Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57602 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #69: Jul 25, 2013 03:12:31 am
      I'm being ballsy here but I think he will turn out some of our best business we've done for a while. Not sure what it is tbh, just something tells me when he gets to grips with the pace and power of the Premier League he will be very important to the way Brendan wants to play.
      I agree here. From what I have seen of him and Aspas, they fit more into Brendans idea than does Sterling or Sturridge. Their movement is better, different. The move across the pitch and the interplay is really good. Sterling seems more individual and direct.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #70: Jul 31, 2013 10:41:10 pm
      What is interesting with Alberto is that he appeared to generally play as a wide player last season in Spain but the way he has been used in pre-season suggests Brendan sees him playing in the 8 or 10 shirt. That would make sense because (for me) he doesn't look like a player who will drop a trick a dribble around people but I could definately see him coming on in games when things get stretched and pulling some strings from midfield and his highlight clips from last season suggest a player who can finish and has excellent delivery at set-pieces. He has grown on me.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #71: Jul 31, 2013 10:57:43 pm
      he doesn't look like a player who will drop a trick a dribble around people but I could definately see him coming on in games when things get stretched and pulling some strings from midfield

Aquilani like!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #72: Aug 01, 2013 09:19:10 am

Good God I hope not.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #73: Aug 01, 2013 10:01:37 am
      I agree here. From what I have seen of him and Aspas, they fit more into Brendans idea than does Sterling or Sturridge. Their movement is better, different. The move across the pitch and the interplay is really good. Sterling seems more individual and direct.
      You mean the striker what scored 11 in 16 isn't in brendans idea? That's a little stupid to say.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #74: Aug 01, 2013 04:26:13 pm

Sheeeeeet now you come to mention it! It was a joy to watch Aquilani address the ball and then pass it all in one silky swift motion. Alberto does have that very same pure passer look about him BUT I would hope the time he has spent playing in wide and forward areas will mean he is also able to bring some mobility and the threat of running with the ball which was sorely lacking from Aquilani's game.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #75: Aug 01, 2013 06:41:21 pm
      Luis (Alberto) Aquilani

:O I see it now.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #76: Aug 01, 2013 07:09:20 pm
      look good player see so far, got good feeling he could one of our better buys in transfer window
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #77: Aug 07, 2013 03:45:48 pm
      How good has he been so far? I missed the last 2 matches
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #78: Aug 07, 2013 04:02:25 pm
      How good has he been so far? I missed the last 2 matches

He's a less aggressive, technically better and more intelligent Shelvey.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #79: Aug 08, 2013 07:21:18 am
      Cracking goal last night.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #80: Aug 08, 2013 08:39:44 am
      Great volley yesterday, well in
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #81: Aug 08, 2013 09:34:10 am
      Showed great technique in taking his goal and in some of his passing last night.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #82: Aug 08, 2013 09:33:28 pm
      Was a good goal but I was impressed with his passing more than anything, he looked a lot more confident when playing his passes and there were some really good ones, generally looked more confident in himself on the pitch.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #83: Aug 08, 2013 11:21:41 pm
      Anyone else think he might have been bought as a deep lying midfielder. The Xabi/Stevie role if you will.

If you think about Rodgers saying he wants two players for every position. And then you think it's only really Gerrard and Lucas that play the deep lying midfielder, with Allen occasionally filling in. I think Luis is being groomed for that role.

Could be just me though
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #84: Aug 08, 2013 11:25:06 pm
      Can anyone tell me what his natural position is? Haven't seen too many games so i can't tell what position he has been playing.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #85: Aug 09, 2013 01:53:00 am
      This guy just oozes class. Hope he manages to replicate his performances in the league for us, he could be fantastic for unlocking stubborn defences.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #86: Aug 09, 2013 03:36:33 am
      He's a less aggressive, technically better and more intelligent Shelvey.

Or in other words - less English.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #87: Aug 10, 2013 07:54:16 am
      Anyone else think he might have been bought as a deep lying midfielder. The Xabi/Stevie role if you will.

If you think about Rodgers saying he wants two players for every position. And then you think it's only really Gerrard and Lucas that play the deep lying midfielder, with Allen occasionally filling in. I think Luis is being groomed for that role.

Could be just me though

A deep lying midfielder should have a wide range of passing. Alberto seems to like the throuh balls like Coutinho does. To play like Gerrard, Xavi or Xabi, the player should be able to pass short, long and make through balls whenever needed. I haven't seen much of L.Alberto but I don't think he would be a good CM for us unless he matures into a player like Fabregas.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #88: Aug 12, 2013 10:02:07 am
      Alberto is looking like a cracking player,  but so did Suso. Why did we loan out Suso to bring in Alberto? We could have strengthened our defence. Am I watching the wrong games.  Assaidi and Suso performing and not getting a place in the team?  It's getting annoying that we seem to be playing rubbish players just because we spent money on them. Downing, Allen and Henderson should not be ahead of Assaidi or Suso.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #89: Aug 12, 2013 11:43:59 am
      he's an exciting prospect still yet to see where he will play prob come on as sub most of the season for Coutinho, henderson, Sterling as i think he will play either CAM or LM he's not a deep holding player IMO more of a eye for goal. all in all he's a low risk player that if given a chance will add to his value
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #90: Aug 13, 2013 06:28:39 pm
      Can anyone tell me what his natural position is? Haven't seen too many games so i can't tell what position he has been playing.

I remember reading on twitter back when we signed him that he played most of the time last season for Barça B as a 'false 9', but can also play in any other attacking position. A lot of people here seem to think of him playing deeper though, so I'm not sure what to expect. Sounds like an exciting player though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #91: Aug 27, 2013 08:43:15 pm
      Like how cofrtable he looks on the ball and how he looks to do something with it.

Quick Reply