Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Kolo Touré Player Thread (Released)

Read 68119 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Kolo Touré Player Thread
      Reply #23: May 28, 2013 09:04:03 pm
      A sensible signing he is , lets hope he gives it his all and doesn't sit on his hole because he is Kolo Toure .
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #24: May 28, 2013 09:04:54 pm
      good deal...rumour is he's on 60k a week.
      Not bad at all if true .
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #25: May 28, 2013 09:20:50 pm
      Prior warning...the following sentence may hold more than a hint of sarcasm - oh whoopty F***ing do, I really can't control my excitement for this signing.

He was ok at Arsenal, sh*t at City and can't exactly see him pulling up any trees here.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #26: May 28, 2013 09:22:42 pm
      The obligatory "Welcome to Liverpool" YouTube video:

Kolo Toure - Welcome to Liverpool - HD
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27: May 28, 2013 09:29:42 pm
      Prior warning...the following sentence may hold more than a hint of sarcasm - oh whoopty F***ing do, I really can't control my excitement for this signing.

He was ok at Arsenal, sh*t at City and can't exactly see him pulling up any trees here.

He was boss at Arsenal. The main man at the back in their 'invincible' season. Still a long while ago now that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: May 28, 2013 09:32:56 pm
      Whether he is as good as he used to be we will have to wait and see! He struggled at City a bit but then again he was constantly in and out of the team under Mancini. A key point about this though is that he will add some much needed strength to the defence, not often he gets muscled out of a challenge. Hope he does well, course I do like everyone else does but if it doesn't work out then at least he was a free transfer but hopefully it will work out as an absolute steal and really help the youngsters that are at the club and may yet be signed gel into the team properly.

Also, he has hell of a shot on him!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #29: May 28, 2013 09:33:08 pm
      good deal...rumour is he's on 60k a week.

Depends which rumour, I've heard £70,000.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30: May 28, 2013 09:52:12 pm
      Welcome to the Reds Kolo.

I'll admit to being left a bit confused at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out where Kolo fits, or more accurately, what exactly is the "profile" a player "must fit" before 'we' sign him.

To be honest I've thought of him more of a star on the wane in recent seasons but that might have been down to his off-field Terry(esque) antics and maybe this move will invigorate him. The thing is; quite a few of our transfer committee have seen him up close and they'd have a much better handle on both Kolo and "the profile" than me so, I guess, it's better I trust their judgement on this.

He'll be the first of many signings (IMO) this Summer: maybe his place in the scheme of things will become clearer as the window develops.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #31: May 28, 2013 09:52:19 pm
      Welcome Kolo son - time to get back into your football and understand the joy of playing for a really big club.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #32: May 28, 2013 09:58:55 pm
      For a 32 year old he is still rather quick! I think we pulled off a good signing and he still has 2 or 3 years at top level left in him. Plus he is filled with experience and I'm glad we got another leader on the field

Welcome to the club Kolo!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #33: May 28, 2013 10:06:18 pm
        Might be wrong,but I don't think he will be coming here to sit on our bench.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Could be, first we need to see the other defender that will sign too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34: May 28, 2013 10:07:20 pm
      For a 32 year old he is still rather quick!

Aye, Bellamy was still pacy when we re-signed him from City too.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #35: May 28, 2013 10:20:34 pm
      Welcome Kolo!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: May 28, 2013 10:28:24 pm
      Ready made squad player, he'll certainly add something to the squad if not the first XI.

Welcome to the club Kolo.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #37: May 28, 2013 10:43:37 pm
      Whether he is as good as he used to be we will have to wait and see! He struggled at City a bit but then again he was constantly in and out of the team under Mancini. A key point about this though is that he will add some much needed strength to the defence, not often he gets muscled out of a challenge. Hope he does well, course I do like everyone else does but if it doesn't work out then at least he was a free transfer but hopefully it will work out as an absolute steal and really help the youngsters that are at the club and may yet be signed gel into the team properly.

Also, he has hell of a shot on him!

To be fair that whole team struggled under Mancini this year :D Think fresh pastures and the red will get him going again!

Pretty happy with it. Experienced head like this on a free? Good business. And if he is on 60-70k a week, then even better.

Welcome Kolo!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #38: May 28, 2013 10:46:05 pm
      Experienced player to add to the squad in Carra's absence.

Not sure why some of you are so worried about his wages as FSG have proved they will not pay more than they think a player is worth and that fits into their structure.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39: May 28, 2013 10:47:04 pm
      The signing makes quite a bit of sense when you look at it. We've just lost a ton of experience in Carra so Kolo will help lessen the loss of that. He's played in England pretty much his whole career so he knows the league well and he has got big club experience and played in teams that have won a few trophies. I haven't seen enough of him to rerally judge the lad's form or current physical condition. He was used to playing in a high line in his days at Arsenal and is noit bad with the ball on the deck, both pre-requisites in Rodgers system. I figure our first choice CBs will be Agger plus the young Greek lad we are apparentrly chasing so Toure will likely be in as a squad player. It also sounds like he isn't on stupid wages a'la Joe Cole and given the position he plays, i'll bet he isn't shot to pieces like Cole was/is at this level.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #40: May 28, 2013 10:50:29 pm
      Welcome to the club Kolo.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #41: May 28, 2013 10:52:05 pm
      Experienced player to add to the squad in Carra's absence.

Not sure why some of you are so worried about his wages as FSG have proved they will not pay more than they think a player is worth and that fits into their structure.

Not so much worried as intrigued mate. My belief is that FSG will use Carra's retirement as another cost cutting exercise with:

Carra £100k+ gone
      Skrtel £70k (guess) replaced with Papa for around the same
      Coates sold £40k (guess) replaced with Kolo £60k / £70k reported

Therefore we're approximately £70k a week better off (now ignore my assumptions, they're not going to be so vastly wrong to change the point). When will we actually benefit from these savings? At the moment it feels a bit too much like a company setting itself up for a sale and I'm not comfortable with it.

The phrase pay peanuts and you get monkeys, while crude, does have some basis in foundation and we're continually cutting and only Luis seems to have been rewarded.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #42: May 28, 2013 11:01:44 pm
      I agree with you Luke but judging from some posts people are worried we will pay him too much and that wont be the case under FSG.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #43: May 28, 2013 11:08:00 pm
      Im not sure if it's already been mentioned or not but i would be very interested to know what sort of wage package he is on. Surely it cant be near his 90k a week hes on at city.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #44: May 28, 2013 11:17:59 pm
      Welcome and good luck Kolo.

Surely we will now be getting rid of Skrtel or Coates or both.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #45: May 28, 2013 11:33:58 pm
      Good luck Kolo.

Just seen this pic on twitter photo-shopped from the Toure shower pic that has had me pissing myself:

:lmao:

Quick Reply