Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre-Season 2013

Read 11424 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Pre-Season 2013
      Reply #23: Jul 06, 2013 04:09:01 pm
      Sterling, Kelly and Allen all in full pre-season training, while Stevie is not far away. Sturridge may recover in time for start of the new season.

Sturridge & Stevie fitness latest
      Daniel Sturridge is on course to be fit for the start of the season, Liverpool's head of performance Glen Driscoll has confirmed.

The striker is currently sidelined by an ankle problem he picked up while on international duty with England in May, but remains on target to be ready for the outset of 2013-14.

Meanwhile, Steven Gerrard is close to a return to full training following shoulder surgery.

Driscoll told Liverpoolfc.com: "Daniel Sturridge is the only player in the squad not training at the moment, but he's progressing really well and he's still on target to make the start of the season.

"Steven Gerrard is still being modified, but he's about to enter all out training."

Liverpool ended last season without the services of three other players due to injury, with Martin Kelly (anterior cruciate ligament), Raheem Sterling (thigh) and Joe Allen (shoulder) all on the treatment table.

However, the trio have all participated in pre-season training this week and are fully recovered.

"Martin Kelly is back in full training and doing really well," said Driscoll. "He has absolutely no problems.

"Raheem Sterling has actually come back a little bit earlier, like Martin, to do some extra conditioning so they hit the ground running. He looks extremely sharp.

"Joe Allen also did some extra work and is raring to go now."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/138629-sturridge-stevie-fitness-latest
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #24: Jul 06, 2013 07:10:59 pm
      great stuff, brilliant, I want to see Sterling start against Stoke first match day on real merit as opposed to limited options, on showing real fire and desire to score, it all starts with training hard now doesn't it. good luck RAHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMM M!
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #25: Jul 07, 2013 03:00:19 am
      I think it makes sense to fly to indonesia then oz then thailand. From my own experience flying from diblin to melbourne the flight is a nightmare and the jetlag lasted over a week for me so it makes sense to break up the flights so they are not travelling for over a day.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #26: Jul 07, 2013 08:08:55 am
      I think it makes sense to fly to indonesia then oz then thailand

Modern times and I know why the club do it etc etc but still seems crazy to me.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 07, 2013 09:09:51 am
      Modern times and I know why the club do it etc etc but still seems crazy to me.
      I dunno if youv ever flown to oz but its a long flight that takes its toll on the body. Doesnt matter what year it is the players are still human. I agree though that its not great preperation doing all this travelling in pre season but glad they are as im going the game in two weeks
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #28: Jul 07, 2013 09:21:57 am
      I dunno if youv ever flown to oz but its a long flight that takes its toll on the body. Doesnt matter what year it is the players are still human. I agree though that its not great preperation doing all this travelling in pre season but glad they are as im going the game in two weeks

No I haven't, just think if the club are going to the other side of the world, say Oz, they should fly there and base themselves there for a week or 10 days or whatever. Train, play two or three games then return home and continue pre season here. Just flying here, there and everywhere is cant be the ideal way to prepare for the season.

The lads have 3 games in eight days and have to travel and train between locations too.

Glad you get to see them play Al.

On a side note, ESPN are showing the Preston game live along with Indonensian XI, Melbourne Victory and Thai National games while Stevie's testimonial is live on BT1.

www.live-footballontv.com/live-english-football-on-tv.html
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2013 09:56:11 am by kelvo »
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      Reply #29: Jul 07, 2013 11:37:26 am
      No I haven't, just think if the club are going to the other side of the world, say Oz, they should fly there and base themselves there for a week or 10 days or whatever. Train, play two or three games then return home and continue pre season here. Just flying here, there and everywhere is cant be the ideal way to prepare for the season.

The lads have 3 games in eight days and have to travel and train between locations too.

Glad you get to see them play Al.

On a side note, ESPN are showing the Preston game live along with Indonensian XI, Melbourne Victory and Thai National games while Stevie's testimonial is live on BT1.

Ye i no what you mean just from my experience it took me over a week to get over the jetlag. At least if they fly to indonesia first then melbourne they can rest up and they will be in better shape to train. But anyway doesnt really matter now just hope the players will be ready for the start of the season.

Cheers i was lucky enough to go to the derby in may while i was home. Terrible game though.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Jul 07, 2013 11:39:52 pm

I have to agree with you Kelv, it seems absolute madness to me, even if your not actually doing anything, all that travelling is very tiring. I just hope the lads aren't to knackered when we entertain Stoke at Anfield, looking forward to my first trip to Anfield for Stevie's testimonial  :)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #31: Jul 16, 2013 10:09:28 am
      Touring squad

Mignolet
      Reina
      Jones

Johnson
      Enrique
      Toure
      Agger
      Kelly
      Skrtel
      Flanagan
      Wisdom
      Robinson
      Coates

Alberto
      Gerrard
      Coutinho
      Assaidi
      Pacheco
      Henderson
      Downing
      Spearing
      Lucas
      Allen
      Sterling
      Ibe

Aspas
      Borini
      Suarez

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #32: Jul 16, 2013 10:33:21 am
      Touring squad

Mignolet
      Reina
      Jones

Johnson
      Enrique
      Toure
      Agger
      Kelly
      Skrtel
      Flanagan
      Wisdom
      Robinson
      Coates

Alberto
      Gerrard
      Coutinho
      Assaidi
      Pacheco
      Henderson
      Downing
      Spearing
      Lucas
      Allen
      Sterling
      Ibe

Aspas
      Borini
      Suarez

You can take Pacheco off that list.

@dani37pacheco: Finally not traveling to Asia. Will talk about my future this season in next couple of days. Thank you. YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Jul 16, 2013 10:53:13 am
      We really need this pre season to be a confidence boost going into the new season, it's going to be tough enough as it is stepping up a gear after all the traveling.

I know the competition isn't going to be that taxing but if Luis ends up going we're a bit short up front with just Borini and Aspas.  Just shows how short of attackers we still are so let's hope there's no injuries  >:(

Coady must be gutted to miss out on pre season again, wonder if it's a sign he's going on loan or worse let go completely.  Also Morgan, surprised he's not gone.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Jul 16, 2013 11:15:37 am
      Just found out Liverpool are having a training session, 10,000 tickets only, at the MCG the night before the match. Goes for 90 minutes and apparantley it's free. Only problem is you have to book tickets online and need a code that was given out to Liverpool Supporters Club Members and Melbourne Cricket Club Members, only. Don't know anyone who fits that bill, but have put out feelers around town to see if I can scam a 3 tickets.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #35: Jul 17, 2013 04:24:32 pm
      Liverpool fc in Jakarta! (Bigreds Indonesia)

LFC bus driving through the streets of Jakarta. Amazing turnout.Crazy fans.

A mate posted this on FB: He follows another site.  :f_doh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #36: Jul 17, 2013 05:00:26 pm
      Hahahaha cracking vid - singing and the smoke bombs were boss!!

Indonesian XI v Liverpool live on ESPN on saturday.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #37: Jul 17, 2013 05:21:32 pm
      Hahahaha cracking vid - singing and the smoke bombs were boss!!

Indonesian XI v Liverpool live on ESPN on saturday.

Lots of Indonesian HR's, No Pyro No Party  :f_whistle:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #38: Jul 17, 2013 05:22:29 pm
      "Stay here, SD19, don't go away!"

Now I've seen everything.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #39: Jul 17, 2013 05:29:34 pm

No. It means say in Indonesian, as in Stay Here.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #40: Jul 17, 2013 06:47:29 pm
      that goal against anzhi must've really found a place in their hearts
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #41: Jul 17, 2013 07:02:25 pm

Swap the Fred Perry for Lacoste and lose the chain on his jeans and that loon could pass for a scouser!

Quick Reply