Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Carra?

Read 3169 times
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 392 posts |
      Carra?
      Aug 29, 2013 06:29:24 pm
      Hi all,

I'm never creating topics, with my work I have so little time, it's only too rare when I can post, so forgive me if it's the wrong place.

With our injuries growing and if we fail to sign new quality players (let's be honest, not long to go) would Carra offer his services??

I know that he is a man of his word, so when he make a decision, he stick to it..but now THAT for me, would feel like a new signing, and I wouldn't be surprise to see the man just doing that..

Thoughs?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Carra?
      Reply #1: Aug 29, 2013 07:01:23 pm
      Hi all,

I'm never creating topics, with my work I have so little time, it's only too rare when I can post, so forgive me if it's the wrong place.

With our injuries growing and if we fail to sign new quality players (let's be honest, not long to go) would Carra offer his services??

I know that he is a man of his word, so when he make a decision, he stick to it..but now THAT for me, would feel like a new signing, and I wouldn't be surprise to see the man just doing that..

Thoughs?

He changed his mind and came out of retirement for england, so who knows?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2: Aug 29, 2013 08:28:26 pm
      Hi all,

Thoughs?

I would assume his contract (with Sky I believe?) as a commentator would preclude him from playing.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Aug 29, 2013 08:44:50 pm
      I would assume his contract (with Sky I believe?) as a commentator would preclude him from playing.

I'm sure Sky will let him turn up in muddy kit & boots, after not showering to get to the studio on time.  ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4: Aug 30, 2013 09:31:49 am
       No, don't be daft.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #5: Aug 30, 2013 12:58:20 pm
      Stupid topic.

We all know this is'nt a possibility.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6: Aug 30, 2013 02:21:03 pm
      Totally object to the idea of players coming out of retirement especially when we've still got a few days in the transfer window and it looks like we're getting another CB in. Now that would be stupid. Carra retired at the right time. All great players should retire still leaving the fans with that feeling that you've got a little bit more to give. And also with him stuck in the Sky studios do you really still think he's been keeping up to match fitness?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #7: Aug 30, 2013 02:36:11 pm
      Stupid topic.

We all know this is'nt a possibility.
      that's a bit harsh Paul Scholes  did it for utd. I agree its a long shot but not an impossibility.we are buying another bargain basement CB this weekend for £8mil.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #8: Aug 30, 2013 04:07:00 pm
      Wouldn't he still have to be a registered player for this current season ?
      If he was, then surely his services could be called upon AFTER the window has closed ?
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #9: Aug 30, 2013 08:55:58 pm
      that's a bit harsh Paul Scholes  did it for utd. I agree its a long shot but not an impossibility.we are buying another bargain basement CB this weekend for £8mil.
      Carra has a contract with Sky unlike Scholes. He is moving on to a new venture.

If reports are to be believed we are signing Sakho as well.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Aug 31, 2013 08:19:47 pm

Hold on. Maybe he could slot back in for Toure and still fulfill his Sky contract by strapping a microphone to his chest to do running commentary, interview guys in breaks in play, that sort of thing. Could work...
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Aug 31, 2013 08:33:40 pm
      Can't see it myself, he's moved onto his new career path now. We live in hope tho' ay?

It could always be a possibility that our illustrious owners could spend some of our cash and buy some quality cover.

Nah, more chance of Carra coming back.

And me finding out I've won the lottery.

Whilst screwing the arse off Scarlett Johansson.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: Sep 01, 2013 08:09:35 pm
      We don't need him (not in a negative sense but positive sense) because we have Agger, Skrtel, Toure and from tomorrow Sakho and Ilori plus Kelly. Wisdom will be loaned out.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #13: Sep 01, 2013 08:59:26 pm
      Leave Carra where he is - had a belting steak in his restaurant for my birthday. Just can't work out how he cooked it and was on telly in London, but guessing they just pre-recorded those bits!
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #14: Sep 01, 2013 11:29:10 pm
      Would have him back tomorrow, a dressing room with Carragher is better than a dressing room without him! However we need to build for the future, he's moved on and we need to as well. It's like that tw*t Moyes, playing a half a century Giggs instead of a lively and tricky Shinji Kagawa or pacey Zaha, cheers Moyesy you daft c**t!  :D

Quick Reply