Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 306177 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges
      Reply #3197: Jan 27, 2023 08:37:12 pm
      Always capable of spectacular saves from time to time but a perennial flapper when it came to crosses and balls into the box. Never inspired confidence and was ultimately not good enough to be our no.1 We were desperate for a proper goalie and eventually got one. Happy though he has found success in his home country. Not to diminish his achievements but I think the award thing probably says a lot about Belgium recently.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges
      Reply #3198: Jan 28, 2023 11:43:06 am
      Won the award for best Belgian player, I never understood the hate for him when he was here, he didn't make any more mistakes than our current Nr 1,  and I never forget his wonders ave against Aguero.

Cos he was sh*te, I still shudder kow when thinking of him trying to make a clearance and letting it roll out for a corner or doing similar and miss kicking the ball out for a corner and the sheer panic that was caused through his inability to communicate with defenders. Saved a pen on his debut and everything went worse from that point on.

Quick Reply