Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Billy Liddell Connection

Read 3095 times
      Kaiser Chief
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Billy Liddell Connection
      Jun 11, 2013 10:35:31 pm
      I am writing to draw your attention to the plight of my Club, Dunfermline Athletic and our connection with one of your most famous sons – Billy Liddell. As some of you may know, Billy came from the village of Townhill on the outskirts of Dunfermline. Indeed, in 2010 a memorial cairn was built in the village to commemorate the life of Billy Liddell. Whilst Billy played his entire professional career with Liverpool, his boyhood team was Dunfermline Athletic and he finally got the chance to play for his heroes in a wartime exhibition match in 1944.

Unfortunately, Dunfermline Athletic (nicknamed The Pars) are now facing the very real possibility of liquidation following the financial mismanagement of our former owner. The Club is currently in administration and a fans’ group called Pars United has embarked on a fund raising campaign called ‘Buy the Pars’. Our aim is to raise £500k by the end of July which will enable us to buy the Club from the Administrator. We have a community owned, fan governed vision and hope to rebuild our once proud history. Please have a look at our website, www.buythepars.org and any donations you could make would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s hoping the Pars can survive and who knows, perhaps another player of the calibre of Billy Liddell will find his way from Dunfermline to Liverpool. Thanks for reading a rather long first post!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Billy Liddell Connection
      Reply #1: Jun 16, 2013 08:43:51 pm
      I am writing to draw your attention to the plight of my Club, Dunfermline Athletic and our connection with one of your most famous sons – Billy Liddell. As some of you may know, Billy came from the village of Townhill on the outskirts of Dunfermline. Indeed, in 2010 a memorial cairn was built in the village to commemorate the life of Billy Liddell. Whilst Billy played his entire professional career with Liverpool, his boyhood team was Dunfermline Athletic and he finally got the chance to play for his heroes in a wartime exhibition match in 1944.

Unfortunately, Dunfermline Athletic (nicknamed The Pars) are now facing the very real possibility of liquidation following the financial mismanagement of our former owner. The Club is currently in administration and a fans’ group called Pars United has embarked on a fund raising campaign called ‘Buy the Pars’. Our aim is to raise £500k by the end of July which will enable us to buy the Club from the Administrator. We have a community owned, fan governed vision and hope to rebuild our once proud history. Please have a look at our website, www.buythepars.org and any donations you could make would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s hoping the Pars can survive and who knows, perhaps another player of the calibre of Billy Liddell will find his way from Dunfermline to Liverpool. Thanks for reading a rather long first post!

Ill make a donation mate. Not flushed with cash but I don't like seeing clubs suffering for money. Best of luck with staying in business.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Billy Liddell Connection
      Reply #2: Jul 16, 2013 07:03:05 pm
      Ill make a donation mate. Not flushed with cash but I don't like seeing clubs suffering for money. Best of luck with staying in business.
      I now of about 24 millionaires that hang around Melwood a few times a week would it be such a difficult job to get them to fork our a few bob to a club that gave us a legend

Quick Reply