Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

2013: Players Signed and Players Watched

Read 2577 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      2013: Players Signed and Players Watched
      Jun 22, 2013 02:24:53 pm
      I thought a thread dedicated to all the players we have actually signed, or those we have confirmed a real serious interest in signing would be handy. So for example, we could discuss Mkhitaryan, Mignolet and Papadopolous, but not Eriksen, Wanyama and Cavani. We could also discuss possible departures like Reina and Suarez.

Think of it as a middle ground between the 'Summer Transfer' thread craziness, and the rubber stamped 'Player Thread'. Once the season starts, the thread can be locked/deleted. Discussions could also centre around a more team based theme, like now that we have them, how will Aspas and Alberto figure in the squad, and where will Mkhitaryan will play if he arrives? It's difficult to discuss tactics/strategy for the new season when the players are all separated into their own threads.

Of course names and status can and will change, but basically, if they've signed or are about to sign, they can be discussed here. Mods feel free to lock this if it's deemed superfluous to requirements.

So:

Toure
      Aspas
      Alberto
      Mignolet
      Mkhitaryan
      Papadopolous

I'm going to be honest here and ask, Aspas 7m and Alberto 7m (give or take). Is that £14m well spent, do those signings fill you with confidence, would you have rather the gaffer spent that £14m on a single more recognised player?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: 2013: Players Signed and Players Watched
      Reply #1: Jun 22, 2013 07:59:57 pm
      I'm personally very happy with Aspas. Some of the Spanish journos said he was worth at least double what we paid. I'm excited to see him play for us. I think he'll add some much needed bite and agression to a team that looked like it lacked it last season. We desperately need more character and I think this lad will definitely provide it.
      Alberto sounds a good player too. I'm interested to see how he makes the step up from the Barca B team to Liverpool. I don't want to lump too mch pressure on him as he's young and I don't think we can expect all our signings to do a Coutinho. I reckon he'll turn out to be good. Sounds a sound lad as well from the way he comes in his interviews.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      Reply #2: Jun 22, 2013 09:54:08 pm
      Bite and aggression? Less of the former, more the latter I hope :D

They both look like tidy editions, but nothing to make the heart skip a beat, but then who'd heard of Coutinho before he signed?

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Jun 22, 2013 11:36:03 pm

They both look like tidy editions, but nothing to make the heart skip a beat, but then who'd heard of Coutinho before he signed?

I think Inter Milan, Rafa and that old/ new Chelsea manager had heard of Couthino prior to signing for us.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      Reply #4: Jun 23, 2013 07:26:21 am
      An interesting little read

Rodgers on Alberto, Toure and Aspas
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      Reply #5: Jun 23, 2013 03:55:29 pm
      Only been on twitter for a few hours recently, I've generally just stayed away from it. Thought I'd give it a try, and already I know it's the biggest load of crap there is

Unbelievable

One guy posts something like 'Exclusive: Tello to LFC £8m buy out clause' - and about 200 empty head sheep re-tweet it to death

What do people get out of this?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #6: Jun 23, 2013 04:33:57 pm
      Only been on twitter for a few hours recently, I've generally just stayed away from it. Thought I'd give it a try, and already I know it's the biggest load of crap there is

Unbelievable

One guy posts something like 'Exclusive: Tello to LFC £8m buy out clause' - and about 200 empty head sheep re-tweet it to death

What do people get out of this?

Just follow the reputable sources. Tony Evans, Tony barrett, Rory Smith, etc.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      Reply #7: Jun 23, 2013 04:44:31 pm
      Thanks for that Barney
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #8: Jun 23, 2013 06:40:36 pm

No problem. I have a twitter too, I only follow a few journos and newspapers, Liverpool, our players and ex-players, and a few of the Anfield Wrap lads. If you want our player's twitters there is a thread in the Kop with a list of them.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      Reply #9: Jun 24, 2013 10:03:49 am
      Out
      Carroll £15m

In

Aspas £8m
      Alberto £7m