Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Official Chocolate Thread

Read 22402 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: The Official Chocolate Thread
      Reply #138: Mar 07, 2008 09:02:29 pm
      So whos getting the biggest easter egg this year?

Don't know how big do they go?
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #139: Mar 07, 2008 09:04:48 pm

World's biggest Easter egg

A Belgian city has entered the Guinness book of records with the biggest Easter egg ever.

The Belgian chocolate producer Guylian made the chocolate egg with at least 50.000 bars on behalf of the city of St. Niklaas.

The egg measured 8.32 metres high and beats the record of Kwazulu-Natal in South-Africa in 1996. That egg was 7.65 metres high.

Twenty-six craftsman worked altogether 525 hours to build the egg. They needed 1950 kg of chocolates.

Alderman Urbain Vercauteren of the city of St.Niklaas said the egg wasn't meant to be eaten.

He said: "After a week outside in all weather conditions, I don't think it would be very tasteful."
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #140: Mar 07, 2008 09:07:25 pm
      I want this one. Probably can't afford it.

I'll go half with you Bpatel !!  ;) :D :D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #141: Mar 07, 2008 09:11:19 pm
      World's biggest Easter egg

A Belgian city has entered the Guinness book of records with the biggest Easter egg ever.

The Belgian chocolate producer Guylian made the chocolate egg with at least 50.000 bars on behalf of the city of St. Niklaas.

The egg measured 8.32 metres high and beats the record of Kwazulu-Natal in South-Africa in 1996. That egg was 7.65 metres high.

Twenty-six craftsman worked altogether 525 hours to build the egg. They needed 1950 kg of chocolates.

Alderman Urbain Vercauteren of the city of St.Niklaas said the egg wasn't meant to be eaten.

He said: "After a week outside in all weather conditions, I don't think it would be very tasteful."

What a waste of food! This reminds me of the struggles around the world when people have to look for their own food. Anyway don't want to go off-topic, but I don't like to see food used in this manner when some are crying out desperatly for it.

Anyway yeh that is pretty huge, if they ate it then I would of been more impressed. Or they could of gave it to us on LFC Reds, sure we'd all have no problems finishing it ;)
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #142: Mar 07, 2008 09:14:23 pm
      I'll go half with you Bpatel !!  ;) :D :D

3 some?
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #143: Mar 07, 2008 09:17:13 pm
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #144: Mar 07, 2008 09:17:21 pm
      What a waste of food! This reminds me of the struggles around the world when people have to look for their own food. Anyway don't want to go off-topic, but I don't like to see food used in this manner when some are crying out desperatly for it.

Anyway yeh that is pretty huge, if they ate it then I would of been more impressed. Or they could of gave it to us on LFC Reds, sure we'd all have no problems finishing it ;)

What if it was fairtrade Cocoa?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #145: Mar 07, 2008 09:22:05 pm

We could all have a lick  ;D  Share and share alike  :lmao:
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #146: Mar 07, 2008 09:24:42 pm

Don't think it will split 4 ways, me a a couple of birds will manage I'm sure ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #147: Mar 07, 2008 09:25:43 pm
      What if it was fairtrade Cocoa?

fairtrade cocoa? Explain...
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #148: Mar 07, 2008 09:30:31 pm
      Rafa, take a look here  ::)

http://www.fairtrade.org.uk/what_is_fairtrade/default.aspx

Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world. By requiring companies to pay sustainable prices (which must never fall lower than the market price), Fairtrade addresses the injustices of conventional trade, which traditionally discriminates against the poorest, weakest producers. It enables them to improve their position and have more control over their lives.
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2008 09:33:21 pm by smigger15 »
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #149: Mar 07, 2008 09:33:15 pm
      Like when the producer of the chocolate pays the Cocoa farmer a fair wage for his product in lower income countries.  Look in Co-Op they have fair trade chocolate and a few supermarkets have fair trade Bananas that is the same sort of system.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #150: Mar 07, 2008 09:33:21 pm
      So what if it was fairtrade Cocoa? You still haven't made your point. Right now you've got me totally confused :f_doh:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #151: Mar 07, 2008 09:35:23 pm
      Rafa, read my post and the link, it explains what 'FairTrade' is, it applies to all types of produce all over the world.
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #152: Mar 07, 2008 09:40:37 pm

If it was fairtrade Cocoa that produced the chocolate egg it would at least go half way to giving the peple that grow the stuff in a poorer country a bit back rather than it being made from Cadbury's for instance which would not benefit them at all.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #153: Mar 07, 2008 09:50:08 pm
      If it was fairtrade Cocoa that produced the chocolate egg it would at least go half way to giving the peple that grow the stuff in a poorer country a bit back rather than it being made from Cadbury's for instance which would not benefit them at all.

Well we don't know if it is or not so we can't really argue about it in this manner.
      Anyway as we are not getting anywhere with that fairtrade discussion, lets move on...

THE ultimate toothache chocolate :D

White chocolate looks tastiest! :P
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #154: Mar 08, 2008 06:09:59 am
      I always loved Toblerone, lovely!! But:

my favourite chocolate is Lindt chocolate....amazing!!! it melts in your mouth....yummm

I have to agree with scouser_10, and here is the proof, (probably) the best chocolate in the world!

mr.green
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #155: Mar 08, 2008 10:10:24 am
      hmmm...m-joy and bumbada are my favourites.

Dizzy Munchkin
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 538 posts | 17 
      Reply #156: Mar 08, 2008 10:16:25 am
      Prefer Dark chocolate, but do like whispas yum    hate dark choc flake, tastes like you've got a gob full of cocoa powder!! yuck! also dislike mars bars & creme egg  F***ing disgust muck!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #157: Mar 08, 2008 10:24:58 am
      hmmm...m-joy and bumbada are my favourites.

Havent tried them Mr.Green !!  Welcome to the forum though, hope we get you in the Quarter Finals  ;) ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #158: Mar 28, 2008 09:27:49 pm
      Just had a bit of chocolate not long ago. I shouldn't have done though, as I'm looking to be lean!!!
      It was Lindt chocolate, the bunny one left over from Easter. Oh by the way I ate all the chocolate nearly on Easter Sunday, with barely anything left on Monday I went to the gym and did some intense work outs which certainly burnt of the chocolate.

It's so tasty, that when its there I gotta eat it.. however if there is no chocolate in the house I won't ever bother with it...

Use to love Snickers, and their ice cream of the bar is bloomin delicious too! Nice!
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #159: Mar 28, 2008 10:27:07 pm
      Just had a bit of chocolate not long ago. I shouldn't have done though, as I'm looking to be lean!!!
      It was Lindt chocolate, the bunny one left over from Easter. Oh by the way I ate all the chocolate nearly on Easter Sunday, with barely anything left on Monday I went to the gym and did some intense work outs which certainly burnt of the chocolate.

It's so tasty, that when its there I gotta eat it.. however if there is no chocolate in the house I won't ever bother with it...

Use to love Snickers, and their ice cream of the bar is bloomin delicious too! Nice!

A been having all kinds of choccy today, I had a Cadbury's flake cake at lunch then a bit of the missus' easter egg and a Magnum ice cream ater tea :D
      Dizzy Munchkin
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 538 posts | 17 
      Reply #160: Mar 28, 2008 11:06:12 pm

Has anyone tried Kit-Kat senses?      YUMMY

Quick Reply