Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Shakhtar Donetsk > Borussia Dortmund)

Read 100198 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Shakhtar Donetsk > Borussia Dortmund)
      Jun 03, 2013 10:40:16 pm
      Liverpool target £22m Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk
      Liverpool have identified Shakhtar Donetsk's Henrikh Mkhitaryan as a leading transfer target for the summer and are not deterred by the £22m price tag on one of the most coveted players in European football.

The Anfield club have registered their interest in the Armenia international, who scored a record 25 goals in the Ukrainian Premier League last season despite operating as an attacking midfielder. Mkhitaryan put Europe's leading clubs on alert following Shakhtar's elimination from the Champions League by admitting he wanted to play for "one of the strongest clubs in the world", and the 24-year-old was subsequently linked with Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Liverpool, however, tracked the midfielder throughout last season and believe Mkhitaryan would consider a move to Anfield despite the lack of European football currently on offer and rival interest.

Armenia's three-time player of the year was a priority signing for the Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, before Luis Suárez began pushing for the move that could transform the club's transfer strategy and budget. Fenway Sports Group, Liverpool's owners, are prepared to sanction a big money move for Mkhitaryan without a deal in place for Suarez, with both Real and Atletico Madrid interested in the Uruguay international, although uncertainty over other Anfield players is a complication at present.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/03/liverpool-henrik-mkhitaryan-shakhtar-donetsk

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2013 08:26:28 pm by RedPuppy »
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Reply #1: Jun 03, 2013 11:12:54 pm
      Would be a brilliant signing. Miles better than Eriksen. Would be overjoyed with him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Jun 03, 2013 11:15:54 pm
      What I posted in the rumours thread...

I'll be honest - I have not seem a whole lot of Mkhitaryan but I've loved all I've seen and read about him so far. Jonathan Wilson, who is a journalist whose opinion I really respect, is also a huge fan of him. Versatile midfielder, played as a DM earlier in his career before moving further up the pitch and becoming the center of the action for Shakthar. Would be really excited if we signed him.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3: Jun 03, 2013 11:18:22 pm
      What I posted in the rumours thread...

I'll be honest - I have not seem a whole lot of Mkhitaryan but I've loved all I've seen and read about him so far. Jonathan Wilson, who is a journalist whose opinion I really respect, is also a huge fan of him. Versatile midfielder, played as a DM earlier in his career before moving further up the pitch and becoming the center of the action for Shakthar. Would be really excited if we signed him.

I've only seen him in the CL but he was excellent. I've also heard loads of great things about him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4: Jun 03, 2013 11:19:25 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Jun 03, 2013 11:36:32 pm
      Forget about the goals and assists for a minute, what I liked in the video was how he is quick on the run in behind the defence and how he always looks to pass it to somebody in a much better position in front of goal than he is which is something we get regularly frustrated with Sturridge amongst others for not doing.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #6: Jun 03, 2013 11:45:10 pm
      First I've seen of him but he looks very quick and certainly has an eye for goal. However, trying not to get too excited and taking everything with a pinch of salt. The lad probably has the pick of Europe, not just Liverpool.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 03, 2013 11:56:20 pm
      Yes please!  Would be a top, top signing.  I hope this comes true.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2013 12:17:22 am
      His runs into the box reminds me of Gerrard and also Lampard. Those sorts of qualities can not always be taught.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2013 12:28:58 am
      let these be true class player
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #10: Jun 04, 2013 12:30:01 am
      worth paying 2o million plus for him
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #11: Jun 04, 2013 12:46:03 am
      class player, would be a great signing!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #12: Jun 04, 2013 01:18:44 am
      Don't know a lot about most of the players linked, but this guy is fantastic. Absolutely loved watching him in the Champions League this season. Unfortunately, not been able to watch many league games though. Would be class as our number 10. Comes deep and links up with the midfielder's, can dictate a game, has great dribbling abilities with pace to go with it, does a great job assisting the forward players and, most importantly, has goals in abundance.

Has a silkiness about him that's a joy to watch.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #13: Jun 04, 2013 02:15:08 am
      Him swapping in and out of the midfield and the flank with Coutinho would be lethal. A defensive nightmare for the other team in terms of trying to deal with pace, trickery, and creativity.

Don't know much about him, but from the limited amount from the CL (that whole attacking line was quality) I've seen he definitely seems worth that price if he can do it consistently.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #14: Jun 04, 2013 03:36:29 am
      Just hope we are not after any Ukranian keepers after watching those clips.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #15: Jun 04, 2013 04:41:45 am
      Pointless signing; we've already got Joe Allen, and next year he'll be just as good if not better than this Armenian lad.

I know this because Lucas came good, therefore every awful player automatically comes good since it happened with Lucas, also, if you can't support us when we lose, don't support us when we're becoming a mid-table club.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Jun 04, 2013 04:45:21 am
      Pointless signing; we've already got Joe Allen, and next year he'll be just as good if not better than this Armenian lad.

I know this because Lucas came good, therefore every awful player automatically comes good since it happened with Lucas, also, if you can't support us when we lose, don't support us when we're becoming a mid-table club.

The Smiths - That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #17: Jun 04, 2013 04:51:15 am

I feel like you may not have gotten enough attention as a child.

Or you still are a child. Who isn't getting enough attention.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 04, 2013 06:13:41 am

How it can be poinless ,countinho is well setteled on the left and this lad is attacking midfielder so going to play no.10.
      Would u care to explain wat made you think abt comparison between Mkhitaryan and allen.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #19: Jun 04, 2013 06:23:12 am
      How it can be poinless ,countinho is well setteled on the left and this lad is attacking midfielder so going to play no.10.
      Would u care to explain wat made you think abt comparison between Mkhitaryan and allen.

:roll:
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 04, 2013 06:35:50 am
      no , seriously..really want to know.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #21: Jun 04, 2013 06:59:26 am

Weren't you the guy  who said we could judge players after 6 games?

If so, Joe Allen was boss after 6 games for us so you haven't got much to moan about.
      d4mn3d
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 04, 2013 07:47:53 am
      Ignore federer. I've been on the forum just for a couple of days and that's what I've learnt.

From the looks of it, Mkhitaryan will be a kick ass signing. The guy's got pace, an eye for ball and the goal, and is a great team player.

Quick Reply