Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 308680 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2691: Oct 22, 2017 09:31:24 pm
      My 4 year old asked "why does he always miss the ball?" When a kid who only has 53 months of living experience has figured you out..... Well needless to say, that ain't good.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #2692: Oct 22, 2017 09:31:56 pm
      How bad does Ward have to be doing in training to not get a look in this sh*t show?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2693: Oct 22, 2017 09:46:16 pm
      Just had to look down the other end of the pitch today to see a proper keeper at work.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2694: Oct 23, 2017 12:17:23 am
      My 4 year old asked "why does he always miss the ball?" When a kid who only has 53 months of living experience has figured you out..... Well needless to say, that ain't good.

One of the worst things about Mignolet was the fact that when he first came here we all thought he was decent. Kept three straight clean sheets in his first three games including a penalty save - we all thought good job. And then he descended in his form and got worse and worse and worse and worse. He stopped fooling everyone at the moment he was dropped for Brad Jones. I'd say he's even worse under Jürgen than he was under Brendan now and now he seems to be the worst number 1 keeper we've ever had.

Worst keeper in the league.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2695: Oct 23, 2017 12:38:19 am
      A clear sign of the stupidity at this club that this sort of buffoonery is allowed.

https://twitter.com/oliver__bond/status/922195888151384065

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2696: Oct 23, 2017 12:53:49 am
      How bad does Ward have to be doing in training to not get a look in this sh*t show?

Mate, him or Karius, I don't honestly care as long as it's not Mignolet.

A clear sign of the stupidity at this club that this sort of buffoonery is allowed.

https://twitter.com/oliver__bond/status/922195888151384065

Some stat that isn't it. Even worse when you realise he's 3 clear of his nearest rival.

I've gone through various stages with Migs:

Thinking he wasn't an upgrade on Reina, as few could be, and then realising I was right.

Trying to tell as many as would listen that he really isn't a good shot stopper, despite so many attempting to drum it into me that he was. Then finally seeing small grains of improvement (out of hope more than anything I think) and actually trying to think maybe he could just develop into... same old simple Simon.

Doesn't command his box.

Doesn't know how to leave his line, it's either stuck there doing nothing or it's total panic, like a moron trying to continually pick up cherries in a bowl as one continues to fall out as he picks up the last, no co-ordination or plan to his closing down it's just a buffoon.

Same with his punching, he's either coming, or he's not. It's not based on judgement it's on probably the last shirt number he saw, was it even, then I'm staying on my line, was it odd, then here I come, in range of the ball or not.

His 1v1 technique has been shown to be terrible, his distribution is pathetic and slow, or the times where he thinks "I know, I'll be quick" are the only bloody times he shouldn't be. He's like some kind of sick parody, a comedy sketch but unfortunately we're all part of the joke because the f**ker is still between the sticks for us.

Diabolical player in every sense there is to be a goal keeper, projects nervousness, anxiety and is counter to everything I want in a goal-keeper.

Please drop him and stick with either Ward or Karius, or rotate the two of them, just be done with this chapter.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 12:58:51 am by KopiteLuke »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,767 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2697: Oct 23, 2017 01:15:42 am
      Simon do us all a favour and tell Jürgen you just want to sit on the bench for the rest of the Season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2698: Oct 23, 2017 01:27:55 am
      One of the worst things about Mignolet was the fact that when he first came here we all thought he was decent. Kept three straight clean sheets in his first three games including a penalty save - we all thought good job. And then he descended in his form and got worse and worse and worse and worse. He stopped fooling everyone at the moment he was dropped for Brad Jones. I'd say he's even worse under Jürgen than he was under Brendan now and now he seems to be the worst number 1 keeper we've ever had.

Worst keeper in the league.

Was even prepared to hold fire on calling him all sorts towards the turn of the year last season. But after hearing why he was dropped for the Arsenal game, the City performance & yesterday's performance, he's had enough chances now. Should be a straight scrap between Ward & Karius for the goalies jersey and bin Mignolet off at the first opportunity once the transfer window opens.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,767 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2699: Oct 23, 2017 01:34:22 am
      Simon is not a KEEPER he's a GIVE AWAY member of our squad.

Totally lacks any commanding of our box, those 2 goals he conceded, surely Keepers of the quality of De Gea, Loris and Coutouis would have saved. Not our F***ing Simon, get the ball in our box and next thing you know he's picking it out of the net!!!  FFS
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #2700: Oct 23, 2017 02:22:02 am
      Categorically nowhere near good enough to be our number one. God knows how many points his clangers have cost us. Get the f*ck rid.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2701: Oct 23, 2017 06:44:28 am
      Was even prepared to hold fire on calling him all sorts towards the turn of the year last season. But after hearing why he was dropped for the Arsenal game, the City performance & yesterday's performance, he's had enough chances now. Should be a straight scrap between Ward & Karius for the goalies jersey and bin Mignolet off at the first opportunity once the transfer window opens.

Did wonder about that odd episode. Why was he dropped?

Another useless clown who needs to go, but with this one I actually dislike him. Strikes me as a proper gobs***e, who isn't even willing to admit he might have some issues.

Get rid and put him and his mate Dejan in the stands until we can.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2702: Oct 23, 2017 06:50:42 am
      Did wonder about that odd episode. Why was he dropped?

Was dropped cos he stayed up to watch the Mayweather/McGregor fight. Klopp found out dropped him & played Karius.

The weird part for me was Klopp coming out saying he'd be back in for the city game. I found that decision utterly bizarre.

DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #2703: Oct 23, 2017 07:33:51 am
      Was dropped cos he stayed up to watch the Mayweather/McGregor fight. Klopp found out dropped him & played Karius.

The weird part for me was Klopp coming out saying he'd be back in for the city game. I found that decision utterly bizarre.

Source?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2704: Oct 23, 2017 08:26:13 am

You never studied journalism then? First rule, never reveal your sources!!

But I prefer brown on my bacon sarnies :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #2705: Oct 23, 2017 08:37:33 am
       ;D

Sounds like a local rumour in Liverpool then.

My own source tells me that Karius knew that Mignolet was going to watch the fight, and knew that he would get caught, and knew that Klopp would bench him, so tweeted day before that he was looking forward to playing in the Arsenal game.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2706: Oct 23, 2017 09:34:34 am
      Genuinely hope he never plays for us again.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2707: Oct 23, 2017 09:45:33 am
      Simon is not a KEEPER he's a GIVE AWAY member of our squad.

Totally lacks any commanding of our box, those 2 goals he conceded, surely Keepers of the quality of De Gea, Loris and Coutouis would have saved. Not our F***ing Simon, get the ball in our box and next thing you know he's picking it out of the net!!!  FFS

Categorically nowhere near good enough to be our number one. God knows how many points his clangers have cost us. Get the f*ck rid.

He costs just £60,000 per week. We gotta expect him to be picking up balls from the net. Pay £80,000 you'll get Loris. Pay £200,000 you'll get De Gea.

You get what you pay for. FSG saves £1.04m a year by not paying £80,000 and £7.3m by not paying £200,000.

He's useless on the pitch but very useful to our financials. It's how FSG wants it to be. So accept it. We have useless owners. Sooner they sell out the better.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #2708: Oct 23, 2017 10:27:39 am
      Give ward a chance not his fault that he still here mig should be sold years ago
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #2709: Oct 23, 2017 10:28:57 am
      Mate, him or Karius, I don't honestly care as long as it's not Mignolet.

Some stat that isn't it. Even worse when you realise he's 3 clear of his nearest rival.

I've gone through various stages with Migs:

Thinking he wasn't an upgrade on Reina, as few could be, and then realising I was right.

Trying to tell as many as would listen that he really isn't a good shot stopper, despite so many attempting to drum it into me that he was. Then finally seeing small grains of improvement (out of hope more than anything I think) and actually trying to think maybe he could just develop into... same old simple Simon.

Doesn't command his box.

Doesn't know how to leave his line, it's either stuck there doing nothing or it's total panic, like a moron trying to continually pick up cherries in a bowl as one continues to fall out as he picks up the last, no co-ordination or plan to his closing down it's just a buffoon.

Same with his punching, he's either coming, or he's not. It's not based on judgement it's on probably the last shirt number he saw, was it even, then I'm staying on my line, was it odd, then here I come, in range of the ball or not.

His 1v1 technique has been shown to be terrible, his distribution is pathetic and slow, or the times where he thinks "I know, I'll be quick" are the only bloody times he shouldn't be. He's like some kind of sick parody, a comedy sketch but unfortunately we're all part of the joke because the f**ker is still between the sticks for us.

Diabolical player in every sense there is to be a goal keeper, projects nervousness, anxiety and is counter to everything I want in a goal-keeper.

Please drop him and stick with either Ward or Karius, or rotate the two of them, just be done with this chapter.

The reason why people think he is a good shot stopper is because of his acrobatics and exaggerating every save he makes to look good.

Also adding to the list of his incompetence is his kicking, I lost count how many times he would kick the ball long and ends up with the opposition again.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #2710: Oct 23, 2017 08:25:16 pm
      Simon do us all a favour and tell Jürgen you just want to sit on the bench for the rest of the Season.

Preferably a bench in the park feeding the ducks.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2711: Oct 23, 2017 09:08:23 pm
      I may have to update my 'worst keeper in the league' line to 'worst keeper in LFC history' rather soon.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2712: Oct 23, 2017 09:10:15 pm
      Preferably a bench in the park feeding the ducks.

Poor ducks would get less than a third of a good meal if his distribution numbers hold up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2713: Oct 23, 2017 09:21:44 pm
      I may have to update my 'worst keeper in the league' line to 'worst keeper in LFC history' rather soon.

Probably quite safe of you to argue that in all fairness. His mistakes alone cost us the opportunity of getting into the Champions League two seasons ago. He's so bad I think he's unsaleable. Who would take him off our hands?

Silence on his twitter account is deafening.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 09:26:02 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply