Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57589 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #322: Jul 07, 2015 01:07:20 pm
      Best of luck Alberto.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #323: Jul 07, 2015 04:43:39 pm
      its confirmed
      Luis Alberto leaves Liverpool for loan at Deportivo La Coruna
      http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2514682/luis-alberto-leaves-liverpool-for-loan-at-deportivo

lets hope he has a good season there
       next summer he will have 1year left in his contract( if I am not mistaken)

YNWA
      shame we cant just sell him on for around 2mil now, wish him the best but we over paid for him big time
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #324: Jul 07, 2015 05:38:14 pm
      Really was money well spent...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #325: Jul 07, 2015 06:25:11 pm
      Our 8m man on loan to another sub par La Liga side. Another vintage piece of bargaining.

Ian Ayre ya bobby dazzler!

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #326: Jul 07, 2015 06:30:26 pm
      He's too one footed. I never understand why teams buy players that rely so heavily on one foot.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #327: Jul 07, 2015 09:17:20 pm
      Our 8m man on loan to another sub par La Liga side. Another vintage piece of bargaining.

Ian Ayre ya bobby dazzler!

For every post like this we should probably do an opposite one for Coutinho, Sturridge, Can etc, all those 8-15m buys who did make it.

Disclaimer: I think Ian Ayre is sh*t too, but let's be fair here.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #328: Jul 09, 2015 07:53:22 am
      He's too one footed. I never understand why teams buy players that rely so heavily on one foot.

That's why nobody wants Messi.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #329: Jul 09, 2015 08:08:43 am
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #330: Jul 09, 2015 08:30:05 am

You know what sarcasm is ? You really think i've meant that ?

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #331: Jul 09, 2015 09:23:23 am
      You know what sarcasm is ? You really think i've meant that ?

Sorry George, you don't have the best track record with sensible comments so thought you were being serious.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #332: Jul 09, 2015 10:02:36 am
      Hmm... although I see where you're coming from, I wouldn't be too sure on that debs.

I'm thinking that (although it's down to personal opinion of course) none of the, post DoF, "cheaper punts" - Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Allen, Aspas, Ilori, Assaidi, Yessil or Mignolet have shown too much or genuinely improved our starting XI - for example. Although I will concede that, to date, Sturridge, Coutinho definitely have and others might.

I'd also argue that, with 'inflation' and relative price hikes that the likes of Markovic and Lovren are really just mid-priced players [certainly not top quality].

I'm also going to be very biased here but of our other £20m+ signings... I'd take Lallana, Downing and Carroll, all day every day if I could have one Suarez thrown in.  ;D

Like I say: it's all down to opinion.

I would agree with a lot of what you have said mate, but I wouldn't go abandoning the whole "buying potential" idea. I genuinely think we've just had really sh*t scouting system for a while. You could abandon the whole idea and only go for 20+ million players, in which case, as you rightly point out, likes of Caroll, Downing and Lovren would be massively costly mistakes. If you only go for potential, you're obviously going to get a lot of Aspas and Albertos.

On the one hand, I've seen a lot of people on here complain as to why we're not unearthing South American gems, whilst other clubs seem to, and on the other hand we're complain we're not buying top quality for top dollar. I'd argue that we simply didn't get the balance right for the past three years, plus our scouting has been woeful. I'd love to go for 2 top quality players each year - what that means is anyone's guess, be it proven premiership experience or big money - and 3 or 4 potential.

You're right though, FSG have been too rigid, too stubborn in their recruitment policies. There are signs it's changing though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #333: Jul 09, 2015 10:08:13 am
      I would agree with a lot of what you have said mate, but I wouldn't go abandoning the whole "buying potential" idea.
      Neither would I ozi.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #334: Jul 09, 2015 10:20:25 am

That's not good, can we not have a heated argument about it for a while? Seems too civilized an end to this exchange of wittycism...
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #335: Jul 09, 2015 10:24:48 am
      Sorry George, you don't have the best track record with sensible comments so thought you were being serious.

Well, if you have a different opinion than mine, it doesn't mean my comment isn't sensible.

Some examples:

Me saying we'll waste the year if we'll not sack Rodgers after the 3-0 defeat at OT proved true.

Also my opinion on the rotation policy for the Real Madrid game was right, i said we'll eventualy struggle in both games (Real and Chelsea) and that proved true also.

The fact that the 3-4-3 system won't work in EPL (see the scum with LVG) in the long run was something i said many times, also proved true, coupled with playing Sterling, Can and Markovic, Henderson (at times) out of position.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #336: Jul 09, 2015 07:47:02 pm
      Well, if you have a different opinion than mine, it doesn't mean my comment isn't sensible.

Some examples:

Me saying we'll waste the year if we'll not sack Rodgers after the 3-0 defeat at OT proved true.

Also my opinion on the rotation policy for the Real Madrid game was right, i said we'll eventualy struggle in both games (Real and Chelsea) and that proved true also.

The fact that the 3-4-3 system won't work in EPL (see the scum with LVG) in the long run was something i said many times, also proved true, coupled with playing Sterling, Can and Markovic, Henderson (at times) out of position.

Whatever you say George. I have no idea why you're bringing up points you think will help defend yourself, the very fact you have to do so proves something.

Anyway, does anyone think that Alberto has been shunned because of his drink driving case? Or at least does that have anything to do with it?

RedJock
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | 40 
      Reply #337: Jul 09, 2015 08:26:10 pm
      Whatever you say George. I have no idea why you're bringing up points you think will help defend yourself, the very fact you have to do so proves something.

Anyway, does anyone think that Alberto has been shunned because of his drink driving case? Or at least does that have anything to do with it?

All down to his lack of ability IMO

No idea why he was signed - he had no track record and was too old to be an improving youngster. Poor player
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #338: Jul 09, 2015 08:36:28 pm
      All down to his lack of ability IMO

No idea why he was signed - he had no track record and was too old to be an improving youngster. Poor player

Very strange mate I agree, the oddest signing since Nunez.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #339: Jan 14, 2016 05:43:29 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaapGktRoAU

cracking display, very accurate in his passing and he crosses the ball better than all our players currently
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #340: Jan 14, 2016 08:46:40 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaapGktRoAU

cracking display, very accurate in his passing and he crosses the ball better than all our players currently

We need him
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #341: Jan 24, 2016 07:03:49 pm
      He is really playing well for Depor this season.

Watched the game against Valencia, him and Lucas Perez were the best, too bad Negredo equalised in min 90+4, they didn't deserve anything from this game.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #342: Jan 25, 2016 02:43:54 pm
      Sincerely hope Alberto will be given a proper chance here next season.

The guy is clearly a quality player.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #343: Jan 26, 2016 01:49:20 am
      Completely forgot about him.  Can't see him being a "heavy metal" style player, but hopefully he can keep up the impressive form and earn us a few bucks that Jürgen can put towards his own signings.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #344: Jan 26, 2016 01:52:49 am
      He is really playing well for Depor this season.

Watched the game against Valencia, him and Lucas Perez were the best, too bad Negredo equalised in min 90+4, they didn't deserve anything from this game.

Lucas Perez has been amazing this season
      Probably the best player in the league this season apart from Barça and Real Madrid players

Quick Reply