Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Transfer Topic: Tiago Ilori (Sporting CP)

Read 21382 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Re: Thiago Ilori (Sporting CP)
      Reply #92: Aug 30, 2013 01:04:09 pm
      Might get Sakho as well, Rodgers probably decided Wisdom definitely needs to go on loan this year after Tuesday.

- Martin Skrtel for £10m to Napoli seems to be a real possibility
      - BR has already stated that Andre Wisdom needs a season's loan

So I'm guessing Ilori comes in for Wisdom and Sakho/Alderweireld could come in for Skrtel

I'd take that to be honest and I think we may have a few more signings yet before the window closes
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 238 
      Reply #93: Aug 30, 2013 01:39:36 pm
      Mirror reporting that a fee has been agreed.
      — Darren Lewis (@MirrorDarren)
      August 30, 2013
      Liverpool sign defender Tiago Ilori for £8m from Sporting. Player travelling to England now for a medical. More @ http://t.co/DxBZJPPkSL
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #94: Aug 30, 2013 01:44:50 pm
      Great stuff - hope all goes to plan.  He'll be a fine acquisition.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #95: Aug 30, 2013 01:50:56 pm
      I'm guessing this was Brendan's first choice for centre back? Looking really good this deal now, hope they pull it off.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #96: Aug 30, 2013 02:05:07 pm
      I hope we are either getting in another CB with more experience, or that BR has decided to keep Skrtel here for another year.  We need an experienced 3rd choice CB, whether that is Skrtel, Sakho, or someone else. 
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,452 posts | 212 
      Reply #97: Aug 30, 2013 02:49:11 pm
      I'm guessing this was Brendan's first choice for centre back? Looking really good this deal now, hope they pull it off.

I think that papadosdhwdfbwfbh geezer (greek) was first first choice, i would imagine we would be in for him next season, rodgers really rates him, I believe we were even willing to pay 15m for him

the issue was that he just came back from a serious injury and then pulled up in his first game, so we will wait to see how he does this season before going back for him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #98: Aug 30, 2013 02:52:20 pm
      Interestingly in the Mirror article it says Ilori was born in London.................. ....I have a good feeling if we manage to land him..................... ....
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #99: Aug 30, 2013 02:58:12 pm
      Interestingly in the Mirror article it says Ilori was born in London.................. ....I have a good feeling if we manage to land him..................... ....

Yerp he is fluent in English also
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #100: Aug 30, 2013 03:06:33 pm

Yeap - his mother and he only went to Portugal in 2004 (when he was 11) as she found work in Lisbon. She returned to London in 2006 but Tiago stayed in Portugal and enrolled onto Sporting's academy.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #101: Aug 30, 2013 03:08:56 pm
      I hope we are either getting in another CB with more experience, or that BR has decided to keep Skrtel here for another year.  We need an experienced 3rd choice CB, whether that is Skrtel, Sakho, or someone else. 

This for me, 20 year old lad used to playing in a very different league ie. more technical, much slower, less physical and he plays in a position where development only really kicks in around the 23-25 age for many. One for the future I would say. If he had been coming in from a league more similar in style to the EPL ie. the Bundesliga then it might be different but i suspect this lad will play his fair share of under 21 football for the rest of this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #102: Aug 30, 2013 03:14:15 pm
      Llori might end up being a very good signing but he's not the experienced CB we need, especially if we let Skrtel go.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #103: Aug 30, 2013 03:46:59 pm
      Llori might end up being a very good signing but he's not the experienced CB we need, especially if we let Skrtel go.

Apparently Mamadou Sakho is close to being done now according to L'Equipe.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #104: Aug 30, 2013 04:12:13 pm
      Have not seen nor heard anything about Martin leaving except for that offer a few weeks ago that was rejected, and the poster saying he spoke to him the other day where he stated he was not going anywhere.

Any new information on this transfer or is this just more trolling?
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #105: Aug 30, 2013 04:42:07 pm
      Have not seen nor heard anything about Martin leaving except for that offer a few weeks ago that was rejected, and the poster saying he spoke to him the other day where he stated he was not going anywhere.

Any new information on this transfer or is this just more trolling?

Just what I read.

- Napoli were in for him for £10m which was rejected by Liverpool (mainly due to Sebastian Coates injury which keeps him out for a while).

- Liverpool were prepared to sell him (hence an offer from Napoli)

- Now that we are close to sealing deals for Ilori and Sakho, expect Liverpool to entertain offers again (perhaps Napoli again as they have failed to bring anyone in to partner Raul Albiol after they failed to bring in Davide Astori from Cagliari)

- And the interesting bit is that some say Martin Skrtel was fit for the match against Notts County but BR picked Daniel Agger ahead of him on the bench.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #106: Aug 30, 2013 04:46:03 pm
      Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 12m
      #LFC hope to complete signings of PSG's Mamadou Sakho and Sporting's Tiago Ilori before #MUFC match http://bbc.in/15p0gI7

Liverpool hope to complete the signings of Paris St Germain defender Mamadou Sakho and Sporting Lisbon youngster Tiago Ilori before Sunday's match with Manchester United.

The Anfield club are in talks with both clubs and hope to reach an agreement on the respective deals over the weekend.

The 23-year-old Sakho, who can play as a centre back and on the left, has played 14 times for France and is likely to cost around £13m while Ilori, 20, is one of the most promising young defenders in Portugal. Both players are expected on Merseyside for medicals and further talks in the next 24 hours.
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Reply #107: Aug 30, 2013 05:11:23 pm
      Actually isn't "Llori" but "Ilori" with "i"  ;)

Liverpool are always counting the bucks to make signings and this summer signs 2 kids for 15 M£ which together do not have 15 games in the major leagues. Make no sense to me.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #108: Aug 30, 2013 07:39:12 pm
      Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan 5m

We're told Tiago Ilori expected to undergo medical at Liverpool after fee agreed with Sporting Lisbon. #LFC @SkySportsNews
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #109: Aug 30, 2013 08:17:57 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #110: Aug 31, 2013 02:25:10 pm
      Looks like we got him according to sly, unsure whether he has already had his medical but it's looking positive.......

for a change,

Welcome to Anfield Thiago

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #111: Aug 31, 2013 02:32:23 pm
      Another good signing in my humble opinion. Ilori, Cissokho (would have prefered Sequeira), Sakho and Toure.

While it looked for a while like very little focus was being put on our weakest area (reel off all the stats about number of goals conceded we all know we looked dreadful at the back last year for the large part), now that has been addressed it restores some confidence.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #112: Aug 31, 2013 03:19:20 pm
      Picture on twitter that is supposedly him at Melwood. Not a convincing picture but it the majority of rumbli he at this point do suggest we for him. Good transfer work getting him and Sakho.  Defense sorted, lets being in a couple of attackers now.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #113: Aug 31, 2013 03:27:05 pm
      Picture on twitter that is supposedly him at Melwood. Not a convincing picture but it the majority of rumbli he at this point do suggest we for him. Good transfer work getting him and Sakho.  Defense sorted, lets being in a couple of attackers now.

Be great if you could attach the picture here or the name of twitter user :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #114: Aug 31, 2013 03:28:02 pm
      Another good signing in my humble opinion. Ilori, Cissokho (would have prefered Sequeira), Sakho and Toure.

While it looked for a while like very little focus was being put on our weakest area (reel off all the stats about number of goals conceded we all know we looked dreadful at the back last year for the large part), now that has been addressed it restores some confidence.

Not trying to be an arse or drag up old debates, but I suspect this has been worked on for a number of weeks, same as the Sakho transfer.
      This is the time either the buying club or the selling caves in, usually after protracted negotiations.

Quick Reply