Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla)

Read 2494 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla)
      Jun 11, 2013 10:56:13 am
      Ivan Rakitic flattered by Liverpool and may leave Sevilla

Sevilla midfielder Ivan Rakitic has admitted he is flattered to be linked with a move to Liverpool.

The Croatia international is reportedly attracting interest from Anfield and he has now reiterated his stance that he will only stay with the Primera Liga side if they bolster their squad.

"I'm really flattered that I'm being linked with such a big club like Liverpool," Rakitic told 24sata.

"I heard that something is happening, but for now there is no concrete offer.

"My brother, who is taking care of my career, is doing all the business about my future.

"But I will repeat what I said before: I will only stay at Sevilla if they will strengthen the team.

"I made it quite clear about that and they know that they have to buy some good players."
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8770315

Wow, I'm excited about this one more than the links with Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla)
      Reply #1: Jun 11, 2013 11:23:32 am
      Is he good? Never watched him before.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2013 11:35:59 am
      Whats he like? Heard of him but never seen him play? Defensive MF?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2013 11:59:31 am
      He is all rounder midfielder (if you know what I mean). He can score, dominate midfield area and can tackle. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2013 12:42:14 pm
      "I'm really flattered, but just after a new contract at Sevilla"

It's like full on S & M behaviour in the summer, trying to link us with plenty of players who probably won't sign for us!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2013 12:54:40 pm
      What has been heartening so far this summer is that most of our targets, Aspas, Alberto and this guy have all said or implied that they couldn't turn down the opportunity to come to Liverpool. 

We haven't had that for a long time.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Jun 11, 2013 01:22:03 pm
      I became a huge of Rakitic in the Euro a few years ago, thought he was great then, and expected him to become a huge player after a few years. That might not have happened as I thought, but he still became a very good midfielder and just had one of his better seasons at Sevilla. I think he was originally an attacking midfielder but has converted into more of an all round CM. I guess we could use him in both positions. Sevilla are in financial trouble so it's not an impossible target.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 11, 2013 01:45:21 pm
      I became a huge of Rakitic in the Euro a few years ago, thought he was great then, and expected him to become a huge player after a few years. That might not have happened as I thought, but he still became a very good midfielder and just had one of his better seasons at Sevilla. I think he was originally an attacking midfielder but has converted into more of an all round CM. I guess we could use him in both positions. Sevilla are in financial trouble so it's not an impossible target.
      A very decent midfielder, box to box style so could do a job here...if it doesn't work out, at least he'll hold his value...

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Jun 11, 2013 02:32:06 pm
      There's probably not much in this, but it's nice to be linked to players in the ilk of Rakitic. Not you're typical big name players, but guys who are actuallu pretty good players. He had a really good season last year. For what it's worth, WhoScored listed him as playing CAM 25 times.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9: Jun 12, 2013 12:08:00 am
      Would rather have Ivan in the team then Luis Alberto. He will bring balance to the midfield and add much needed technical abillity very good with his feet and can pick a pass. In combination with Coutinho he could be devastating had a great season at Sevilla nothcing up his highest goal tally alternating between a deeper CM role and a slightly advanced one playing off the shoulder of Negredo at times.

My only gripe with the lad is he lacks pace but then Xabi wasn't the quickest player either.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #10: Jun 12, 2013 12:35:06 am
      I know this doesn't mean anything at all but I just thought about him today and think that Rakitic is a similar type player in terms of attributes to Alberto Aquilani. Maybe without the injuries though hopefully.

Both not the quickest, creative types, seem to have good shots on them, play always through the center, not very good on the dribble, and both have eyes for a pass. Decided to look up their numbers and interestingly enough came out with these results.

Aquilani
      Goal every 261.75 minutes
      Assist every 299.14 minutes

Rakitic
      Goal every 353.33 minutes
      Assist every 282.67 minutes

No implication or anything here about Rakitic as I actually think he'd be a be a very good addition at the right price, just found that to be a bit interesting to think about. Difference between the two is also that Ivan played around 4000 minutes while Aqua only around 2000.

Quick Reply