Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fulham 1-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match joy

Read 26578 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: LIVE: Fulham v Liverpool
      Reply #414: May 12, 2013 04:56:26 pm
      Terrible first half, much better second half

How frustrating is Sturridge? When the Gaffer has a word with him and sorts his 'ego' out, Daniel will be a brilliant addition to the squad. Just needs to be more of a team player

Coutinho, I think he's the most exciting player to arrive since...well, a long time. Brilliant player, brilliant ball control, and can open up a tin of beans with his foot.

I also think Borini is going to be a very good player for us as well.

Shelvey just doesn't look bothered, and he can leave any time he wants. Afraid Coates isn't up to it either, and I'm not convinced at all by Henderson

Enjoy your little success whilst you can bitters - the game is about to change
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #415: May 12, 2013 04:57:07 pm

What the hell is wrong with you people... Coutinho has played 12 games for us, TWELVE GAMES.  He's only 20 years old. 

We have no way to know if he is good or not until he plays a full season with us.

If you can, stop being a tw*t.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #416: May 12, 2013 04:57:51 pm
      Great win. Sturridge, apart from the moment of madness where he refused the square ball, was outstanding. Another two assists for the puppet master too. Well done lads.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #417: May 12, 2013 04:58:10 pm
      Let's hope somebody doesn't get the idea that the Sturridge/Coutinho partnership will suffice at the expense of Luis Suarez, stranger decisions have been made by the faceless somebody's in control.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #418: May 12, 2013 04:58:19 pm
      Magic Performance.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #419: May 12, 2013 04:58:59 pm
      Terrible first half, much better second half

How frustrating is Sturridge? When the Gaffer has a word with him and sorts his 'ego' out, Daniel will be a brilliant addition to the squad. Just needs to be more of a team player

Coutinho, I think he's the most exciting player to arrive since...well, a long time. Brilliant player, brilliant ball control, and can open up a tin of beans with his foot.

I also think Borini is going to be a very good player for us as well.

Shelvey just doesn't look bothered, and he can leave any time he wants. Afraid Coates isn't up to it either, and I'm not convinced at all by Henderson

Enjoy your little success whilst you can bitters - the game is about to change

Jordan and Shelvey will be big players for this club trust me. Coates will leave in the Summer i think.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #420: May 12, 2013 04:59:04 pm
      Sturridge and Coutinho are the only shining lights in our whole season and they're only here 3 months!
      Your username; I don't know why but I always read it as bad spazee man.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #421: May 12, 2013 04:59:26 pm
      Very good 3 points. Could have been 6
      I'm sure you only get 3 points for a win mate :)
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #422: May 12, 2013 05:00:10 pm
      Agree, first half was dire, 2nd half much, much better. Well done to Danny, took his 3 goals well, but for me Coutinho is a revelation, I love watching him, and it's frightening how good he can become if he keeps developing.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #423: May 12, 2013 05:02:30 pm
      Smoke bombs were great, mainly for how much they annoyed fire-safety officer/commentator Tony Gale.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #424: May 12, 2013 05:02:36 pm
      I'm sure you only get 3 points for a win mate :)

Goals I meant! Good spot though
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #425: May 12, 2013 05:03:00 pm
      Hearing they were 1-0 down and playing poorly I was really going to lay in to the attitude of the team yet again. If you can't be bothered turning up for a game like this, however meaningless in the grander scheme of things, don't bother turning up for next season. Glad to see they got their heads together though. Look forward to MOTD tonight. They should break past the 60 points barrier at the last point of asking next week. 61 points. Progress nearer to and possibly surpassing 70 points next season. There's no reason, judging by the second half of our season, that we shouldn't be challenging and occupy one of those top 4 spots next season. Summer's crucial though.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #426: May 12, 2013 05:03:26 pm
      Poor first half and some defensive unstability, but cleaned up 2nd half, should have had about 5 I think, Sturridge and Coutinho class! Borini looked impressive for his short time on the pitch an should have had a goal.

Anyway, Everton won so we cant now finish any higher or lower so might aswell use next week to just polish ourselves off, throw a bit of a party for Carragher (hopefully scores) and give a few chances to some young players.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #427: May 12, 2013 05:04:03 pm
      Nice victory!

First half was hard to watch - had a sh*te stream, second was good, I suppose no coincidence that it was easier watch it when we were playing better.

A few of the lads failed to impress, ie Shelvey & Downing, but Coutinho made up for them, with Sturridge grabbing the headline, he could have had 6! Should have passed when he shot and should have shot when he passed a few times. He looks like he has a point to prove alright!

Anyways... nice win for a dead rubber one!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #428: May 12, 2013 05:04:06 pm
      No.  You cannot judge a player on 12 games.  You simply cannot.  I know this is the truth because it is constantly said, over and over and over.

I don't care what I see in front of my eyes.  I refuse to judge a player based on 12 games.  It is not possible.

What about Judging Coutinho on the games he's played for both us and Inter is that good enough to form an opinion yer halfwitt ?

Some of us had heard of Coutinho and actually watched him play football long before he touched down at Anfield, Muppet..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #429: May 12, 2013 05:06:20 pm
      Goals I meant! Good spot though

I think we all knew what you meant Brian.  ;)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #430: May 12, 2013 05:06:49 pm
      Awesome again from Coutinho and Sturridge. Also encouraging from Borini upon his arrival.

We should have had atleast 5 or 6 in the end, but a nice hattrick for Sturridge will do me. Everton's win means they finish above us again. That is something we must put right next season.

Sturridge and Coutinho from the start of next season will surely make a difference to our league form. Shame the season has to end now but we can use the summer to build on the squad and hopefully have a more successful transfer window than last summer.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #431: May 12, 2013 05:07:05 pm
      Give the man a prize.... ;D

So Sturridge was poor last week, that means he's on for a hat trick today right?
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #432: May 12, 2013 05:10:15 pm
      Sturridge and Coutinho are the only shining lights in our whole season and they're only here 3 months!

Rubbish comment. How about Suarez? Agger? Johnson? Enrique? Sterling? Please!!!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #433: May 12, 2013 05:11:55 pm
      , throw a bit of a party for Carragher (hopefully scores) .

That would be cause for a party indeed. ;-)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #434: May 12, 2013 05:12:06 pm

Dyslexia can be a burdon.

What about Judging Coutinho on the games he's played for both us and Inter is that good enough to form an opinion yer halfwitt ?

Some of us had heard of Coutinho and actually watched him play football long before he touched down at Anfield, Muppet..

You're going to offend Mr Muppet Daz.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #435: May 12, 2013 05:13:09 pm
      Here is the prize.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521