Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Most under rated bands ever

Read 16256 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Most under rated bands ever
      Reply #46: Aug 16, 2013 06:37:35 pm

But of a stretch to call them "underrated" though, Mags, considering they're widely regarded as one of the 90s biggest Brit bands. Think they did ok for themselves, haha.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Aug 16, 2013 06:57:12 pm
      But of a stretch to call them "underrated" though, Mags, considering they're widely regarded as one of the 90s biggest Brit bands. Think they did ok for themselves, haha.

I think they are a bit underrated. Damon Albarn as a talent though doesn't get nearly enough praise. It's his work with Jamie Hewlett be it Gorillaz or Monkey Journey to the West that is his most impressive work personally.

And as bizarre as this sounds I actually think U2 are underrated. I think their body of work, particularly from War in 1983 to Pop in 1997 is quite simply incredible and covers an unbelievable amount of ground. Taking away the (admittedly very big) aspect of Bono's massive ego and a patchy last few records that hasn't matched the grandness of the tours they have staged, U2 were one of the most creative and forward thinking artists in rock music. It's too easy to forget that sometimes.

As Bruce Springsteen said 'U2 hungered for it all, and built a sound, and they wrote the songs that demanded it. They're the keepers of some of the most beautiful sonic architecture in rock and roll'.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #48: Aug 16, 2013 09:11:30 pm
      And as bizarre as this sounds I actually think U2 are underrated.

Then I REALLY don't understand this thread. U2 are one of the biggest bands on the planet and have been for some time, yet they can be classified as "underrated"?  :confused-smiley-013:
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #49: Aug 24, 2013 02:22:54 pm
      The Heavy.

Only heard of them through Fifa 13 - Don't say nothing. And Borderlands - How you like me now.

Only have a few thousand views on Youtube, but they have some decent songs.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #50: Sep 06, 2013 02:28:21 am
      LCD Soundsystem.

I got into these guys about a year ago.  They have a really big following, mostly underground. They never were a huge band like U2. Pearl Jam etc...but they should be. They put out brilliant albums and songs, they had insane live performances and sold out arenas, but they never got huge press or huge commercialization.  They broke up and had a sold out farewell concert at Madison Square Garden in NYC a little while back and it was amazing. But they are definitely worth checking out.

The video is from their farewell concert at MSG.

LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends (Live at Madison Square Garden)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #51: May 10, 2020 04:57:05 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: May 18, 2020 11:46:27 am
      https://youtu.be/zQ1v1pMdIoQ

Ten Years Ago .
      They never did a bad song.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #53: Jun 15, 2020 01:49:23 am
      https://youtu.be/X9j_IreT5yI

"Sing It Back" is better known.... but love this track and video.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #54: Sep 23, 2020 10:55:52 am
      Tears for fears....well underrated..The working hour, watch me bleed, pale shelter, bad mans song, elemental....brilliant band.

Solo artist who gets nowhere near the credit he should, Bob Seger, pure class
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #55: Sep 23, 2020 11:01:52 am
      Tears for fears....well underrated..The working hour, watch me bleed, pale shelter, bad mans song, elemental....brilliant band.

Solo artist who gets nowhere near the credit he should, Bob Seger, pure class

are Tears for Fears underrated? Very good band thoguh

My favourite underrated bands are Hayseed Dixie and Richard Cheese, yes I know they just do covers but its damned clever how they do it and funny.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #56: Sep 23, 2020 11:15:40 am
      are Tears for Fears underrated? Very good band thoguh

My favourite underrated bands are Hayseed Dixie and Richard Cheese, yes I know they just do covers but its damned clever how they do it and funny.

Yeah I think so. Yes everyone knows of them but very few mention them when talking about best bands of the 80s ir of all time. For me they blow most out of the water
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #57: Sep 23, 2020 10:19:48 pm
      Yeah I think so. Yes everyone knows of them but very few mention them when talking about best bands of the 80s ir of all time. For me they blow most out of the water

Love Tears for Fears too, classic 80's band, my favourite is Everybody wants to rule the world, I could listen to it over and over. Just listen to the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGCdLKXNF3w
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #58: Sep 25, 2020 03:01:18 pm
      Hot Chip are massively underrated & brilliant live. Saw them at Glastonbury last year, only knew a few songs at the time but it was probably the best live performance I've witnessed
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #59: Oct 05, 2020 02:27:07 pm

Quick Reply