Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Most Overrated Bands Ever

Read 26098 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Most Overrated Bands Ever
      Reply #92: Jul 13, 2013 12:12:23 am
      Bruce is DEFINITELY underrated in Brazil. He's not even half as famous as he should be. Right now I'm listening to his performance of "Lost in the Flood" at Hammersmith Odeon in 1975... he's god.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #93: Jul 13, 2013 12:15:03 am
      Bruce is underrated in the UK? I can see that. Bruce is very American R&R. Its the same as Coldplay being bigger in the UK than North America.

I love the Smiths but I dont know if they are "Underrated". They are well known, influential and "Queen is Dead and Strangeways" are always in one of those all time top 10 lists.

No doubt he can fill out Wembley stadium easily here in the UK but he still doesn't quite get the coverage his amazing career deserves.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4893 
      Reply #94: Jul 13, 2013 12:15:47 am
      No doubt he can fill out Wembley stadium easily here in the UK but he still doesn't quite get the coverage his amazing career deserves.

He definitely doesn't.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #95: Jul 13, 2013 12:17:39 am
      Bruce Springsteen is underrated in the sense that he should be seen in the same light as Bob Dylan.

In fact, no, because he's way better than Dylan. For a start, Brucie can get the fundamental basics of rock n roll right by being able to sing and perform live.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #96: Jul 14, 2013 02:41:41 am
      Really? I know he deserves to sell out Wembley, Springsteen and the E Street Band are one of those bands who play 3 hr concerts full of non stop hits. Bruce is so good live, you walk away after the concert thinking you just saw the best concert ever, until you see him the next night and your thinking it again.

If you have a chance to see him, I HIGHLY suggest it. I saw him in 99' at the Meadowlands in NJ. It was the "Reunion Tour" and it was epic.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #97: Jul 14, 2013 05:03:35 am
      If you have a chance to see him, I HIGHLY suggest it. I saw him in 99' at the Meadowlands in NJ. It was the "Reunion Tour" and it was epic.

Seeing him in September this year @ Rock in Rio! Can't wait.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #98: Jul 14, 2013 10:19:30 am
      :o Metallica aren't overrated they're superb.

I'd go with green day for me, they're bloody awful. God knows how they fill venues
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #99: Jul 14, 2013 04:30:14 pm
      Really? I know he deserves to sell out Wembley, Springsteen and the E Street Band are one of those bands who play 3 hr concerts full of non stop hits. Bruce is so good live, you walk away after the concert thinking you just saw the best concert ever, until you see him the next night and your thinking it again.

Oh he has sold Wembley out, just last month he did that but you feel that he still doesn't get the recognition in this country. We all know who he is but a lot of us don't quite know WHO he is, whether it's music fans or the music media in this country. And the great thing is I have already seen him - last month at Hampden Park. Quite simply the most brilliant and greatest gig I have ever been to.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #100: Jul 17, 2013 01:34:16 am
      I think their are multiple factors when deciding which bands are good and which bands are bad. Their are numerous bands I dont like but are still good bands. I dont like Rush...but they're a good band. Bob Dylan is good musician but his singing sucks balls. I think the best singer of all time was Freddie Mercury but Queen had a few shitty songs. So its always hit or miss.

I never understood the Dylan singing sucks idea. He spent along time learning how to present songs. He learnt off woody guthrie
      he learnt in the VIllage off the folk musicians there, long before he started writing songs. He presents songs brilliantly.. like Alan Ginsberg said ..'everybody was hanging on every word'.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #101: Jul 17, 2013 01:43:22 am
      Sex Pistols were the biggest fad ever. Overrated largely untalented w*nk. Overly obsessed with image rather than real music I'm afraid. Johnny Cash and Elvis on the other hand in your list were class.

Bruce Springsteen is underrated. Deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Elvis. Consistently brilliant like no one else in music.

And regardless of whatever anyone says I still feel The Smiths are underrated - but I prefer it that way. It's a good thing neither Morrissey or Marr didn't blow their heads off with a revolver or OD'd on drugs because we'd be levied with sycophantic nonsense in the same way Nirvana were after Kurt Cobain died..... :f_run:

Malcolm McClaren pushed the image the Sex Pistols just made music. You don't think Springsteen works on his image. Dylan knew image was everything. Once they can categorise you it changes everything. The Sex Pistols changed everything, their one studio album was as seminal as Nevermind. Nirvana and The Pistols are 'Greats'. This is of course my opinion. I really see a lot in what they did and the fact that it was catchy too, well everybody wants that.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #102: Jul 23, 2013 08:20:56 pm
      Oasis, artic monkeys, muse, Travis and Cliff Richard.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #103: Jul 24, 2013 01:12:23 am

C'mon CLIFF RICHARD!!!!  who the f*ck rates Cliff Richard
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #104: Jul 24, 2013 06:14:12 am
      And that was a joke.
      Welcome to sarcasm.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #105: Jul 24, 2013 10:06:59 pm
      Well Cliff Richard and The Shadows were very popular and hailed even by John Lennon so to say he wasn't rated would be naive. Impacted the music scene in the late 50s and early 60s on a major level. But its easy to overlook all of that following the Millennium Prayer nonsense. What in God's name was all that about?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #106: Jul 24, 2013 11:34:52 pm
      Mumford and Sons are very overrated, very nice to listen to... But not a headline act in my books.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #107: Jul 25, 2013 01:30:16 am
      Can Justin Beiber even be considered overrated?

I know he sucks, he sucks HUGE balls.  His music is so bad and shitty, it makes me angry. I actually want to punch a baby when I hear his music.

But, can someone who sucks that bad, and is only popular w/ 14 year old girls ever be overrated?  Dont you have to be "Rated" to be "Overrated"?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #108: Jul 25, 2013 04:23:56 am
      Mumford and Sons are very overrated, very nice to listen to... But not a headline act in my books.
      I do not rate Mumford and Sons. They play standard folk music you can hear anywhere and they put Cheezy lyrics to them and the singer puts on that Jim Henson inspired Muppet voice that all these faux hippy/folk Devendra Banhart crud singers adopt these days, to show how vulnerable yet passionate they are. In short they offer nothing but more of the same and the worst bits of that.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #109: Jul 25, 2013 04:24:18 am
      And that was a joke.
      Welcome to sarcasm.
      Really
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #110: Jul 25, 2013 04:26:40 am
      Well Cliff Richard and The Shadows were very popular and hailed even by John Lennon so to say he wasn't rated would be naive. Impacted the music scene in the late 50s and early 60s on a major level. But its easy to overlook all of that following the Millennium Prayer nonsense. What in God's name was all that about?
      When I say who the fu*k rates Cliff RichardI am saying I don't rate Cliff Richard. ALthough 'Wired For Sound' almost changed my mind until the Daytura wore off and I through the radio through the wall.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #111: Jul 25, 2013 06:08:22 am

Oasis?! Dagger to my bleeding heart Mr Lester.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #112: Jul 25, 2013 06:40:58 am

Rik from the Young Ones!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #113: Jul 25, 2013 10:18:07 am
      Kieser chiefs , they are sh*t
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #114: Jul 25, 2013 10:43:31 am

Quick Reply