Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 308131 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2392: Mar 05, 2017 11:39:14 am
      Another example of his inconsistency yesterday.

Very good save to deny Giroud for his header then an unnecessary and half-committed run out to Welbeck that allowed the Arsenal player to have an easy chip over him.

I agree Jd, but Sanchez beats our defenders to easily with his pass.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2393: Mar 05, 2017 12:43:12 pm
      Anyone else think he was at fault for the goal? No way he should be coming out there? My friends were having a debate about it. He thinks he should have come, I think he should have stayed. Thoughts?
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #2394: Mar 05, 2017 01:04:19 pm
      Anyone else think he was at fault for the goal? No way he should be coming out there? My friends were having a debate about it. He thinks he should have come, I think he should have stayed. Thoughts?

I had the same convo with my mate, he shared your opinion, I thought he should have come out but stayed on his feet, either way i agree that he was at fault!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2395: Mar 05, 2017 01:14:40 pm
      Should have just covered his near post really. The ball was running away from goal.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2396: Mar 05, 2017 01:19:34 pm
      Can't blame him for the goal, i'm sorry it goes against the grain but whatever he does he stills get criticised
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Reply #2397: Mar 05, 2017 01:30:12 pm
      One of those where if he comes and concedes, it looks bad, but if he stayed on his line and conceded, question would have been asked: why did he not come out to meet the ball?

Was a great finish by Welbeck, and Mignolet did what he could to limit the options and pressure the finish.

Actually, had another really good game all round. Controlled his box and made a couple of great saves.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2398: Mar 05, 2017 01:48:13 pm
      One of those where if he comes and concedes, it looks bad, but if he stayed on his line and conceded, question would have been asked: why did he not come out to meet the ball?

Was a great finish by Welbeck, and Mignolet did what he could to limit the options and pressure the finish.

Actually, had another really good game all round. Controlled his box and made a couple of great saves.

I agree. He was actually decent yesterday.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,743 posts | 6718 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2399: Mar 06, 2017 03:51:15 am
      Saved that bullet header from Giroud and kept us in the lead so in the end, not a bad game from Migs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8547 
      Reply #2400: Mar 06, 2017 04:43:09 am
      Can't blame Mignolet for the goal, defence and midfield too static and lost Sanchez and Welbeck far too easily! Mignolet in a no win situation, comes out and gets chipped or stays on his line and probably has it smashed past him and get's moaned at for not coming off his line quicker ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2401: Mar 06, 2017 10:25:09 am
      Can't blame Mignolet for the goal, defence and midfield too static and lost Sanchez and Welbeck far too easily! Mignolet in a no win situation, comes out and gets chipped or stays on his line and probably has it smashed past him and get's moaned at for not coming off his line quicker ;)

Precisely. Good finish, no goalkeeper error at all on this occasion.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2402: Mar 06, 2017 12:01:49 pm

Did think the lad had a good game, took a couple of vital saves well  and remained composed throughout.
      Said the same thing previously about the back line - the defenders weaknesses could have cost us dearly if Arsenal were not as disorganised as they are right now.

While there is all this hype in the media about the Sanchez incident before the game, which looks to be ongoing and the uncertainty over Wenger's tenure, Arsenal are on the back foot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,308 posts | 6374 
      Reply #2403: Mar 06, 2017 02:35:37 pm
      While we could certainly do better, Mignolet I think takes way more stick than he should. To me he's not considerably worse than most of the other keepers in the league. He's makes mistakes but most keepers do, he also makes some boss saves that I don't know a lot of other keepers make. Unfortunately, what we need is someone that IS considerably better than the other keepers in the league and a bit better in distribution and commanding his box.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2404: Mar 06, 2017 03:50:24 pm
      While we could certainly do better, Mignolet I think takes way more stick than he should. To me he's not considerably worse than most of the other keepers in the league. He's makes mistakes but most keepers do, he also makes some boss saves that I don't know a lot of other keepers make. Unfortunately, what we need is someone that IS considerably better than the other keepers in the league and a bit better in distribution and commanding his box.

He's better than Bravo I'll give him that much.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,308 posts | 6374 
      Reply #2405: Mar 06, 2017 03:52:14 pm
      He's better than Bravo I'll give him that much.

That's exactly who I was thinking of :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2406: Mar 12, 2017 06:57:44 pm
      When the Anfield faithful is gagging for a bit of urgency, Mignolet will do anything to prevent it from happening. His brain lives in slow motion, taking an age to take a goal kick or any kick for that matter. When it requires a bit of sweeping, as all modern keepers must do, he will no doubt flail a leg at the ball pinging it down the throat of an opposition player. His kicking is just awful and contributed to Burnley's swarming play in that first 30 minutes. As well as that he continues his appalling 1 shot, 1 goal record. He made a good couple of punches but have our standards become so debased to accept a goalkeeping performance as 'good' when he does something as standard as that?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2407: Mar 12, 2017 07:19:10 pm
      I basically saw the first Burnley player not make contact and Mignolet just stood there, about 2 seconds later he runs towards the other player who kicked it in the net. ANY good goalkeeper would have closed down the player. Mignolet just can't anticipate even the obvious things. Awful keeper.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2408: Mar 12, 2017 07:55:31 pm
      We all know his weaknesses but got to say he at least was a lot braver than usual coming out for the ball.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2409: Mar 13, 2017 11:01:14 am
      This 1 shot 1 goal talk really is utter nonsense when the 1 shot is unstoppable.

We all know he's not good enough but Klopp always has the option of swapping him back for Karius?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2410: Mar 13, 2017 01:08:22 pm
      Had a good game the Migmaster IMHO.

Distribution was average but came out strong a few times.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2411: Mar 13, 2017 01:19:27 pm
      We all know his weaknesses but got to say he at least was a lot braver than usual coming out for the ball.

I think it's a lack of judgement rather than bravery.

You don't get a nose like Migs by being a coward ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2412: Mar 13, 2017 05:42:01 pm
      This 1 shot 1 goal talk really is utter nonsense when the 1 shot is unstoppable.

We all know he's not good enough but Klopp always has the option of swapping him back for Karius?
      it wasnot unstoppable. He was slow to react to the second striker after the first striker missed it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2413: Mar 13, 2017 06:00:15 pm
      it wasnot unstoppable. He was slow to react to the second striker after the first striker missed it.

Stop talking rubbish the pace and accuracy of the shot from Barnes no goalie was stopping that.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2414: Mar 13, 2017 08:27:27 pm
      Stop talking rubbish the pace and accuracy of the shot from Barnes no goalie was stopping that.
      you missed the point, Mignolet had time to close him down. He stood on his line about 1 second longer than he needed to.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2017 08:39:46 pm by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply