Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In game & post match discussion.

Read 26292 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs QPR
      Reply #207: May 19, 2013 06:04:07 pm
      This was totally an end of season game. Both teams looked a little heavy-legged and a bit out of it. Coutinho was absolutely brilliant, Ibe looks VERY promising, and Glen had a really good performance as well. I also think Lucas and Henderson did a solid job in midfield.

But Jamie Carragher though. How good was he today?! When QPR looked halfway decent in the second half, there was one player making excellent tackles to break up any attacks: It was Jamie Carragher. He damn near scored on our best goals of the season too! A perfect send off for him with a clean sheet.

Oh and how about this for irony: Coutinho's goal came in the 23rd minute. SPOOKY!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #208: May 19, 2013 06:06:00 pm
      well done Jamie a clean sheet was a must today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #209: May 19, 2013 06:07:31 pm
      Nice result and performance to end a very interesting season indeed! 61 points - we can push on next season I am sure. I have a lot of hope for the future. Youth, vibrancy, good football. It's a good basis to build on for next season.

Lovely match to watch and the Anfield crowd were fantastic for Carra's last day.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #210: May 19, 2013 06:16:25 pm
      Goal scored in minute 23!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #211: May 19, 2013 06:20:33 pm
      It's a good basis to build on for next season.

Without a doubt.

Just keep building, adding to the foundations and strengthening. As the season went on, players, in their second season here, became integral to Brendan's plans and their contribution shouldn't be overlooked. If the same thing happens next time round [Allen, Borini and Assaidi] we'll have a squad more than capable of mounting a challenge.  :nod:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #212: May 19, 2013 06:25:43 pm
      Without a doubt.

Just keep building, adding to the foundations and strengthening. As the season went on, players, in their second season here, became integral to Brendan's plans and their contribution shouldn't be overlooked. If the same thing happens next time round [Allen, Borini and Assaidi] we'll have a squad more than capable of mounting a challenge.  :nod:

A few too many people got upset when the likes of Kuyt and Rodriguez left. Which completely missed the point in that it gave opportunities it gave to the likes of Suso, Sterling and today Ibe.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #213: May 19, 2013 06:27:18 pm
      The key now is to not let go of any of our best players because its at these sort of times in the last few years when we start feeling optimistic that we get kicked in the balls and one of our better players leaves.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #214: May 19, 2013 06:30:32 pm
      Coutinho scored in the 23rd minute aswell, brilliant stuff!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #215: May 19, 2013 06:30:47 pm
      The key now is to not let go of any of our best players because its at these sort of times in the last few years when we start feeling optimistic that we get kicked in the balls and one of our better players leaves.

I think the supporters need to make up their minds.  Which is more important: keeping our best players, or sitting around crossing our fingers that the poor players come good?  why would Suarez leave?  well, because we don't have CL, we finished 7th, etc.  Well, why did we finish 7th?  not his fault, he had one of his best seasons ever.  So it must be the rest of the team.  You want to sit around relying on Allen and Henderson and Downing hoping they come good, while also demanding that our best players not leave, because they should somehow wait for the other sh*te players to come good as well.

I say we prioritize the quality we have, Suarez, Coutinho, Johnson etc, and focus on THEM and building a winning team around THEM, instead of making the development of sh*te players more important than keeping our best players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #216: May 19, 2013 06:33:34 pm
      I think the supporters need to make up their minds.  Which is more important: keeping our best players, or sitting around crossing our fingers that the poor players come good?  why would Suarez leave?  well, because we don't have CL, we finished 7th, etc.  Well, why did we finish 7th?  not his fault, he had one of his best seasons ever.  So it must be the rest of the team.  You want to sit around relying on Allen and Henderson and Downing hoping they come good, while also demanding that our best players not leave, because they should somehow wait for the other sh*te players to come good as well.

I say we prioritize the quality we have, Suarez, Coutinho, Johnson etc, and focus on THEM and building a winning team around THEM, instead of making the development of sh*te players more important than keeping our best players.

Mate I am f**king tired of you creating divisions and chasms between fans by pointing fingers at those who want to support and back ALL the players as we all should. What sort of Liverpool fan spends their lifetime criticising the players day in day out? Simmer down and get your head sorted out and be a valued Liverpool fan for once.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In game & post match discussion.
      Reply #217: May 19, 2013 06:36:10 pm

Oh deary me
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #218: May 19, 2013 06:41:12 pm
      Mate I am f**king tired of you creating divisions and chasms between fans by pointing fingers at those who want to support and back ALL the players as we all should. What sort of Liverpool fan spends their lifetime criticising the players day in day out? Simmer down and get your head sorted out and be a valued Liverpool fan for once.

Well, I support Liverpool Football Club and its success.  Rodgers has gone on the record stating that top 4 is a concrete target next season.  I'm not going to name names but if you really support the CLUB then you have to look at our squad and ask yourself: which of these players would make it into a current top four team, and which of these players are going to pull their weight to make top four happen?  I think that if you take a good long hard look in the mirror you'll realize that there are a lot of players who really are not up to the task to take us to the top four, not even coming off the bench. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #219: May 19, 2013 06:42:58 pm
      A few too many people got upset when the likes of Kuyt and Rodriguez left. Which completely missed the point in that it gave opportunities it gave to the likes of Suso, Sterling and today Ibe.

Indeed and when Brendan was willing and able to play the senior players [those who were left], without relying on the kids; the team prospered, results improved and the lads you mention were able to be blooded/integrated right... slowly and steadily.

Sometimes things have a weird way of just working out... given time.  8)
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #220: May 19, 2013 06:43:24 pm
      Nice way to end the season.

Cant believe that shot hit the post!  >:(
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #221: May 19, 2013 06:56:54 pm
      Well, I support Liverpool Football Club and its success.  Rodgers has gone on the record stating that top 4 is a concrete target next season.  I'm not going to name names but if you really support the CLUB then you have to look at our squad and ask yourself: which of these players would make it into a current top four team, and which of these players are going to pull their weight to make top four happen?  I think that if you take a good long hard look in the mirror you'll realize that there are a lot of players who really are not up to the task to take us to the top four, not even coming off the bench. 
      Tell you what Federer,I must agree with you on this, and we have to do well in this summers transfer market.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #222: May 19, 2013 07:14:32 pm
      Tell you what Federer,I must agree with you on this, and we have to do well in this summers transfer market.

Let's agree, for the purpose of grown up debate, you are right -1: There are a number (what; 5, 6, 7, 8?) of players, who wouldn't make it into a current top four team and 2: We want to compete so there is no place for those players.

How many players do you reckon we will need to sign this Summer? Remembering, of course, that not all players will hit the ground running.

Oh and to be fair there are a quite a few, of the top four squad players, who wouldn't get a start for us.  8)

FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #223: May 19, 2013 07:20:24 pm
      Thanks to the players they did the best they can.But
       my heart is paining ....we finish in the 7 spot behind
      Everton again.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #224: May 19, 2013 07:22:23 pm
      Let's agree, for the purpose of grown up debate, you are right -1: There are a number (what; 5, 6, 7, 8?) of players, who wouldn't make it into a current top four team and 2: We want to compete so there is no place for those players.

How many players do you reckon we will need to sign this Summer? Remembering, of course, that not all players will hit the ground running.

Oh and to be fair there are a quite a few, of the top four squad players, who wouldn't get a start for us.  8)

Fair point mate, I reckon at least three quality players needed to be added for next season to make the top four, but who wants the top four, I want to be 1st.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #225: May 19, 2013 07:33:34 pm

As AlexLFC95 pointed out he is not a blonde, he is in fact a c**t.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #226: May 19, 2013 07:35:50 pm

Best case scenario we would get about 5 new players.

At an absolute bare minimum, we need three.

1) a new CB, to pair with Agger (ideally 2 CBs)

2) a DM to give Lucas some competition, he was poor most of this year and needs someone to compete

3) another striker, we're going to be without Suarez for 6 games, and on top of that Sturridge has proven he can be brilliant, but NOT proven he can be brilliant consistently, Borini hasn't proven anything yet, so we absolutely need another striker to come in

those would be the three minimums for me.

I think we also need an quality #10, i.e., Eriksen.

And another LB to give Enrique competition.

If we bring quality in at all those positions top four would be a serious possibility IMO.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #227: May 19, 2013 07:35:57 pm
      I reckon at least three quality players needed to be added for next season

Agree on the "to be added" bit Gareth but that's a lot different from getting rid of players because they wouldn't get into a current top four team.  :-\

You build a squad up not gut it season on season. Like it or not, the players deemed, by many, as flops last season, played an important part in the improvement shown, from Christmas on, this time round. If some had have had their way those lads would have been sent packing... we should learn from that.

Rebuilding year on year (which, let's face it, is what you do when you are replacing so many) is F***ing suicidal. You build on what you have. Three or four "additions" is doing just that; three or four replacements isn't.

The future is bright if we build on what we have.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #228: May 19, 2013 07:44:18 pm
      Agree on the "to be added" bit Gareth but that's a lot different from getting rid of players because they wouldn't get into a current top four team.  :-\

You build a squad up not gut it season on season. Like it or not, the players deemed, by many, as flops last season, played an important part in the improvement shown, from Christmas on, this time round. If some had have had their way those lads would have been sent packing... we should learn from that.

Rebuilding year on year (which, let's face it, is what you do when you are replacing so many) is f**king suicidal. You build on what you have. Three or four "additions" is doing just that; three or four replacements isn't.

The future is bright if we build on what we have.
      The bigest problem mate is our owners, they don't grasp the football side of things, if you get my drift.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #229: May 19, 2013 07:44:56 pm
      Well aren't you a dark cloud! We didn't have a good enough team to win the champions league either, but we still did it! Anything is possible in football, Top 4 is a realistic target for us.

Quick Reply