Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Our most important player on the run in?

Read 8684 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Our most important player on the run in?
      Reply #69: Apr 13, 2014 10:29:04 pm
      6 games to go. Its in our hands. Touch wood we stay injury free. Id like to know who everybody thinks will be our most important player on the run in?

Obvious names will come up, Stevie, Luis, Sturridge . But for me I think it will be someone other then those 3 who will step up and drag us over the line. We seen evidence on Sunday that Sterling Flanno and Coutinho have the bottle for it.
      I think at some point in the 6 games Mignolet will be called on to pull of a save or 2 that will lead us to taking points.

I think we will rely on Johnno at times to open up defences and set up a goal or 2 and add 1 or 2 himself

But for me the man who wins Liverpool fc this league is Coutinho.

Not bad me  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #70: Apr 13, 2014 10:34:22 pm
      Lucas might have a big role to play with Hendo out. 
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #71: Apr 13, 2014 10:38:37 pm
      Coutinho and Sterling have stepped up fine style.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #72: Apr 13, 2014 11:04:05 pm
      Still Gerrard for me.

Many players will play their part but if we do win it Stevie will be the man to push us over the line.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #73: Apr 13, 2014 11:10:27 pm
      Every player including the subs will be important on the run in, as well as we need players to put the ball in the opposition net we need players to keep the ball out of our net. It is just a pity Henderson will not be available for all matches after the excellent season he has had.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Apr 14, 2014 12:05:58 am

He hasn't won us the league yet.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #75: Apr 14, 2014 01:45:12 am
      Still Gerrard for me.

Many players will play their part but if we do win it Stevie will be the man to push us over the line.

He is the glue for this team no doubt.  Seeing his reaction after the final whistle brought tears to my eyes as well.  I want this title this year for no other reason than he deserves it so much.  As a fan, I can be around for other title runs, of which I hope there will be many, but Gerrard will only be around so much longer.  His window to win a title isn't that big.  I think he has what it takes to take this team on his back and carry them to the promised land.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1274 
      Reply #76: Apr 14, 2014 01:56:17 am
      Our most IMPORTANT player seems to change on a match by match basis it seems - that's a good thing though.

A lot of talk about Lucas, but I think Allen will play a big part.

He's due a big role, and I sense his time has come. He has been crucial to Liverpool when he has been brought on and calmed us all down when brought on against City and sured up the game when he was brought on against West Ham.

He's relatively fresh considering he hasn't played too many games and his pace and pressing at players might take its toll on the opposition this far into the season.

There were moments against City when he harried and pressed them and buzzed about the players like a wasp that they lost composure. He did it in City's box too, almost snatching the ball off them and almost at times providing the final ball for a goal.

I'd probably start him against Norwich for sure.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #77: Apr 14, 2014 02:01:21 am
      I predict Lucas will play an important role coming into the last 4 matches. I predict Stevie will most likely score an unbelievable 'pile driver' that will pull us out of the flames. I'm very rarely wrong!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #78: Apr 14, 2014 05:10:55 pm
      I can't give an answer.
      Boring but I can't.
      Everybody is vital but when I look and think what would happen if each player got injured its an injury to Jordan Henderson that I struggle to find the Plan B for, as mad as that may sound.
      His energy and pressing is vital to the way we play for me and I don't see any squad member that can offer what he can and a spell out for him would really worry me.

£17 mill? Bargain!

Not an injury but same gist.

Plan B : Lucas.

He'll do it.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #79: Apr 14, 2014 05:53:42 pm
      Now I haven't been Joe's biggest fan but I have been very impressed by him over his last 6 performances. Now with Jordan out he can really make a name for himself at Liverpool by playing out of his skin for the last 4 games.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #80: Apr 14, 2014 06:24:06 pm
      I'm not sure how we define "most imp player". Obviously Gerrard is looking refreshed and adjusted to his new role. And he certainly holds it together in some ways.

Suarez is our most important player, but is maybe not as fresh as he's been.

I was gonna post before the Man C game that Raheem is the player who can become our most important one. By this I mean that we KNOW Luis and Stevie will be putting in terrific performances. Raheem is ofcourse still learning things - indeed just as Luis was just two years ago.

When Sterling has a v good game, generally Liverpool will. A team might shut out Luis for 90mins. But its even harder to shut out Luis AND the Sturridge threat. However, its pretty impossible to shut out those two AND Sterling.

So if Sterling has a "very good game" vs Chelsea...
      ANYWAY, Norwich next :-/
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #81: Apr 14, 2014 06:28:54 pm
      After yesterday, I will re-iterate my previous post - Dr Steve Peters

Suarez was very, very close to being sent off yesterday. Henderson was, and Skrtel should have conceded a penalty with that punch

Need to keep the collective minds calm and focused in the last four games - which Gerrard was leading the charge on with the huddle post match, and interviews - but we have to keep the mental side together
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #82: Apr 14, 2014 06:44:27 pm
      Mindset is very important. We can cut any team to shreds with pace and skill.
      But a bit of slowing the game down, letting the ball do the work for a few mins won't do any harm either.

There's a time for heroic battling. And a time to just sap the intensity out of the battle.
      Ironically the tika taka approach does sap the opposition, and is a good way of "defending with the ball" eg to run the clock down.

I actually hate tika taka as a philosophy. And was glad to see it binned for the cut and thrust we see today.
      But we can't necessarily bomb forward for 90 minutes of every game.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #83: Apr 14, 2014 07:48:17 pm
      It's the G man for me, he is our leader, he won't stand for any idleness, he will carry us to the premiership title, there isn't a player in the whole of English football who doesn't respect him, and there is no player Europe wide who deserves it more then Stevie G,

We all seen what it means to him yesterday so if there is any justice in this world 99.9% should go to the families of the  96,  0.1% should ensure our Stevie gets a league winners medal.

YNWA     JFT96
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #84: Apr 14, 2014 10:05:06 pm
      Gerrard. Been immense for months and is showing the calm and focus we need.

Suarez needs to control his emotions against Chelsea a lot better than he did yesterday. He is no good to us getting sent off.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #85: Apr 14, 2014 11:09:03 pm
      Still not changed my mind, it'll be a different player or players every game and considering we are displaying such a great team ethos and work ethic, that can only be a good thing. 

Vs West Ham, for me, it was Lucas.
      Vs Man City, for me, it was Coutinho.

Against both, it was a great team effort and I wouldn't be surprised if someone else stood up in the next game.

Quick Reply