Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kolo Touré Player Thread (Released)

Read 69799 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Re: Kolo Touré Player Thread
      Reply #483: Mar 14, 2015 04:28:39 am
      At this moment of time in my opinion Toure should be heading for a 1 year extension.  With the age he is at may as well see the remaining few months before making the decision.   But we are losing experience we have some very good young players that are going get better and better.  Experience in the squad is something we need in the squad with Gerrard and Johnson going.   A person like Kolo is valuable in the dressing room alone.  Passing his experiences to youngsters. 

If we get top 4 it is a no brainer for me.  Though I would keep him regardless.  He's had his best season for us.  There is another season in him for the squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #484: Mar 15, 2015 12:01:50 am

The guys a bag of nerves most of the time, probably the most jittery player at LFC and then hilariously after making an error he will go around telling everyone to calm down   :lmao:

He is certainly a character  ;D

Ha I noticed that against Blackburn actually. He played a piss poor pass out to Markovic I think it was, as soon as he came on, went nowhere near the lad and straight out of play and then it looks like he is trying to compose Markovic and encourage him.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #485: Apr 07, 2015 08:56:09 am
      Jim Boardman @JimBoardman  ·  Been told a couple of senior LFC players tore strips off the boss after Saturday's defeat, after he'd "had a go" at Kolo.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #486: Apr 07, 2015 11:11:01 am
      Jim Boardman @JimBoardman  ·  Been told a couple of senior LFC players tore strips off the boss after Saturday's defeat, after he'd "had a go" at Kolo.

Jim writes for the Mirror as well so maybe there is a grain of truth in that story.

Judging by comments on here and the highlights I think the boss may have been within his rights to have a go at Kolo though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #487: Apr 07, 2015 11:49:22 am
      Jim writes for the Mirror as well so maybe there is a grain of truth in that story.

Judging by comments on here and the highlights I think the boss may have been within his rights to have a go at Kolo though.

Good lad is Kolo unfortunately he is now well passed his best, should never have been picked ahead of Lovren on Saturday.

As for the Mirror report, that guys the biggest United fan going.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #488: Apr 07, 2015 11:52:11 am
      Good lad is Kolo unfortunately he is now well passed his best, should never have been picked ahead of Lovren on Saturday.

As for the Mirror report, that guys the biggest United fan going.

Jim Boardman is a red mate and a regular on The Anfield Wrap.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #489: Apr 07, 2015 11:54:47 am
      Jim Boardman is a red mate and a regular on The Anfield Wrap.

Whoops my error, I was thinking of another report I think it was the one about Raheem in the mirror.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #490: Apr 07, 2015 12:03:39 pm

I cant say if Brendan was right or not. Im just worried, if Jim isnt making it up, that this stuff will damage relationships in the group, affecting our campaign esp. the FA Cup. It might also kick-start a turbulent summer ahead instead of stability and continuity we need.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #491: Apr 15, 2015 03:59:40 pm
      100% would give him a 1yr extension as we dont need a new CB we need experiance and leadership, Skrtel is solid and seems to have not made any of them daft errors this yr,but has not scored as much or came close like he did last season. Lovren needs confidence and some words of advice something kolo can help with.
      Ilori is coming into the side after an impressive loan spell apart from his little injury and if we are playing 3 at the back we can utilise CAN as and when we need to.
      give him a year but tell him its more coaching role  to help Sakho,Lovren and ilori come on even more.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #492: May 16, 2015 02:08:51 pm
      100% would give him a 1yr extension as we dont need a new CB we need experiance and leadership, Skrtel is solid and seems to have not made any of them daft errors this yr,but has not scored as much or came close like he did last season. Lovren needs confidence and some words of advice something kolo can help with.
      Ilori is coming into the side after an impressive loan spell apart from his little injury and if we are playing 3 at the back we can utilise CAN as and when we need to.
      give him a year but tell him its more coaching role  to help Sakho,Lovren and ilori come on even more.

A player/coaching role would be a great route to go down if that interests Toure.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #493: May 16, 2015 08:56:53 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if he goes to Inter with Yaya. He could do a job in Serie A.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #494: May 18, 2015 08:52:18 pm
      Agree.

Kolo is a handy player to have about.

I second that. You wouldn't want him at the back for a run because he is prone to the odd howler. But experience is crucial and his is second to none. He's won stuff and now Stevie has gone, who else in the squad can say that?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #495: May 18, 2015 09:14:40 pm
      I second that. You wouldn't want him at the back for a run because he is prone to the odd howler. But experience is crucial and his is second to none. He's won stuff and now Stevie has gone, who else in the squad can say that?

Sturridge

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #496: May 19, 2015 08:20:24 pm

Balotelli .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #497: May 19, 2015 10:16:23 pm
      I wouldn't rush Kolo out the door yet.

Has done a job at times and made less mistakes that many more expensive defenders.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #498: May 19, 2015 10:19:32 pm
      I wouldn't rush Kolo out the door yet.

Has done a job at times and made less mistakes that many more expensive defenders.

Kind of agree but only if its as a back up role and we actually bring in far far better CB or see if our current lot can finally show some consistency.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #499: May 26, 2015 01:18:18 pm
      for the life of me I can see no reason to give him a 3rd year here
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #500: May 26, 2015 01:41:22 pm

Well he's certainly experienced and I'm guessing a bit of a leader in the locker room. I suppose we can use all of that we can get.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #501: May 26, 2015 06:08:45 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #502: May 26, 2015 07:57:08 pm
      Well that's the defence sorted for next year!!

What's the point giving a over the hill player an extension, typical stupid decision from our club.
      Probably means llori being loaned out again.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #503: May 26, 2015 09:39:11 pm

It means a place for an Academy lad being taken by someone who will only play in the League Cup etc exactly the games the young lads should be playing in
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #504: May 26, 2015 09:39:42 pm
      ambitious move by the owners and management team, well done to all who made this dream come true to liverpool fans.

we hope for more special,memorable days like this

ynwa
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #505: May 26, 2015 09:41:10 pm
      Well that's the defence sorted for next year!!

What's the point giving a over the hill player an extension, typical stupid decision from our club.
      Probably means llori being loaned out again.

it means exactly that mate now will he play in the big games no he will not mindblowingly short sighted. If these lads are not good enough get rid of the Academy

Quick Reply