Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Andy Carroll (-> West Ham)

Read 25541 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Andy Carroll (-> West Ham)
      Reply #184: Jun 18, 2013 05:22:04 pm
      EX Hammers Magazine ‏@EXHammers  44m 
      We're paying £15.5m + £2m extras + £31.2m wages over 6 yrs = £48.7m total for someone who scored 7 last season. And no one else wanted him!

Think you're hard done to? Throw another £20 million nicker on it and then come back.

And he was injured!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,499 posts | 8678 
      Reply #185: Jun 18, 2013 05:24:22 pm
      EX Hammers Magazine ‏@EXHammers  44m 
      We're paying £15.5m + £2m extras + £31.2m wages over 6 yrs = £48.7m total for someone who scored 7 last season. And no one else wanted him!

Think you're hard done to? Throw another £20 million nicker on it and then come back.

And he was injured!!

One of the things that done my head in at the time of his signing was the fact he was still injured, would of preferred us to have waited until the summer and then if we were still interested, gone for him then!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #186: Jun 18, 2013 05:57:17 pm
      @DavidGoldWHU 1m
      Andy Carroll is having his medical tomorrow.

So much for your Sky Sources.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #187: Jun 18, 2013 06:54:43 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #188: Jun 18, 2013 07:04:31 pm
      Remember this .... ?

Toon chief: Carroll is worth 'f*** all'

Published 22:59 12/11/11 By Brian McNally

Derek Llambias, the man who brokered the deal that made Andy Carroll the most expensive Englishman in football history, has sensationally claimed: “He’s worth f*** all!”

The Toon MD’s disparaging verdict on England striker Carroll (below) came when he was giving a group of Newcastle fans an insight into the £35million deal that took the England striker to Liverpool in January.

Llambias insists that Newcastle got the better of the deal.

The Anfield club’s first bid was £30m and Llambias told the fans:

“I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.”

When one supporter asked him
      “Is he worth £30m?”
      Llambias responded: “No — he’s worth f*** all.”
      He then explains that after rejecting the £30m offer, Newcastle refused to sell even for £35m unless Liverpool paid the entire fee up front.

A move that forced Liverpool to ask Chelsea to increase their first instalment of the £50m they had already agreed to pay for Fernando Torres!

Llambias explained: “It is about control.

“We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.

“We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate.

“So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

“£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed.

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years.
      It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-worth-f-all-claims-Newcastle-MD-Derek-Llambias-article829815.html

and to have our noses rubbed in it.

We'll put another f**king 6 past em this coming season as well.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #189: Jun 18, 2013 07:07:05 pm
      10 or 20 years ago we wouldn't have even signed the donkey in the first place.

Admit it he is sh*te, for a big lad he doesn't use his height or strength as much as he should and as others have said how the F**k can he be a danger when he spends half the time standing on the edge of the box.

Very true, aside from his goal against City he didnt get into a dangerous area enough. Before he joined us he was a lot more dangerous and his position was better, especially when he was playing well. My point was that he hasent had a good run of games for us, and that we would have played to his strengths. Football has changed in the past decade, he was - or could have been a throwback. He could do well at a club that plays to his strengths.

Personally, I would rather us play the Liverpool way and he dosent fit...
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #190: Jun 18, 2013 07:20:42 pm
       IMO next year there will be at least 5 games where a player like Carroll would of made the difference between us, drawing rather than losing, winning instead of drawing.

I love beautiful football. I call it pass and move, BR calls it tiki taka, but to win the EPL you need players with Carroll attributes, specifically if you dont have the finances of Chelsea, Man City and Man U.

I am not saying he is worth £35 million, but he would be an asset to our squad. When I look at our squad IMO he is worth more than the £17.5  million we are going to get.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #191: Jun 18, 2013 07:25:07 pm

and to have our noses rubbed in it.

We'll put another f**king 6 past em this coming season as well.

I hope so - sounds like a proper back room deal there, where they must have been laughing. Still, Championship for them - that would be worth 35Million for me!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #192: Jun 18, 2013 09:24:37 pm
      Goodbye Andy and thank you. Thank you for not once moaning during your time here, for getting your head down and working hard. Thank you for leaving with dignity, thank you for not whinging to the press when things weren't going your way.

What's sad is that we never got to see the real Andy Carroll, just glimpses of what he was capable of. The change of manager put an end to that. I'm not having a go at Brendan for letting him go, he has belief in his convictions that Andy has no place in his tactical system and i back Brendan on that front.

I just hope that half way through next Season we're not talking about why we still can't break down the bus parkers.

Good luck for the future big man, hopefully you can move on from West Ham after next Season where a team can really develop you as i doubt Fat Sam has another option other than hoof it long.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #193: Jun 18, 2013 09:59:45 pm
      Goodbye Andy and thank you. Thank you for not once moaning during your time here, for getting your head down and working hard. Thank you for leaving with dignity, thank you for not whinging to the press when things weren't going your way.

What's sad is that we never got to see the real Andy Carroll, just glimpses of what he was capable of. The change of manager put an end to that. I'm not having a go at Brendan for letting him go, he has belief in his convictions that Andy has no place in his tactical system and i back Brendan on that front.

I just hope that half way through next Season we're not talking about why we still can't break down the bus parkers.

Good luck for the future big man, hopefully you can move on from West Ham after next Season where a team can really develop you as i doubt Fat Sam has another option other than hoof it long.

This all day long. May not have suited Brendan but there's goals in the lad if you play to his strengths.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #194: Jun 18, 2013 10:19:49 pm
      Through no fault of his own, his stay at Anfield just hasn't worked out.  Injury and the change of manager made him a square peg and it's best both sides move on.  He seems like a good guy and he never spoke out publicly despite his frustrating situation.  Best of luck big Andy.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #195: Jun 18, 2013 10:24:15 pm

Really?

Bye bye Andy Carroll.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #196: Jun 18, 2013 10:27:35 pm
      Through no fault of his own, his stay at Anfield just hasn't worked out.  Injury and the change of manager made him a square peg and it's best both sides move on.  He seems like a good guy and he never spoke out publicly despite his frustrating situation.  Best of luck big Andy.

Through "no fault of his own"?  what short memories some have.  I suppose it wasn't his fault when he never made runs into the box when our midfielders had a pass on, or the rest of the time when he just planted himself somewhere without moving and then whined that Johnson or Downing didn't airmail the cross in from fifty yards away, or the time he chose to dive in the box when he was one-on-one with Krul at Newcastle,  or when he cursed out Kenny when he subbed him in the same game.

No, none of that was his fault.  He's just an innocent victim.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #197: Jun 18, 2013 10:32:03 pm

+1

Thank you Carroll and good luck.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #198: Jun 18, 2013 10:35:02 pm
      @DavidGoldWHU 19m
      We managed to bring Andy's medical forward to this evening and I am delighted to informed you that he has passed with flying colours
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #199: Jun 18, 2013 10:38:54 pm

He didn't ask us to pay $35M for him did he?  He played to the level of his abilities, but we expected much more for the money we forked out.  I personally never questioned his effort.  Skill, well that's a whole other matter.  He just wasn't what we had hoped he'd be for us.  Fair enough if you disagree.  All the same, it's good that both he and LFC are moving on.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #200: Jun 18, 2013 10:39:49 pm
      Brilliant news, delighted.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #201: Jun 18, 2013 10:46:44 pm
      Good Riddance.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #202: Jun 18, 2013 10:46:55 pm
      we only overpaid because he wasnt the player we thought he was. It's not his fault per se, but it's made him a very rich man and he still gets to play in the premiership every week....

Thanks for trying andy, shame it didnt work out - Good luck at west ham
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #203: Jun 18, 2013 11:01:06 pm
      Just remembered when after he got subbed against the toon he stormed down the tunnel and threw off his Liverpool shirt.
      That was a terrible moment for him.
      Know it must have been a massively pressurized game with him going back to up there but he was bloody awful and deserved to be taken off.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #204: Jun 18, 2013 11:34:37 pm

It's a great feeling reading a post of a fellow red that makes you just want to take your hat off and congratulate them. Fantastic post mate, +1.

I wish Andy all the best. He never complained, despite being baraged with pressure and a abuse from our fellow fans. The fee we paid for him hasn't helped the case. It's disappointing we won't see the true qualities of Andy but I respect him for his effort. He also played a massive role in one of the best days of my life, scoring to beat the Blues at Wembley.

I wish him the best of luck, I really do. I am happy that it appears to be done and both parties can move on. However, he'll have a point to prove and I am confident he will do so successfully. Lets hope it isn't at Anfield though.

Best of luck Andy!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #205: Jun 18, 2013 11:38:07 pm
      I personally never questioned his effort.

I did.
      Oh well, glad he's gone (apparently).
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #206: Jun 18, 2013 11:39:10 pm
      Just remembered when after he got subbed against the toon he stormed down the tunnel and threw off his Liverpool shirt.
      That was a terrible moment for him.
      Know it must have been a massively pressurized game with him going back to up there but he was bloody awful and deserved to be taken off.

I was pissed at him for that ridiculous dive. He went round Krul and had an open goal and he dived...

Quick Reply