Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alex Pearce (Reading)

Read 11586 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Alex Pearce (Reading)
      Reply #46: Jun 01, 2013 09:57:55 am
      Don't forget Heighway,Hall and Jimmy Case and the best of the lot Roger Hunt and quite a few others as well.
      Thanks God some of our current fans weren't around when we signed the likes of Keegan, Rush, Clemence, Rob Jones etc etc.

Of dont forget he Fowlers Owens McManamans Carraghers Gerrards that came through direct from  the club because we didnt go and buy average players in there position instead of giving them there chance
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #47: Jun 01, 2013 10:02:29 am
      Of dont forget he Fowlers Owens McManamans Carraghers Gerrards that came through direct from  the club because we didnt go and buy average players in there position instead of giving them there chance
      As I said Brian there was so many others as well Gerry Byrne,Ronnie Moran,Roy Evans and lots more that never cost us a cent.here we go again Callaghan.Lawler,Tomy Smith,enough reminiscing back to Alex Pearce.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Jun 01, 2013 11:03:05 am
      Whilst I understand this "it will hinder Kelly's and Wisdom's development" argument it needs to be made clear that if Wisdom is used as back up we then need a back up right back and plus we can't rely on Kelly all the time due to his injury record in the past couple of years. If Pearce comes in as 4th choice then I won't argue, Kolo will be 3rd choice and then bring in a quality centre back to partner Agger.

BUT...

I don't want us to sign Pearce as 3rd choice because then it means Kolo would be our first team centre back and I don't think he is good enough for the quality that we need.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #49: Jun 01, 2013 12:37:37 pm
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  23m 
      Despite the pic of him with Ian Ayre, I'm told #LFC have absolutely no interest in signing Alex Pearce.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #50: Jun 01, 2013 12:46:28 pm
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  23m 
      Despite the pic of him with Ian Ayre, I'm told #LFC have absolutely no interest in signing Alex Pearce.

That would be a relief, it really did make absolutely no sense, despite people trying to justify it.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #51: Jun 01, 2013 12:51:02 pm
      Interesting stuff coming from Barrett and Pearce. I have my doubts as to the accuracy of those comments, mainly due to the photo and the tweet from Alex Pearce's supposed cousin, which was later removed.

If he did sign, surely it would be as a replacement for Coates, no?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #52: Jun 01, 2013 05:48:23 pm
      Maybe he's getting rattled by Ian Ayre then.

All a bit strange.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #53: Jun 01, 2013 05:56:55 pm
      Is Rodgers some sort of secret agent, determined to bring Liverpool Football Club down, one mediocre player at a time?  and then managing to keep people confused by signing one good player for every 4 sh*te ones?

"Haha!  I will sign Allen and Borini and Sigurdsson and Dempsey and Pearce, then one Coutinho---then I'll tell them it's a 'work in progress,' they'll believe it, then I'll sign Ashley Williams, Scott Sinclair, and Leon Britton, then they'll get relegated, I'll get sacked, get a huge pay-off, and off I go!"
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #54: Jun 01, 2013 06:05:56 pm
      Is Rodgers some sort of secret agent, determined to bring Liverpool Football Club down, one mediocre player at a time?  and then managing to keep people confused by signing one good player for every 4 sh*te ones?

"Haha!  I will sign Allen and Borini and Sigurdsson and Dempsey and Pearce, then one Coutinho---then I'll tell them it's a 'work in progress,' they'll believe it, then I'll sign Ashley Williams, Scott Sinclair, and Leon Britton, then they'll get relegated, I'll get sacked, get a huge pay-off, and off I go!"

You've clearly not read the rest of this thread re. players we've signed in the past who've went on do great things for the club. Think that post was just a tad uncalled for and just a ramble.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #55: Jun 01, 2013 06:15:20 pm

Funny I have always had this feeling about you and this forum
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #56: Jun 01, 2013 09:10:46 pm
      Whoops?

Sophie Donnelly ‏@SrDee_xo 20m
      So proud of my cousin Alex Pearce going to Liverpool football club
      Retweeted by LFCTS
      I reckon she's just sh*t stirring. It's what I'd do. :laugh:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #57: Jun 01, 2013 09:25:19 pm
      Thanks God some of our current fans weren't around when we signed the likes of Keegan, Rush, Clemence, Rob Jones etc etc.

Highway, (university team if I remember)  Phil Neal (Northampton)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #58: Jun 01, 2013 09:27:04 pm
      He may be a simmering giant... So turn the heat up ! On a free, worth a punt if the boss thinks so highly of him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #59: Jun 02, 2013 03:02:25 am

Even as a source of cheap humour you're getting worse mate, you can do better than that. Keep trying though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Jun 02, 2013 08:21:57 am
      Having said that I've never seen Pearce play, and if I did I cant remember it
      The part in bold may hold the clue Si.

but how many posters here have actually watched him on a regular basis?
      Not too many, I would have thought, Diego. Then again, even Reading fans didn't get to see him too often this season.

I guess you could look at that two ways - #1 (Glass half empty): if he couldn't command the starting role in that defence he must be sh*te or... #2 (Glass half full): Reading's defence was sh*te because they didn't pick him enough and the two managers [McDermott & Adkins] were ball-bags for leaving him out.

Like Si, I will have seen him (highlights only, admittedly) on both the 'Football League Show' and 'Match Of The Day' but I just can't remember him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Jun 02, 2013 11:13:27 am
      This is a low risk signing.  If he is no good Liverpool won't have trouble releasing him when he was free.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #62: Jun 02, 2013 02:46:45 pm
      The part in bold may hold the clue Si.
      Not too many, I would have thought, Diego. Then again, even Reading fans didn't get to see him too often this season.

I guess you could look at that two ways - #1 (Glass half empty): if he couldn't command the starting role in that defence he must be sh*te or... #2 (Glass half full): Reading's defence was sh*te because they didn't pick him enough and the two managers [McDermott & Adkins] were ball-bags for leaving him out.

Like Si, I will have seen him (highlights only, admittedly) on both the 'Football League Show' and 'Match Of The Day' but I just can't remember him

Yep, and either way there's plenty of reason to be skeptical about the signing. I just don't get people strongly opposing the signing of a player they've hardly watched. Not sure about Pearce? Me neither, and it does sound strange. But who knows? I only judge players I actually watch.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #63: Jun 02, 2013 03:19:17 pm
      Yep, and either way there's plenty of reason to be skeptical about the signing. I just don't get people strongly opposing the signing of a player they've hardly watched. Not sure about Pearce? Me neither, and it does sound strange. But who knows? I only judge players I actually watch.
      love the last bit you posted."I only judge players I actually watch "spot on.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #64: Jun 02, 2013 07:32:21 pm
      Have to admit this isn't a signing that excites me.

One way to look at it, is that if we get him free and on low wages, it will be a good addition to the squad.

Another way to look at it, is that if we get him, it may mean he is replacing Skrtel and he may end up playing quite a bit. And that scares me.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #65: Jun 02, 2013 10:05:24 pm
      Reading's defence was sh*te because they didn't pick him enough and the two managers [McDermott & Adkins] were ball-bags for leaving him out.

A la Pardew (was it?) and Mascherano?
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #66: Jun 03, 2013 09:50:24 pm
      So if this is true - have we now signed TWO centre backs that are not going to be regulars - which would suggest Coates and not Skrtel will be leaving.

I'd sooner he be looking for the next Sami or Jamie.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #67: Jun 03, 2013 10:08:58 pm
      So if this is true - have we now signed TWO centre backs that are not going to be regulars - which would suggest Coates and not Skrtel will be leaving.

I'd sooner he be looking for the next Sami or Jamie.

So you don't think we are able to simultaneously look at backup (squad) players the same time we are looking for starters?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #68: Jun 03, 2013 10:18:24 pm
      Readings player of the year in 11/12 season. Must have something about him.

Quick Reply