Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Torres for Suarez

Read 12210 times
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Torres for Suarez
      Jun 11, 2013 01:33:28 pm
      this maybe quite controversial but I do love controversy.

With it appearing more and more likely that our Magician No7 is heading for pastures new, and with the hope that we will be getting 40 million plus for him.  Would it be worth putting a cheeky bid of 10 million for Torres.  Seems to me he is going to be pushed further back now that Maureen has returned to the Chavs.

I dont know about anyone else but i think i was more distressed at the thought of Torres going than I am with Suarez, seems weird, but i think i have come to the fact that the Press and FA hate him and he is there no 1 hate figure.

I think Torres needs to be loved and lets face it he was never going to get loved when they choose to love a relationship wrecker/racist and all around knobhead in such high as steam

I know i will get abuse for this, but I couldnt really care.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Re: Torres for Suarez
      Reply #1: Jun 11, 2013 01:42:48 pm
      this maybe quite controversial but I do love controversy.

With it appearing more and more likely that our Magician No7 is heading for pastures new, and with the hope that we will be getting 40 million plus for him.  Would it be worth putting a cheeky bid of 10 million for Torres.  Seems to me he is going to be pushed further back now that Maureen has returned to the Chavs.

I dont know about anyone else but i think i was more distressed at the thought of Torres going than I am with Suarez, seems weird, but i think i have come to the fact that the Press and FA hate him and he is there no 1 hate figure.

I think Torres needs to be loved and lets face it he was never going to get loved when they choose to love a relationship wrecker/racist and all around knobhead in such high as steam

I know i will get abuse for this, but I couldnt really care.

as steam?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2013 01:43:23 pm
      Wouldn't pay over 5M for Torres.  He would be a squad player behind Sturridge at this point.  His best days are behind him, and he would not have any sort of residual value in the next 2-3 years. 

If Suarez goes, I'd rather we take the money and get a clinical finisher who is in his prime.  Someone like Soldado/Higuain would be perfect in my opinion, and we would still have plenty of dosh leftover from the Suarez fee to strengthen other areas. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2013 01:45:41 pm
      Depends, Atletico have got the Falcao money to burn, we'll probably lose out to them!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2013 01:48:24 pm
      I'd want someone better than Torres if Luis goes and anyway, he's a has been judas who sulks when he doesn't get his own way.

Let him slink off back to anywhere but L4  ;D
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2013 01:50:54 pm

a steem even

Sorry English Teacher
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Jun 11, 2013 01:55:32 pm
      a steem even

Sorry English Teacher

Esteem?

Write it out 100 times.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Jun 11, 2013 01:58:07 pm
      if Torres came back and scored 30 goals I am sure he would have his name sung again but you may as well include Rushie in our targets because he will never be back and never score 30 goals in a season
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 11, 2013 01:58:17 pm
      No thanks mate!...I know we brought back Rush, Fowler & Bellamy to name a few, but Torres left a stain on us, a big dirty indelible stain on the way he left...it wouldn't be the same for us again!

Onwards & Upwards to the next hero!
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #9: Jun 11, 2013 02:02:58 pm
      a steem even

Sorry English Teacher

:D

I actually quite like 'high as steam', you might have coined a new idiom.

And a no to the proposition, unless we find a spare 5 mill down the back of the sofa or something.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10: Jun 11, 2013 02:03:09 pm
      Torres has won everything. He is unlikely to want to leave for European glory again.  I would think his loyalty would be better 2nd time around. I'd take him over  Carrol. I think 12m is fair for Torres if he is up for sale. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #11: Jun 11, 2013 02:04:42 pm

Factually incorrect!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #12: Jun 11, 2013 02:05:35 pm
      No thanks mate!...I know we brought back Rush, Fowler & Bellamy to name a few, but Torres left a stain on us, a big dirty indelible stain on the way he left...it wouldn't be the same for us again!

Onwards & Upwards to the next hero!

On a free maybe..........nah F**k it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #13: Jun 11, 2013 02:07:15 pm

Unfactually correct.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #14: Jun 11, 2013 02:07:29 pm
      We could probably do better for 10m to be honest, although Torres would add PL experience which the likes of Aspas won't.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 11, 2013 02:13:46 pm
      We could probably do better for 10m to be honest, although Torres would add PL experience which the likes of Aspas won't.
      Aspas has plenty of La Liga experience so lack of PL experience won't faze him at all!
      Plenty of hunger & zest will get him along just fine!
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #16: Jun 11, 2013 07:52:14 pm
      Simple 'NO' from me.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #17: Jun 12, 2013 12:45:27 am
      Torres + Papadopoulous + Mkrtychan for Suarez would represent good business for the team.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #18: Jun 12, 2013 01:35:52 am
      No thanks.

He betrayed our love. you wouldn't take back a partner who thought the grass was greener would you?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Jun 12, 2013 01:50:54 am
      Wouldn't even take Torres on a free if you gave me the chance. He's finished. He may have improved slightly under Rafa but even in matches where he scored he was still generally poor as the Europa League final showed. Torres back at Liverpool? Absolutely not. No siree bob! It's got nothing to do with the bitterness that hung in the air when he left. I would take him back in an instance if he was the Torres we knew and loved from Liverpool 4/5 years ago but that was then. This is now and the present says he is a finished man. A shame because he was once so great but he's now a pale imitation of his former self. Worse than a fat Elvis singing Unchained Melody at his piano.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #20: Jun 12, 2013 02:40:10 am
      He could have been a legend of the club but he chosed to be otherwise, let's move forward and leave the past behind. He left us when we needed hin most, but we manage to survive without him. Personally I wouldn't like to see him back. it brings back the unpleasant memories during those times.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #21: Jun 12, 2013 03:02:00 am
      He has to get on his knees and beg then I don't know.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 12, 2013 03:48:44 am
      Hell no. It's high time we get a No.9 who is going to stay atleast 5 years or more...No traitor's, Media-did-this-to-me whinger's .

Quick Reply