Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool vs QPR | Sun May 19 | 16:00 BST

Read 7776 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Liverpool vs QPR | Sun May 19 | 16:00 BST
      May 16, 2013 05:47:13 pm
      vs

The final game of the season for the reds comes this Sunday at home to a team that will be playing Championship football next season. However, this is no ordinary game. Jamie Carragher will be playing his 737th and final game for Liverpool. There will be many tributes paid to the great man.

Prior to kick off, players from both Liverpool and QPR will create a guard of honour for Carragher, while the LED boards around the perimeter of the pitch will read 'Thanks For The Memories, Carra' and 'A True Liverpool Legend'. After a short introduction, Carra will head out onto the pitch accompanied by his two children and the Kop will be asked to hold aloft cards to create a 'JC 23' mosaic before he is presented with a gift on behalf of QPR. Ian Callaghan will join captain Steven Gerrard after the game has been concluded to say a few words, before the man himself address' the crowd.

As for the game itself, the reds are fresh off the back of a 3-1 away win at Fulham and will be eager to give the home fans a good show and no doubt all of the lads will be fired up to give Carra a good showing on his final game. A win for the reds would mean an unbeaten run of 8 games to end the season.

The previous three meetings between the sides have seen the reds win 2 and throw away a two goal advantage. Overall the reds haven't found it hard to score against QPR recently, netting 6 in those previous three encounters. With QPR haven taken just 1 point from their last five trips to Anfield, they will be fighting an uphill battle to add anymore to that tally this time around.

Team news: Steven Gerrard and Daniel Agger remain sidelined with injury having missed the 3-1 win over Fulham and look set to be joined by defender Martin Skrtel, who is struggling to overcome from illness.Martin Kelly and Joe Allen are also out with injury and Luis Suarez is suspended for the welcome of QPR to Anfield, while Raheem Sterling remains a doubt.

For QPR, Julio César and Christopher Samba both missed the 2-1 defeat to Newcastle United last weekend and are both doubts for the trip to Liverpool. Shaun Wright-Phillips is manager Harry Redknapp's only long term injury concern.

Lets end the season on a high, it's nothing more than the big man deserves.

Thanks Jamie Carragher for everything you have put into this club!

little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Liverpool vs QPR | Sun May 19 | 16:00 BST
      Reply #1: May 16, 2013 08:54:48 pm
      Gonna miss this one. A small bit of a coincidence in it as the last game I missed this year was the 1st leg against Gomel, our first game of the season!

Can't believe I'm missing Carra's last game :(
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #2: May 17, 2013 06:22:51 am
      If we get a penalty, i'd like to see Carra taking the limelight just so we can show our final appreciation by singing his name out loud in attention. On a second thought, Carra was never the limelight hugging type in his career, more like an underdog fighting spirit. Carra's qualities is not about buying it to get it, it is born and bred with love carved in it. We cannot talk about replacing it, we will have to wait for the next to evolve naturally. Thank you for everything Carra. We all dream of a team of Carraghers.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: May 17, 2013 07:21:18 am
      This is the Carra Show and it will be brilliant to make it just that.

The added benefit or playing the bottom of the table club should mean closing off the season on a high.

( Should )
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4: May 17, 2013 09:27:14 am
      We will wear our new home kit against QPR.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #5: May 17, 2013 09:29:18 am
       We'll probably win 5-0 I should think.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: May 17, 2013 09:30:52 am
      Expecting at least a 3-0 win here saying its the last game and qpr are shi**er than sh*t! Should put carra up front last 20mins or something and give him all freekicks and if we get a penalty he should take it!  ;D I will definately be putting a bet on Carra to score.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: May 17, 2013 01:08:54 pm
      Finish positive I always find that important.

First and foremost get the 3 points. Secondly put a show on for carra. Have the game won by the 70th minute throw him up front to try and bag a goal and around the 89th minute take him off to get the ovation the man has earned through his performances over the last decade.

Anfield should be bouncing Sunday
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #8: May 17, 2013 01:20:13 pm
      Lets use some of the fringe players. Carra capitan and score a penalty.

Sorted.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9: May 17, 2013 02:00:08 pm
      Reds to wear new kit v QPR

Liverpool have confirmed they will wear their new 2013-14 Warrior home kit in Sunday's Barclays Premier League final-day clash with Queens Park Rangers.

The Reds recently unveiled the new kit - which goes on sale on May 30. It is based on the iconic shirt of the 1983-84 season which was worn during the European Cup final triumph in Rome.

Now, Liverpool will give fans a taster of how they'll look next season when they sport the new strip against QPR.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-to-wear-new-kit-v-qpr
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #10: May 17, 2013 02:04:22 pm
      I really really hope we get a win. First for Carragher to finish off a landmark career, and second for us to get over 60 points for the first time since 2009-2010. That will give us a solid base to kick on from for next season.

I think I want to see the 3-5-2 again. Replace Wisdom with Skrtel (or replace Coates with Skrtel) and go with:

Reina
      Skrtel     Coates     Carragher
         Johnson                  Lucas                    Downing
      Henderson          Shelvey   
      Coutinho
      Sturridge

It's worth a shot right? And if it isn't working, you can easily go back to the 4-2-3-1 in the second half like we did last week.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #11: May 17, 2013 02:52:06 pm
      QPR relegated, our position fixed, Carra's last game

Time to let some of the kids play - Coady, Sterling, Flanno, Robinson etc -  with Carra captain for the day

Hope we get a penno and he takes it. Whatever the result, he deserves one EPIC send off by the fans
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #12: May 17, 2013 10:05:23 pm
      A good performance and a few goals in Carra's final game for the club. Think if everyone puts in a decent performance, it should be a win. Looking ahead to improved fortunes next season.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #13: May 18, 2013 04:45:25 am
      Lot of absentees for this one, but I think we still have enough quality to win it.  I think we will see BR field our strongest side available in order to send Carra out on a high.  I imagine it will look something like:

Pepe
      Johno  Wisdom  Carra  Enrique
                 Lucas    Hendo
        Downing   Coutinho   Borini
                      Sturridge

Anyone else fancy Danny for another hat trick and Cou for another handful of assists?!?!

5-0 to the mighty Reds with Carra getting the final goal!!!
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #14: May 18, 2013 06:16:49 am
      I hope we get a penalty so Carra can get a goal. I would love to see Sturridge be the guy to tell Carra to take it as it would really go a long way towards truly making him a Red in my eyes.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: May 18, 2013 10:22:31 am
      I hope we get a penalty so Carra can get a goal. I would love to see Sturridge be the guy to tell Carra to take it as it would really go a long way towards truly making him a Red in my eyes.

He has already said he definitely won't be taking a penalty if we get one. Sturridge telling Carragher to take a pen would not be the reason why he becomes this true red that you speak of.
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2013 11:06:45 am by mcarz »
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #16: May 18, 2013 11:00:55 am
      He has already said he definitely won't be taking a penalty if we get one. Sturridge telling Carragher to take a pen would be the reason why he becomes this true red that you speak of.

I hate that Sturridge dance but would be content if we see this again.

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #17: May 18, 2013 01:11:49 pm
      Very tempted to stick a tenner on Carragher anytime goalscorer. If its going to happen, has to happen tomorrow. Would be fantastic to see!
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 43 
      Reply #18: May 18, 2013 03:35:13 pm
      I'd like to see loads of changes for this but I think it will be near enough the same side as against Fulham:

Reina

Johnson
      Carragher (c)
      Skrtel
      Enrique

Shelvey
      Lucas

Downing
      Coutinho
      Borini

Sturridge

Subs; B Jones; Coates, L Jones; Coady, Henderson, Assaidi, Suso.

Hoping for a great game with loads of goals and maybe even one for Carra!

5-0 Sturridge x2, Coutinho, Shelvey and Carra (90th min pen)!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #19: May 18, 2013 04:12:34 pm
      I'd play Carragher as a striker for the second half...

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: May 18, 2013 06:03:15 pm
      I'd play Carragher as a striker for the second half...

Why?! I'd rather us get 3 points and Carragher can go out doing what he does best, contributing to a clean sheet.
      KOP_MAN_96
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #21: May 18, 2013 07:46:33 pm
      Well I'm one of the lucky people to be their! Main Stand Block MD Row 23   :aaliverpool2xt1: Really looking forward to it and think we will win 3-0 but it will be sad to see Jamie on the pitch for the last time.  :f_wah:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #22: May 18, 2013 08:40:34 pm
      Looking forward to the game.  Shame to see Carra hang up his boots without a league title next to his name, after quite a few times coming close. 

Result wise - not sure how many people are overly bothered.  This whole season has been more disappointing than last year. 

Just goes to show that nobody adds up the points at the end of the season.  It's all about trophies, trips to finals and even, and I hate to say it, finishing top 4.  Everything else is all much of a muchness.  We didn't compete for a single trophy this year whereas last year we did for two.

Anyway, let's hope Carra sticks one in tomorrow.  Their net. Not ours.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #23: May 18, 2013 08:43:39 pm
                Reina
      Johnson  Skrtel   Carra    Enrique

Lucas      Shelvey
                            Hendo
      Coutinho        Sturridge        Borini
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #24: May 18, 2013 09:18:40 pm

It's all about trophies, trips to finals and even, and I hate to say it, finishing top 4.  Everything else is all much of a muchness.

What is this everything else?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: May 19, 2013 12:11:11 am
      Jamie Carragher's last game for Liverpool Football Club, wow, I cant quite believe it, It will be a day of mixed emotions and I'm proud to say I'll be there on the Kop cheering the lads on yet again, hoping obviously for a decent win but as there's nothing at stake apart from pride, I hope the Kop are in party atmosphere for what should be a day to remember for Mr James Carragher  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #26: May 19, 2013 02:29:07 am
      Quote from JD
      Looking forward to the game.  Result wise - not sure how many people are overly bothered.  This whole season has been more disappointing than last year. 

Just goes to show that nobody adds up the points at the end of the season.  It's all about trophies, trips to finals and even, and I hate to say it, finishing top 4.  Everything else is all much of a muchness.  We didn't compete for a single trophy this year whereas last year we did for two.

Anyway, let's hope Carra sticks one in tomorrow.  Their net. Not ours.

Well I'll be there for my first home game in well over 6 years, so I am bothered by the result. I love playing the last game at home, it's a luxury we rarely have, and this one would have been a gift if we had something more to play for than improving the goal difference. Surely playing the last game at home to the bottom side already relegated, is as sure a 3 points as we can hope for, though if we are well clear by the hour mark, the game could basically dissolve into a end-of-year training session.

I was there for JC's first home game, so happy to be there for his last. As for getting a penalty, giving it to JC will be the easy task. With his strike rate over the years though, actually scoring it may be more of a challenge than it looks. ;)

1-0, 3-0, 5-0, whatever, any win will do. The season's inquiries will last all summer.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #27: May 19, 2013 04:39:58 am
      I want to see our available best 11 with Carragher captain. I think everyone of our squad will love to play with Carra for his final game and we must win this game for him (and we LFC always looking to win every game, that's us).
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #28: May 19, 2013 10:26:33 am
      Heading off for Liverpool now, going to be an emotional day!

COME ON YOU REDS!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: May 19, 2013 10:39:34 am
      QPR have scored only one goal in their last 455 minutes of Premier League football and that was a pen.

JC   Real Hero .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30: May 19, 2013 11:18:21 am
      QPR are pure, unadulterated, sh*te. We'll tank them if we show any commitment and intensity at all.

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #31: May 19, 2013 11:29:54 am
      Jordan Ibe will make his debut today. Don't know if it's as a starter or from the bench. Either way he deserves it!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #32: May 19, 2013 11:40:26 am
      All about Jamie Carragher for me this one.

Lets send him off with a good, solid win.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #33: May 19, 2013 12:50:33 pm
      Why?! I'd rather us get 3 points and Carragher can go out doing what he does best, contributing to a clean sheet.

That's your assumption that we won't already be winning by the 2nd Half, or able to win with him up front.

I'd say we can do both, and I'd like him on the score sheet.

Today is his game. Let's have some fun with it.  I'm sure he will.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: May 19, 2013 01:04:42 pm
      That's your assumption that we won't already be winning by the 2nd Half, or able to win with him up front.

I'd say we can do both, and I'd like him on the score sheet.

Today is his game. Let's have some fun with it.  I'm sure he will.

Where did I say that we won't be winning by half time? Stop putting words into my mouth and take the time to read my post properly! Yes it'd be great for Carragher to get a goal but it's massively disrespectful to QPR to think we can take the piss and afford to play a centre back as a striker.

Carragher will want to win far more than he would want to score so he will have fun keeping a clean sheet, winning and leaving the goals to Coutinho and Sturridge.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #35: May 19, 2013 01:18:26 pm
      Not putting words in your mouth.

I said I'd play Carragher up front 2nd half, and you replied "I'd rather us get 3 points...".
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: May 19, 2013 02:01:36 pm
      Not putting words in your mouth.

I said I'd play Carragher up front 2nd half, and you replied "I'd rather us get 3 points...".

And like I said, where in that did I say we won't be winning at half time? We could be winning 1-0 at half time but still be struggling therefore putting Carragher upfront in the second half could cost us the points. So yes you are putting words into my mouth, go mix up somebody else's words you're boring me.
      TyrannaSuarezRex
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #37: May 19, 2013 02:14:38 pm
      A nice thumping victory to end the season on a high will be great today!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38: May 19, 2013 02:18:42 pm
      Carra's last game and I'm missing it due to work.

Hope we get a win to end the season on a high and a couple of the young lads get a run out.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: May 19, 2013 02:37:42 pm
      Apparently the team news is 'quite interesting'
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #40: May 19, 2013 02:47:31 pm
      Apparently the team news is 'quite interesting'

A team of Carraghers perhaps?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #41: May 19, 2013 02:49:01 pm
      Reina, Johnson, Legend, Skrtel, Enrique, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Well - apparently...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #42: May 19, 2013 02:51:35 pm
      Reina, Johnson, Legend, Skrtel, Enrique, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Well - apparently...

Not that interesting then.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #43: May 19, 2013 02:53:57 pm
       Haha I'm sitting there thinking "who the f*ck is Legend?", some kid I've never heard of  :lmao:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #44: May 19, 2013 02:54:30 pm
       I was actually hoping we might see Borini in place of Downing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45: May 19, 2013 02:55:08 pm
      I was actually hoping we might see Borini in place of Downing.

So was I.

Nothing interesting about that line up.

Unless it's the subs.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #46: May 19, 2013 02:56:20 pm
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #47: May 19, 2013 02:57:18 pm
      Haha I'm sitting there thinking "who the f*ck is Legend?", some kid I've never heard of  :lmao:

Haha - thats classic!

If thats the team...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #48: May 19, 2013 02:57:20 pm
      Just seen that.

Interesting!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #49: May 19, 2013 02:57:53 pm
      Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Downing, Ibe, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Ibe in apparently?! This is the official team?!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #50: May 19, 2013 02:59:51 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #51: May 19, 2013 03:02:28 pm