Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 308462 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2944: Jan 17, 2018 12:26:04 pm
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2018 12:40:57 pm by stuey »
      Kopite78
      Reply #2945: Jan 17, 2018 12:31:04 pm
      I think there is more to this considering his future than just getting dropped for Karius now

I don't just think Klopp has told him Karius is no.1 til the end of the season I think he's told him that he has no future here full stop
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #2946: Jan 17, 2018 04:09:21 pm
      If Napoli want him, just let him go... We won't regret it. Even if they get him for free it's a good deal for us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2947: Jan 17, 2018 04:17:55 pm
      If Napoli want him, just let him go... We won't regret it. Even if they get him for free it's a good deal for us.

How would them getting him for free be a good deal for us? Sometimes things people post don't seem to make any sense whatsoever.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2948: Jan 17, 2018 04:20:22 pm
      I think there is more to this considering his future than just getting dropped for Karius now

I don't just think Klopp has told him Karius is no.1 til the end of the season I think he's told him that he has no future here full stop

Bit harsh to do that if you were going to count on him to be the backup though eh? I mean Karius could pull a muscle combing his hair tomorrow and we'd need to stuff Migs right back in goal. If he's been told he's unneeded, how's that going to affect his preparation and such? I'd think if he was told he was going to be #2 for awhile at least he'd think he had to knuckle down for a chance to get his job back.

Or maybe you are right and Klopp just doens't care and has told him this  is it. Personally I'd wait till I had someone to replace him before I flogged him off completely.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #2949: Jan 17, 2018 04:25:09 pm
      He's an onion
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #2950: Jan 17, 2018 04:28:50 pm
      How would them getting him for free be a good deal for us? Sometimes things people post don't seem to make any sense whatsoever.

I'm joking...
      Kopite78
      Reply #2951: Jan 17, 2018 04:30:50 pm
      Bit harsh to do that if you were going to count on him to be the backup though eh? I mean Karius could pull a muscle combing his hair tomorrow and we'd need to stuff Migs right back in goal. If he's been told he's unneeded, how's that going to affect his preparation and such? I'd think if he was told he was going to be #2 for awhile at least he'd think he had to knuckle down for a chance to get his job back.

Or maybe you are right and Klopp just doens't care and has told him this  is it. Personally I'd wait till I had someone to replace him before I flogged him off completely.

Just seems strange that Mignolet is now coming out saying he wants to leave if the option to fight for his place is still there.

I don't see him being at a club our size again so it seems odd timing unless more has been  said we haven't heard

The world cup thing is an excuse for me, he won't go as number one anyway and I don't see Belgium leaving out an experienced number 2 even if he's not played regularly in the weeks building up
      He's unlikely to play unless of injury and if there was an injury I'd still see them turning to Mignolet

Just seems to me there's more been said behind closed doors. He's only missed 2 games and the interview came out after Karius was hardly great against city
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2952: Jan 17, 2018 04:45:02 pm
      Nothing wrong with him going on a free, he cost £9, since then his value mist have plummeted. He's on almost 2 and a half milllion a year, getting him off the wage bill ASAP would be best
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2953: Jan 17, 2018 04:52:37 pm
      During the game against Man City,  after Karius had let the Sane shot in, the camera panned to Migs on the bench.
      Remember thinking, WTF are you panning to that joker for, it's not like he'd have saved it !
      Well, he might have, who knows - but honestly, I might have.
      Wasn't a great moment just then, watching Karius face down in the dirt and then seeing Simon's blank stare straight after :(

Thankfully we won though !!! :)

Agree entirely with the above, with the exception of the reference to Karius " letting the Sane shot in", two defenders fu**ed up completely and let Sane dance past them giving him the chance of a difficult angled shot which he slotted.
       On reflection the defenders had an easier challenge in holding up Sane than Karius did with that sublime shot which eluded him, to blame the goalie which is how it appears seems a little harsh.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2954: Jan 17, 2018 05:07:41 pm
      Agree entirely with the above, with the exception of the reference to Karius " letting the Sane shot in", two defenders fu**ed up completely and let Sane dance past them giving him the chance of a difficult angled shot which he slotted.
       On reflection the defenders had an easier challenge in holding up Sane than Karius did with that sublime shot which eluded him, to blame the goalie which is how it appears seems a little harsh.
      If you are talking about the one at near post, Karius should have saved it. He was slow doing anything.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2955: Jan 17, 2018 05:25:28 pm
      If you are talking about the one at near post, Karius should have saved it. He was slow doing anything.

He was unsighted, as you seem to be, for most of the preceding play by the unsuccessful defenders.
      It was a skilful piece of play any goalkeeper would have found challenging, the reaction from Sane and his team mates showed it was not a piss easy shot that the 'keeper fu**ed up but an example of individual skill that would have tested the best.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2018 09:14:27 pm by stuey »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2956: Jan 17, 2018 07:42:42 pm
      Look where De Gea has got the Mancs Skip, if Mignolet was half as good we'd be nearer Citeh than the Mancs are.

Exactly Stu.
      How many points is he worth a season?

DG was there before him ...but Mourinho has always had the spine of the team right ....going back to the Chavs.

........................ ....

Mignolet's  salary ?    £ 2,340.000  per year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2957: Jan 17, 2018 09:25:00 pm
      Exactly Stu.
      How many points is he worth a season?

DG was there before him ...but Mourinho has always had the spine of the team right ....going back to the Chavs.

........................ ....

Mignolet's  salary ?    £ 2,340.000  per year.

Get the F**k outa here.

S'cuse the language mate.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2958: Jan 27, 2018 10:00:18 pm
      Not blaming him for the defeat because the whole team were absolute sh*t, but I thought I was done watching Mig taking eternity to kick the ball out of the box!! Why must you bring back the horror, Jürgen??
      Not to mention him being outmuscled by their players again on their 2 offside goals.

The sooner we get rid off him the better. We've all had enough of this clown.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2018 10:04:26 pm by green_bear »
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #2959: Jan 27, 2018 10:02:15 pm
      I thought karius was number one now, yet we still persist with this goalie rotation.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #2960: Jan 27, 2018 10:07:58 pm
      The VAR made more saves than this clown.. fck off this club you donkey >:(
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2961: Jan 27, 2018 10:19:56 pm
      Simon please just hand in your gloves!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2962: Jan 27, 2018 10:22:41 pm
      Klopps greatest mistake handing this donkey a new contract.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2963: Jan 27, 2018 10:28:13 pm
      Klopps greatest mistake handing this donkey a new contract.

Not his greatest, his greatest would be not telling Coutinho to shut the F**k up, man the F**k up, get on with it for the rest of the season but instead letting him go and then not getting a replacement!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2964: Jan 27, 2018 10:37:48 pm
      Bye Felicia.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2965: Jan 27, 2018 10:46:48 pm
      What a b***ard of a display...again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber