Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 306082 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2921: Jan 16, 2018 07:40:30 am
      Don't let the door hit you on your way out Simon!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2922: Jan 16, 2018 08:05:55 am
      Not being funny mate but I very much doubt you'll be playing at any World Cup.

Amazing to think in the history books he’ll look like a stalwart......in terms of years / games played.

He was signed to show-horn a great Liverpool keeper out the door in one of the owners and Brandan’s poorest moments.

Beggars belief.

Not good enough to be a Liverpool goalie then and not good enough today.

Not his fault though.

Virgin Plus for the World Cup Simon - make sure you don’t miss anything......
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #2923: Jan 16, 2018 12:51:05 pm
      Amazing to think in the history books he’ll look like a stalwart......in terms of years / games played.

He was signed to show-horn a great Liverpool keeper out the door in one of the owners and Brandan’s poorest moments.

Beggars belief.

Not good enough to be a Liverpool goalie then and not good enough today.

Not his fault though.

Virgin Plus for the World Cup Simon - make sure you don’t miss anything......

He will be remembered as a player who played in one of the poorest defensive LFC sides ever.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2924: Jan 16, 2018 01:05:44 pm
      He won't play for a bigger club than us.

My only regret is that you didn't save that pen vs Stoke on your debut, might have been shut of you a bit earlier then.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2925: Jan 16, 2018 01:13:59 pm
      Serious question, I know he's not the best keeper we have or had but has Simon really cost us any Silverware..?

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2926: Jan 16, 2018 01:19:20 pm
      Serious question, I know he's not the best keeper we have or had but has Simon really cost us any Silverware..?

He's cost us countless points and more noticeably in the more crucial games.

I'll go as far as he cost us the title in 2013/14.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2927: Jan 16, 2018 03:12:15 pm

He fooled us all with three clean sheets in his first three league games for us I recall. As first impressions go, that was smashing. And that was as good as it got. He wasn't convincing in his first season with us but it was probably his best season for us...in the sense that I can't think of too many matches where he cost us (arguably cost us a point at Man City on Boxing Day that season though).

But I'd go as far to say that Mignolet cost us the chance of competing in the Champions League last season thanks to his form in 2015-2016. I can think of three 2-2 draws at Anfield that season, costing us 6 points alone (the gap between 8th and 4th that season) where he was as complicit as anyone. Against West Brom where we drew 2-2 he fucks up a corner for them to score and equalise (giving West Brom the incentive to go and take the lead). And then leading 2-0 against Sunderland he sets up his wall well off target for paedo Adam Johnson to score a late equaliser against us. Newcastle later on that season, again leading 2-0, and allows a cross to breeze through his arms for Newcastle to score shortly after the break. That's just three home matches off the top of my head. There are plenty more matches that season I'm sure where Mignolet cost us. With a better goalkeeper that season we would have secured a top 4 finish. And actually I've just remembered, with regards to Shabs point on silverware, we would arguably have won the League Cup as well were it not for his miserable goalkeeping against Aguero in the final as well.

So yeah - he did cost us silverware. And more.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2928: Jan 16, 2018 04:12:08 pm

He cost us points for sure, it may be more :/

He's still our 'best' keeper in the squad but I would replace him today with a better keeper from another club. This says a lot.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2929: Jan 16, 2018 05:07:10 pm
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2930: Jan 16, 2018 05:22:27 pm
      Happy days, piss off Migs.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2931: Jan 16, 2018 05:29:46 pm
      Maybe a career selling Apples & Pears might be more, fruitful for you Simon.  :f_whistle:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2932: Jan 16, 2018 05:56:22 pm
      So instead of knuckling down and trying to win his place back, he’s too busy doing interviews on how he was told he would be dropped as first choice and now has to consider his options.

Says it all about him. The second he has to fight to prove himself, he bottles it.

Sooner this clown is going the better, sick of the sight of him being at the club.

How he’s hung on this long at the club I have no idea.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2933: Jan 16, 2018 05:57:16 pm
      I’d take Pepe and no cash......
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2934: Jan 16, 2018 06:42:28 pm
      So instead of knuckling down and trying to win his place back, he’s too busy doing interviews on how he was told he would be dropped as first choice and now has to consider his options.

Says it all about him. The second he has to fight to prove himself, he bottles it.

Sooner this clown is going the better, sick of the sight of him being at the club.

How he’s hung on this long at the club I have no idea.

To be fair to him this has happened a few times where Klopp has made a clear move towards Karius only for Karius to prove himself absolutley useless and us revert back to Migs. I admire him in a sense for drawing a line under this endless rotation. If he is sold and Karius does what we all expect him to do and be even worse than we thought he was it forces Klopp's hand to address a position he should have done 2 years ago.
      Also I'm sure by now Mignolet knows his level but at the same time he will be working with this other dumplin every day and know he is better than him
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2935: Jan 16, 2018 07:34:29 pm
      During the game against Man City, after Karius had let the Sane shot in, the camera panned to Migs on the bench.
      Remember thinking, WTF are you panning to that joker for, it's not like he'd have saved it !
      Well, he might have, who knows - but honestly, I might have.
      Wasn't a great moment just then, watching Karius face down in the dirt and then seeing Simon's blank stare straight after :(

Thankfully we won though !!! :)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2936: Jan 16, 2018 07:51:55 pm
      The supreme bottler bottling probably the easiest "competition" for the number one spot at any club in the history of the Premier League.

Can't wait to see the back of him. Possibly the only player at the club I actively dislike. Absolute F***ing coward who has cost us on so many occasions.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2937: Jan 16, 2018 09:20:01 pm
      I’d take Pepe and no cash......

Me too, Rafa was in for him until Ashley walked away from takeover talks ...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2938: Jan 16, 2018 09:31:30 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2939: Jan 16, 2018 09:31:52 pm
      Perhaps he didn't directly cost silverware but points yes.

Points mean prizes ... isn't that what they say ?

He's not just to blame.
      If he was the beneficiary of TPM's ego tripping v Pepe  then to leave a North East backwater is a dream for any player.

He's a bottler.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2940: Jan 16, 2018 09:40:46 pm

What Brucie used to say...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2941: Jan 16, 2018 10:14:57 pm

Klopp wouldn't need to get Gerrard to try and convince the player to join either.

harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2942: Jan 16, 2018 10:22:44 pm
      I hope Ward gets promoted to #2 after that interview.  I've defended Migs in the past, but that is F***ing unacceptable.  F**k off you spineless c**t!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2943: Jan 17, 2018 12:01:11 pm
      Perhaps he didn't directly cost silverware but points yes.

He's not just to blame.
      If he was the beneficiary of TPM's ego tripping v Pepe  then to leave a North East backwater is a dream for any player.

He's a bottler.

Look where De Gea has got the Mancs Skip, if Mignolet was half as good we'd be nearer Citeh than the Mancs are.

Quick Reply