Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Xbox removes DRM and 24 hour authentication.

Read 9604 times
      Bier
      Re: Xbox removes DRM and 24 hour authentication.
      Reply #23: Jun 21, 2013 05:15:59 pm
      Eh? Where you getting that from?

PS4 is still way ahead. And that's even after Amazon split it into standard & launch editions.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

From this maybe? http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

If you look at that top 10 though, There are 5 PS4's in there, including some bundle offers, and just 1 xbox one.
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2013 05:27:34 pm by Bier »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #24: Jun 21, 2013 09:37:56 pm
      Yours is fake. Mine isn't :)
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 22, 2013 08:06:15 am
      Just wondering, what if M$ change their minds again after the console launches and change the drm back.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #26: Jun 27, 2013 02:39:36 am
      I was so pissed about the DRM/Used game policy that I was going to sell my 360 and games and then buy a PS4. But, now I think I will stick w/ the Xbox. I ALWAYS buy used games. If I buy a used a game and like it then a new version of the game comes out I will buy it New.  Not allowing Used game play is so Idiotic that Xbox would of completely lost its footing to Playstation.  People cant afford new games, people rent games, its a huge market for gamers.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #27: Jun 28, 2013 09:41:21 am
      Just wondering, what if M$ change their minds again after the console launches and change the drm back.

Possible. All it takes is an "update".

Xbox would of completely lost its footing to Playstation

It kind of already has, by previous PS4 pre-orders and by being less powerful. Less exclusives, too.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #28: Nov 18, 2013 08:39:59 pm
      Is the Xbox One backwards compatable?  Can I play 360 games on it?
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 20, 2013 02:36:28 pm
      Is the Xbox One backwards compatable?  Can I play 360 games on it?

Last thing I heard was that you cant, which is silly, but I suppose most "big" games that people might want to play on the xbone from the 360 have already been made for the xbone. But that's not a definite answer, just what I read somewhere :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Nov 20, 2013 03:56:54 pm

Last thing I heard was that you cant, which is silly, but I suppose most "big" games that people might want to play on the xbone from the 360 have already been made for the xbone. But that's not a definite answer, just what I read somewhere :)
      Xbox One IS backwards compatible, atonishingly PS4 isn't, also it's not possible to play MP3's on it! All in all I think the XBOX One is looking much better at the moment, love the fact that you can hook you Sky box into it as well and have a proper media hub.
      Bier
      Reply #31: Nov 20, 2013 04:03:57 pm
      Xbox One IS backwards compatible, atonishingly PS4 isn't, also it's not possible to play MP3's on it! All in all I think the XBOX One is looking much better at the moment, love the fact that you can hook you Sky box into it as well and have a proper media hub.

No, Xbox one isn't backwards compatible, actually. In fact, eventually Sony's Gaikai cloud gaming serice will make it possible to stream PS, PS2 and PS3 games on the PS4, while Microsoft have said that this will be problematic on the Xbox one. Though to be fair, I imagine this will eventually be possible on the Xbox one too at some point. Ofcourse you'll need a very good internet connection to do so.

I'm not buying any console just yet. The PS4 has some technical issues with release, and I'm sure the Xbox one will too considering the red ring of death issue last time. And there are really not enough good games released intially to warrant an immediate purpose of either in my opinion.
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2013 04:27:46 pm by Bier »

Quick Reply