spot on. Once again, HIS two January signings were immense, 20 million quid for them two must be the best bit of business we've done since Rafa's early buys.

On a sidenote, great reception for Riise, deafening and great to see.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #447: May 12, 2013 05:50:30 pm
      Good to see Sturridge banging a hat trick! (still doubtfull about the celebration tho, but as long as he keep scoring!) a decent end of the season, let's hope we start next year rolling the goals as we do now!

Coates still struggling, not sure he ll make it next year, Couthino, signing of the year! what to say about the boy, he is just brilliant to watch.

Thought he was decent today mate, and I've been a bit of a critic. I had a really good look at him today, and he's a better player than I've been giving him credit for.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #448: May 12, 2013 05:52:18 pm
      Back from the game, awful first half but excellent second. The dodgy formation in the first was a disaster, but once we went back to type we looked a good side. I loved the smoke bombs and stuff too, we were 50 yards from all that and the atmos' in the away end was electric. My little lad loved it, well done lads. I also can't resist a well done to the manager, changed it round second half and got it spot on. Once again, HIS two January signings were immense, 20 million quid for them two must be the best bit of business we've done since Rafa's early buys.

On ya Mick, have to keep yer head down won't ya?  ;D ;)
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #449: May 12, 2013 05:54:34 pm
      Well in Red Men great 2nd half performance we could & probably should have had 6 goals

Coutinho & Sturridge were both excellent & well done to Rogers for changing the system at half time

Well done to the travelling fans immense as always more smoke bombs brilliant loved it..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #450: May 12, 2013 06:02:57 pm
      I also can't resist a well done to the manager, changed it round second half and got it spot on.

^^ Yet another thing I, genuinely, like about Brendan; the fact that he's quick to change things... when he's got them wrong. Oops there goes my Jekyll fighting my Hyde again. Damn.  >:D
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #451: May 12, 2013 06:04:20 pm
      I refuse to judge a player based on 12 games.  It is not possible.

:lmao:

You are HILARIOUS. Not had such a good laugh in a while.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #452: May 12, 2013 06:16:44 pm

Sums it up pretty well.
      Also thought Coates had a good game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Fulham 1-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match joy
      Reply #453: May 12, 2013 06:26:15 pm
      :lmao:

You are HILARIOUS. Not had such a good laugh in a while.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #454: May 12, 2013 06:34:13 pm
      Haven't seen the match but the result is enough for a good celebration. F***ing made up for Danny, the lad is proving all doubters wrong on a regular basis. And we're showing that we are more than capable of picking up results without Suarez and Gerrard.

Nice to see a few of the younger lads get a run out as well, even if it was only a couple of minutes for Coady and just over a half for Norm.

Now for the final game of the season, which has nothing riding on it in terms of position in the League, but it'd still be nice to end the season at Anfield with a comfortable win and take us onto next season with a couple of back to back wins.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #455: May 12, 2013 06:35:51 pm
      Watched it online and thought we were ok in the first but came alive in the second after abandoning the formation.  I still think we looked dodgy defensively throughout but going forward we have such options and in Coutinho we have a player who can see a killer pass a fraction ahead of anyone else...this kid is a great player and a wonderful signing.  As is the other January purchase.....Sturridge looked unplayable at times and if he was a bit selfish at one point when he could have set up a tap in, he scored a fantastic hat trick so fair play.  Going forward I think we are one of the best teams in the league and we have potent threats on both sides and through the middle. Overall a good win and if we can buy players of the same quality as in Jaunuary then next season can be very good. Slightly gutted for Shelvey when he was substituted. He made a couple of bad errors but also sprayed it about very well and he gets into very threatening shooting positions. I really hope we dont sell this player.

Just want to quickly mention the co commentator on my stream....Tony Gayle...ex west ham clogger.  His summaries were perhaps the most biased and anti Liverpool I have ever heard...and that is saying a lot.  Claimed early on that we passed it too much and lacked goals this year and penetration...just factually incorrect and lazy journalism.  Said it was a stonewall penalty against Lucas when it was hit at him from very close range and was at best 60 40.  Most pathetically claimed Coates should have been red carded for literally brushing against a dying swan in a challenge.  And then Gayle went on about it for the rest of the game in order to try and make that the story of the match and not the fact that we should have won about 8 -2.  Im going to start downloading these matches with Spanish commentary in order not to have to listen to these morons spouting their bile.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #456: May 12, 2013 06:46:58 pm
      Diarmaid Ryan ‏@dryan_lfc 3h

The Fulham stewards have confiscated flags and banners from LFC fans, including the new Luis Suarez 'Garra Charrua' one

Why like?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #457: May 12, 2013 06:52:09 pm
      Overall, I'm really happy with the three points and the second half performance. The first half was pretty dire stuff, though, and while some will say it was the fault of the formation I would disagree. Playing with 3 CBs and 2 WBs CAN work out quite nicely for us. Downing and Johnson found themselves with a good deal of room on the flanks, but our midfield in the first half was very poor. Coutinho had to collect ball on our half because midfield played too deep.

On the Berbatov goal, another cross that we're not able to deal with. Obviously, the inability to mark cost us again, but you also can't forget this: Riether was given far too much time and space to pick a cross out. This has been another of our big problems this year, and it isn't just one player, either. Johnson, Enrique, Downing, Wisdom, etc have all been guilty of it at times this season.

Second half, though, we switched back to our usual formation and we bossed the game from there on. Sturridge was both brilliant and frustrating. His ability to finish is a definite strong point of his game, and when he flicks on for teammates, it really sets us up nicely. But his decision-making is still needs some work. We could have put the game away a bit sooner had he passed, but in the end, I'm glad he got his hat-trick. He certainly deserved it and was really just about the only effective attacker we had in the first half.

We went away from home, scored three goals, broke a club record for away goals in the Premier League, and did the double over a team that beat us twice last season. Really can't complain about that. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #458: May 12, 2013 07:06:24 pm
      Jut saw the result. Sounds like Sturridge and Coutinhi were magic again.

Any youngsters get a run out?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #459: May 12, 2013 07:10:29 pm
      Jut saw the result. Sounds like Sturridge and Coutinhi were magic again.

Any youngsters get a run out?

Coady came on for a few minutes. Wisdom was on for the first half.

Quick Reply