Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 308157 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2415: Mar 13, 2017 08:47:22 pm
      I hate Migs, I think he's sh*te... but even I can see that goal wasn't his fault. Can doesn't close down, great pass and a good finish, nothing Migs can do.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2416: Mar 13, 2017 09:21:05 pm
      you missed the point, Mignolet had time to close him down. He stood on his line about 1 second longer than he needed to.

KopiteLuke hacked your account?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2417: Mar 14, 2017 07:09:14 pm
      you missed the point, Mignolet had time to close him down. He stood on his line about 1 second longer than he needed to.

You are daft Ripa, you really are!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2418: Mar 20, 2017 11:35:03 am
      When Aguero scored the equalizer it went right past Migs foot. It's like he can't move his foot. No reflexes at all. 1-1 we had more shots on Target.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2419: Mar 20, 2017 11:39:04 am
      When Aguero scored the equalizer it went right past Migs foot. It's like he can't move his foot. No reflexes at all. 1-1 we had more shots on Target.

Appalling wasn't it.

Should have played Karius instead, eh.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2420: Mar 20, 2017 03:39:46 pm

Are you blaming Migs for the goal? Seriously?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2421: Apr 05, 2017 10:09:55 pm
      I thought the first 5-6 minutes we did alright and thought we were going to have a good night. And then step forward Mignolet to dictate the mindset for the rest of the match (who else)? And then Mignolet stepped up to kill the atmosphere which then brought forward a string of errors culminating in Gini's fatal mistake. Carra called it absolutely right in the commentary - he is always the catalyst for the nervy atmosphere that pervades Anfield in these matches.

I don't know what is going through the head of that idiot goalkeeper of ours but I sure as hell would love it if he were doing it somewhere else next season. From his mistake onwards you knew the mindset for the game was set. A mixture of sheer idiocy and disrespect for the opposition.

I'm utterly convinced he is half the problem. Cut out his mistakes and the nervousness he spreads throughout the whole team and your half the way to solving the problem.

Bin him. Just f**king bin him.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2017 10:25:05 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #2422: Apr 06, 2017 10:05:09 pm
      Anyone who thinks he can be our number 1 need their head testing. If a team gets 4 shots on goal at us , they are basically guranteed 2 goals. WTF
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2423: Apr 07, 2017 12:01:07 am
      I thought Mig has been better this season in terms of not making so many stupid mistakes. Yet he remains a big issue for our defense. I believe he is the main reason why we have conceded so many goals from set pieces or simple crosses into the box. He doesn't know how to command the box nor to organize the defense in front of him. He does very little when it comes to anticipating and collecting crosses. How many times have we conceded because the ball awkwardly dropped in front of the goal? In the last 10 minutes of yesterday's game, twice Mig had to deal with crosses into the box. One of them he almost dropped, the other one he punched right into a dangerous area, and if I remember correctly, led to their second goal soon after.

We can do better than Mignolet. We need to do better if we hope to ever win anything.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #2424: Apr 07, 2017 12:53:16 am
      I dislike Mignolet as much as the next person and think that he should not be at this club but to blame him for that draw is ridiculous..he wasn't the one making that backpass nor the one catching flies at the second goal and neither the one changing the formation to a back five at home to fcking Bournemouth.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2425: Apr 08, 2017 12:01:56 am
      I dislike Mignolet as much as the next person and think that he should not be at this club but to blame him for that draw is ridiculous..he wasn't the one making that backpass nor the one catching flies at the second goal and neither the one changing the formation to a back five at home to fcking Bournemouth.

True. But he was the culprit for being the one who initially set the panic in. We have a keeper that literally sets nervousness through the team. The moment he was hesitating on the ball in the first half and nearly got caught out was the moment you could just tell the entire line up seemed to go into panic mode. Passes going everywhere apart from where they should, losing shape, losing the 1st and 2nd balls.

He may not have been directly at fault for the goals (for a change) but he played more than his fair share in us losing control of the game.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2426: Apr 08, 2017 10:42:56 am
      True. But he was the culprit for being the one who initially set the panic in. We have a keeper that literally sets nervousness through the team. The moment he was hesitating on the ball in the first half and nearly got caught out was the moment you could just tell the entire line up seemed to go into panic mode. Passes going everywhere apart from where they should, losing shape, losing the 1st and 2nd balls.

He may not have been directly at fault for the goals (for a change) but he played more than his fair share in us losing control of the game.

Sorry can't agree on this, he is an easy target and on this occasion no blame whatsoever can be laid at his door.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2427: Apr 08, 2017 12:49:16 pm
      Sorry can't agree on this, he is an easy target and on this occasion no blame whatsoever can be laid at his door.

Well obviously you were watching a different game to a lot of us then.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2428: Apr 09, 2017 08:17:22 am
      Just seen the highlights.

2 fantastic saves!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2429: Apr 09, 2017 08:20:48 am
      I somehow missed that save from the Berahino shot, what a save that was.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2430: Apr 09, 2017 08:36:26 am
      I somehow missed that save from the Berahino shot, what a save that was.

He did make some vital saves, in critical moments of the match.

Defence was all at sea again. He shouldn't be expected to bail that out every week, and then when he doesn't ends up getting the blame for the entire result.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #2431: Apr 09, 2017 11:23:48 am
      Great saves ? Really ? Having the ball hit directly at you is not a great save. Poor finishing on both. Didn't know anything about either . I'm not being harsh just pointing out that if the ball was a FT either side of him then it's a goal.
      Lucky and we are due some from him.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2432: Apr 09, 2017 11:31:23 am
      He did make some vital saves, in critical moments of the match.

Defence was all at sea again. He shouldn't be expected to bail that out every week, and then when he doesn't ends up getting the blame for the entire result.

It's more of an issue that the defence doesn't trust the keeper and vice versa, one little mistake and all of them go to pieces. Mistakes happen every game, it's time they started recovering without nerves. It might be something us fans need to do as well, we do react much more audibly, to mistakes, than other fans, at least in my experience of other grounds.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2433: Apr 09, 2017 11:35:34 am
      It's more of an issue that the defence doesn't trust the keeper and vice versa, one little mistake and all of them go to pieces. Mistakes happen every game, it's time they started recovering without nerves. It might be something us fans need to do as well, we do react much more audibly, to mistakes, than other fans, at least in my experience of other grounds.

Like you said, it's a two way street.

Some on here see it as a one way street.

Similarly, it would be nice to see our two primary CB play together for more than a third of a season. Those numbers are too low, and that doesn't help with stability and understanding either.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2434: Apr 09, 2017 11:36:45 am

Like you said, it's a two way street.

Some on here see it as a one way street and I'm not for one moment saying Mig's is without his faults - but he ain't as bad as some of the boo boys make out. For sure.

Similarly, it would be nice to see our two primary CB play together for more than a third of a season. Those numbers are too low, and that doesn't help with stability and understanding either.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2435: Apr 09, 2017 11:55:38 am
      Great saves ? Really ? Having the ball hit directly at you is not a great save. Poor finishing on both. Didn't know anything about either . I'm not being harsh just pointing out that if the ball was a FT either side of him then it's a goal.
      Lucky and we are due some from him.

Will you blow it out of your arse for fucks sake.
      There are actually a good number who did see the game and gave Mignolet MOTM, saving the game for us as he did.
       You on the other hand prefer to go against the majority and inform the goalkeeper was no more than average doing a good impression of a windmill.

Pissing against the wind springs to mind.

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #2436: Apr 09, 2017 12:08:25 pm
      Will you blow it out of your arse for fucks sake.
      There are actually a good number who did see the game and gave Mignolet MOTM, saving the game for us as he did.
       You on the other hand prefer to go against the majority and inform the goalkeeper was no more than average doing a good impression of a windmill.

Pissing against the wind springs to mind.

Yeh, yeh , yeh . And you're all entitled to your opinions. I just didn't see it like that.
      Pretty sure it was Coutino and Bobby who saved the game for us though.

I just think that if those saves had been made from the Stoke GK most people on here would be putting it down to poor finishing from us.

Pissing against the wind ? Well , there is a lot of wind on here to piss against.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2017 12:17:46 pm by littleface »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2437: Apr 09, 2017 03:06:51 pm

Pissing against the wind ? Well , there is a lot of wind on here to piss against.

That'll be you blowing it out of your arse.

Quick Reply