Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Kolo Touré Player Thread (Released)

Read 68113 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Kolo Touré Player Thread
      Reply #552: Feb 16, 2016 12:02:17 am
      Shankly had to clean house when he came to the club and create a squad and back room staff of hunger, passion, dedication and intelligent folks who would give all for the badge and were worthy of wearing the shirt.

Toure fits this for me. You can see it out there on the pitch. Personally, I do not think he has played that poorly for us. What he lacks in pace he makes up for in experience and positioning. I think he could still do some good here, albeit in a squad role.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #553: Feb 16, 2016 12:06:46 am
      agree but only if klopp gets rid of a lot of players that we all know are inferior to what we really need and utilize Toure as a squad / character in training type of player
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #554: Feb 16, 2016 01:18:52 am
      agree but only if klopp gets rid of a lot of players that we all know are inferior to what we really need and utilize Toure as a squad / character in training type of player

Personally, would like to see Matip, Skrtel, Sakho, Ilori and Toure. The top 4 fighting for 2 spots with Toure there for depth and a squad player. Lovren has not done anything this year to really impress me over his dreadful performances last year. And Caulker was mainly loaned just for depth.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #555: Feb 16, 2016 08:31:33 am
      Personally, would like to see Matip, Skrtel, Sakho, Ilori and Toure. The top 4 fighting for 2 spots with Toure there for depth and a squad player. Lovren has not done anything this year to really impress me over his dreadful performances last year. And Caulker was mainly loaned just for depth.

For me Lovren was our most consistent CB for a spell before he got injured.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #556: Feb 16, 2016 12:20:21 pm
      For me Lovren was our most consistent CB for a spell before he got injured.

This! I really wonder what's the root cause behind all the Sakho-love?! Having said that, both Klopp and Rodgers have fielded an erratic but fit Sakho over Kolo!

I might be wrong but I haven't seen Kolo "displacing" any of our CBs yet! (which of course I think is not right cos the man puts his everything when he plays)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #557: Feb 16, 2016 12:47:10 pm
      The biggest praise I can give Kolo is I don't think at any point he has played this season he has been our worst centre back.  Sakho, Lovren and Skrtel have all looked worse and thats testament to a guy who can't have expected to play as much as he has, in probably his last season at the club.

Delighted he got a goal on Sunday and quite frankly it would not bother me at all if he started ahead of any of the others for the rest of the season. 
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #558: Feb 17, 2016 12:37:56 pm
      HOPE we keep this man, he seems so positive and good to have in the dressing room. When he is called on he puts in a shift and defends really well. 1 more year kolo, please!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #559: Feb 23, 2016 08:34:20 am
      Kolo wants to stay for another season, Id give him 1 more season at least for his outstanding performances this season, he has never let us down when called upon and in general what a guy, deserves at least 1 more season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #560: Feb 23, 2016 08:44:49 am
      Have to keep him now he's turned into a prolific goal machine!
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #561: Feb 23, 2016 08:52:51 am
      If we're to show ambition next season then he should be part of those that should go and NOT because he's been bad just because we should have class in all aspect of the game, even on the bench.

Keeping him may not be a good tactical solution.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #562: Feb 23, 2016 09:18:58 am
      Yeah, based on his form this season, I'd give him another year as the 4th/5th choice defender. Matip, Sakho, Lovren, Gomez, Toure, and Lucas should leave us covered on a defensive front. I'd rather bomb Skrtel out.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #563: Feb 23, 2016 10:02:00 am
      If we're to show ambition next season then he should be part of those that should go and NOT because he's been bad just because we should have class in all aspect of the game, even on the bench.

Keeping him may not be a good tactical solution.

Kolo has more class than most of our squad and is a winner, which is more than can be said for a lot as well.

His personality and enthusiasm he brings as well is worthy of keeping him longer.

Chances are he won't play as much next season, but we need guys with his experience in the squad to help the younger lads.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #564: Feb 23, 2016 10:36:23 am
      I'm genuinely stuck in 2 minds as to whether Toure should go or not.

Why I think he should stay another year: His personality is infectious, he's no doubt a great lad to have in the dressing room and on the training ground which must take a lot of pressure off the manager to get the team riled up. He's an obvious leader and we've been lacking them since Brendan decided to start offloading the rest of them. When called on this season he has put in some very good performances no matter who he has been alongside in the centre of defence (must be quite a few) which says a lot about him.

Why I don't think he should stay another year: Where do we draw the line on the "should he stay for another year" debate? Do we get to this time next year and think "well now it's time to go" or do we want him to stick around for yet another season? I think we will have more than enough numbers come the start of the season for us to not need Toure to be in the squad. Could whatever he gets for wages be used on somebody else either already in the squad or a potential transfer? Will there come a time next season where he stops becoming dependable and starts to make costly mistakes?

Personally I think it'll come down to any wage demands that he has and what role Klopp feels he will fit into. It'd be silly to give him anywhere near what he is currently on for another year just to be 5th choice. Does anybody know if he has done his coaching badges or if he has any interest in going into that side of the game? A player/coach role seems a perfect fit for him if that's something that could be discussed.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #565: Feb 23, 2016 02:19:16 pm
      Love Kolo...if I were Klopp  (God help us all if that were the case)...I'd be honest with Kolo and tell him look....I'd like you to stay but there's no guarantee of first team football in the league, but I would love to have you  leadership and mentoring and to be able to use you in the cups and to spell players from injury or fatigue. If he's ok with that, then everyone's  happy...if he's not, at least you were straight with him and there should be no hard feelings if he decides to move on.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #566: Mar 02, 2016 11:12:48 pm
      Lovren was good but Kolo was immense!

Turned back the clock tonight and was superb at the back didn't do too much wrong in the final the other day too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #567: Mar 11, 2016 07:56:09 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #568: Apr 02, 2016 12:11:03 pm

:lmao: :lmao:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #569: Apr 10, 2016 11:04:29 am
      If anyone hears any news about Kolo treating his maid like a 'slave' it's all come from the s*n originally. All over my facebook today. Scumbags will write anything for a story.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #570: Apr 10, 2016 11:11:20 am
      It's all over everywhere ,the mail the sh*t rag all over the Internet😳😳😳
      Hope it's all bullshit but if true he should be shunted out of the club in the summer.
      No place for that on any society.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #571: Apr 10, 2016 11:24:05 am
      If anyone hears any news about Kolo treating his maid like a 'slave' it's all come from the s*n originally. All over my facebook today. Scumbags will write anything for a story.

Exactly, considering the source people should obviously not believe a single F***ing word of it until we hear Kolo's side.

Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #572: Apr 23, 2016 01:52:08 am
      There has already been some talk about it in Klopp's thread, but might aswell post it here too.

According to the BBC (for what it is worth) Kolo is still part of Jürgen's plans.

Liverpool: Kolo Toure still part of Jürgen Klopp's plans

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says Ivory Coast defender Kolo Toure is still part of his plans, but needs to talk to him about his future.

The 35-year-old will be out of contract at the end of this season but is yet to discuss a new deal.

"Kolo is a very, very important player for us, even when he doesn't play," said the former Borussia Dortmund boss.

"He's one of the most impressive people I have met, but now is not the right time to speak about Kolo's future."

The former Arsenal and Manchester City centre-back has played 19 of his 21 matches this season since Klopp arrived at Anfield in October to replace Brendan Rodgers.

"When I came here Kolo had a few problems injury wise but now it looks completely different and that's good," the German continued.

"How I have heard things is that a big part of Kolo's future is at Liverpool. So I'd say everything is ok."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36115361?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Would love to see him for another year. I have always liked Kolo, honest professional and always gives it his all. When called upon, he has always delivered. A top bloke to have around in the dressing room. Read somewhere that he is also taking his coaching badges, which is good news, let's hope he can get some sort of coaching role at Liverpool then!

Surely this means Skrtel is out the door this summer though. With Lovren, Sakho, Matip, Kolo and young Joe Gomez we're settled at CB.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2016 02:33:51 am by Danzel »
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #573: Apr 23, 2016 08:03:01 am
      What I'd do with Kolo would depend on Lucas. If Lucas wants to stay as a back up midfielder and a back up centre back, then I'd get rid of Toure or look to give him a staff role.

Matip, Lovren, Sakho/a new defender, Gomez, and Lucas would be my ideal situation.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #574: Apr 28, 2016 04:44:47 pm
      What I'd do with Kolo would depend on Lucas. If Lucas wants to stay as a back up midfielder and a back up centre back, then I'd get rid of Toure or look to give him a staff role.

Matip, Lovren, Sakho/a new defender, Gomez, and Lucas would be my ideal situation.
      agree mate KOLO has served us and other clubs well time for him to get into coaching now. Lucas as back up is a great option but like you said not sure he would want that entering his twilight years in footballing terms he needs to be starting and I think he will go back to Brazil

Quick Reply