Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Fulham 1-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match joy

Read 26879 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Fulham 1-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match joy
      Reply #460: May 12, 2013 07:15:47 pm
      Diarmaid Ryan ‏@dryan_lfc 3h

The Fulham stewards have confiscated flags and banners from LFC fans, including the new Luis Suarez 'Garra Charrua' one

Why like?

'Cos they are kill joys who eat jellied eels. 

We still had the last laugh.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #461: May 12, 2013 07:19:55 pm
      What makes me laugh is that they confiscated banners and flags yet didn't confiscate the 'fireworks' and flairs. Not saying any of those should be confiscated though. Nothing should be confiscated unless it is offensive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #462: May 12, 2013 07:34:26 pm
      Anyone have a link to the goals or highlights? Didn't get to follow this one.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #463: May 12, 2013 07:36:14 pm
      Big picture, but hey.

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #464: May 12, 2013 07:42:25 pm
      Anyone have a link to the goals or highlights? Didn't get to follow this one.

http://footyroom.com/fulham-1-3-liverpool-2013-05/
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #465: May 12, 2013 07:46:34 pm
      Awesome result

Sturridge MOTM for me, ran the show and gave Hangelaand and Hughes problems!! Coutinho a magician once again.

Only downside is Shelvey, not a good game from the lad
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #466: May 12, 2013 08:12:31 pm
      Back from the game, awful first half but excellent second. The dodgy formation in the first was a disaster, but once we went back to type we looked a good side. I loved the smoke bombs and stuff too, we were 50 yards from all that and the atmos' in the away end was electric. My little lad loved it, well done lads.

Was it true about the sniffer dogs? Heard something last night that police would have them by the ground to stop our lot bring them in!! And glad your lad enjoyed himself today.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #467: May 12, 2013 08:25:12 pm
      No.  You cannot judge a player on 12 games.  You simply cannot.  I know this is the truth because it is constantly said, over and over and over.

I don't care what I see in front of my eyes.  I refuse to judge a player based on 12 games.  It is not possible.
      Really? I'd made my mind up after his first game! Sometimes you can tell straight away that a player is special. Well in Daniel, although the 3 goals probably won't be enough to convince some people. I think he could be our top scorer next season!

Missed the game today, MOTD tonight for sure.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #468: May 12, 2013 08:25:59 pm
      Was it true about the sniffer dogs? Heard something last night that police would have them by the ground to stop our lot bring them in!! And glad your lad enjoyed himself today.

Sniffer DOG was visible when we went in, but the gadgie with it was just in a world of his own. Dog looked thoroughly unintersted too come to that, a bit like ours does when she's had the big bowl of Sunday roast leftovers. As for the confiscations of the flags, I think it was just a case of the stewards and the law thinking they had to be seen to be doing something. They led a couple of lads out as well, but got barrel-loads of verbal from the youngs fellas involved. I actually think such things add to the atmos' meself, and aside from the first loud firecracker which scared the sh!t out of me (was absolutely deafening) I thought it was great. The away fans never cease to amaze me, and in fairness Fulham is a great ground to go to cos we just take the whole end over.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #469: May 12, 2013 08:37:43 pm
      Sniffer DOG was visible when we went in, but the gadgie with it was just in a world of his own. Dog looked thoroughly unintersted too come to that, a bit like ours does when she's had the big bowl of Sunday roast leftovers. As for the confiscations of the flags, I think it was just a case of the stewards and the law thinking they had to be seen to be doing something. They led a couple of lads out as well, but got barrel-loads of verbal from the youngs fellas involved. I actually think such things add to the atmos' meself, and aside from the first loud firecracker which scared the sh!t out of me (was absolutely deafening) I thought it was great. The away fans never cease to amaze me, and in fairness Fulham is a great ground to go to cos we just take the whole end over.

Hahaha reminds me a bit of Selhurst Park every time we played Wimbledon, just taking the place over!

Glad you enjoyed yourself as well ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #470: May 12, 2013 08:52:40 pm
      Hahaha reminds me a bit of Selhurst Park every time we played Wimbledon, just taking the place over!

Glad you enjoyed yourself as well ;)

Cheers mate, was brilliant. Little fella was buzzing after, and to tell you the truth he weren't on his own!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #471: May 12, 2013 08:54:27 pm
      Carra jumped off the coach when they were leaving the ground today to get his pic taken with this banner

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #472: May 12, 2013 09:08:48 pm
      Carra jumped off the coach when they were leaving the ground today to get his pic taken with this banner

That's class, fair play
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #473: May 12, 2013 09:28:18 pm

Class banner :-)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #474: May 12, 2013 09:38:52 pm
      Submerged myself in paperwork all day so haven't seen a thing beside the most important thing the result?

Any other good performances apart from Sturridge and Coutinho? And at what level was Coutinho at in comparison to his other previous, good performances?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #475: May 12, 2013 09:52:30 pm
      Submerged myself in paperwork all day so haven't seen a thing beside the most important thing the result?

Any other good performances apart from Sturridge and Coutinho? And at what level was Coutinho at in comparison to his other previous, good performances?

Coutinho was good Dave, but I've seen him play better. That said, he has this habit of just dropping a shoulder or pinging a first time layoff which makes you go "Aw FFS did you see that? What a player". It all cumminated though in his through ball for Sturridges third goal. I only saw it there and only the once, but I'm going to SKY plus MOTD tonight just to see it again. If that's not the best little dink of the season then I'm gonna give up believing you get a better view actually at the game. It was an absolute peach, people round me were shaking their heads in wonder at it. The lads a magician.   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #476: May 12, 2013 09:56:24 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #477: May 12, 2013 10:09:11 pm
      I only saw it there and only the once, but I'm going to SKY plus MOTD tonight just to see it again.

Don't do it!!!!You'll get Man U'd.

Match Choice Sky Sports 1 now. Go, go, go!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #478: May 12, 2013 10:15:55 pm
      It looked like Liverpool fans cheered Berbatovs goal on that grainy little highlights video there. Did that happen?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #479: May 12, 2013 10:17:00 pm
      Daniel Sturridge can be infuriating at times, but the lad was a goal guarantee when we signed him.

If he keeps his head screwed on straight then he could have a very important future for us at Liverpool over the next few years.

Need to sort our defence out though - another cross conceded and trialling new systems in the 37th game of the season doesn't fill me with huge confidence.  What was that all about?

I think I posted a while ago that the only solace we could take this season would be from a 60+ pointer season.  Should be achievable that.  Also, even though we've had a few draws too many, we're on a decent(ish) unbeaten streak.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #480: May 12, 2013 10:31:12 pm

From today's match.

Do I see a Liverbird here?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #481: May 12, 2013 10:35:59 pm
      Overall, I'm really happy with the three points and the second half performance. The first half was pretty dire stuff, though, and while some will say it was the fault of the formation I would disagree. Playing with 3 CBs and 2 WBs CAN work out quite nicely for us. Downing and Johnson found themselves with a good deal of room on the flanks, but our midfield in the first half was very poor. Coutinho had to collect ball on our half because midfield played too deep.

I agree it can work, but the way we were implementing it on the 1st half was wrong. Johnson and Downing were playing on the same line as the 3 defenders, making it 5 at the back. Hendo, Shelvey and Lucas were defending too deep, and Coutinho only touched the ball if he also came deep to get it. I do think with some tweaks (and better players - Downing is no wing back), it can work for us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #482: May 12, 2013 10:38:18 pm

From today's match.

Do I see a Liverbird here?

Through all of that smoke? Doubt it.

Quick Reply