Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 308678 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2737: Nov 04, 2017 08:14:40 pm

Thought it was a decent finish. Rather than a mignolet-moment.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2738: Nov 04, 2017 08:16:22 pm
      Everything he did he did wrong...

Apart from that one catch actually I'll give him that.

He stutters in his run out to Ayew who against any decent keeper would not be getting a shot in. But his stuttering just accentuates the fact that he is so f**king slow. Rather than Ayew hitting the post and so nearly scoring, a quick keeper who is quick witted would smother it at the first sign of danger. Oh and there was that bizarre run out to the touch line against Ayew just before half time. And what the f**k was he doing coming out to cover at right back in the second half? But yeah - apart from that he had nothing to do and didn't do anything wrong. Well if you believe that then you need to go to Specsavers.

We won handsomely but the same problems were visible YET again. Can he go through ONE game without shitting his pants? The guy's a f**king melt.

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2017 08:20:36 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2739: Nov 04, 2017 08:16:50 pm

If he stays on his line there is no goal. He then comes out later when he should have stayed and almost lets them score by coming out too late with Ayew earlier in the game

He's a travesty and a disgrace. I actually hate his guts, we will go nowhere with him in goal because he can and will F**k up at any given moment
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #2740: Nov 04, 2017 08:21:50 pm
      Everything he did he did wrong...

Apart from that one catch actually I'll give him that.

He had one moment when he dwelt on the ball too long and gave away a corner.
      He was maybe a bit slow off his line against Ayew.
      He had that one good catch.
      And then there was the goal, which was Gomez fault, not Mignolet's.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2741: Nov 04, 2017 08:26:16 pm
      He stutters in his run out to Ayew who against any decent keeper would not be getting a shot in. But his stuttering just accentuates the fact that he is so f**king slow. Rather than Ayew hitting the post and so nearly scoring, a quick keeper who is quick witted would smother it at the first sign of danger. Oh and there was that bizarre run out to the touch line against Ayew just before half time. And what the f**k was he doing coming out to cover at right back in the second half? But yeah - apart from that he had nothing to do and didn't do anything wrong. Well if you believe that then you need to go to Specsavers.

We won handsomely but the same problems were visible YET again. Can he go through ONE game without shitting his pants? The guy's a f**king melt.

I thought he was gonna give away another penalty with that half-hearted attempt of a sliding tackle in our box.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #2742: Nov 04, 2017 08:29:03 pm
      If he stays on his line there is no goal. He then comes out later when he should have stayed and almost lets them score by coming out too late with Ayew earlier in the game

He's a travesty and a disgrace. I actually hate his guts, we will go nowhere with him in goal because he can and will f**k up at any given moment

What do you mean "stays on his line" for the goal? Lanzini has been let in about 8 yards from the near post. He has to come out and try and close him down there. If he doesn't it will just get blasted in at the near post. The idea that he should stay on his line to cover for a chip is completely ridiculous.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2743: Nov 04, 2017 08:29:12 pm

Poor that Mags. I dont like the fact he's Liverpool's No 1 whilst I hate rapists,  paedophiles and other scum of the earth.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2744: Nov 04, 2017 08:33:31 pm
      I thought he was gonna give away another penalty with that half-hearted attempt of a sliding tackle in our box.

He looked so out of control in that situation that I was half expecting the ref to blow for a penalty. The perception of losing complete control of the situation only influences referees in giving decisions against us. Horrendously slow as well - he has a three stride head start of the player chasing the ball and he still fails to get to the ball first. The opposition players aren't even Mane/Salah levels of speed.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2745: Nov 04, 2017 08:40:00 pm
      What do you mean "stays on his line" for the goal? Lanzini has been let in about 8 yards from the near post. He has to come out and try and close him down there. If he doesn't it will just get blasted in at the near post. The idea that he should stay on his line to cover for a chip is completely ridiculous.

What are on about. Watch it again and do me a favour. Close down a player on his weaker side at a tight angle? If he stays on his line then then all doesn't go past him... well maybe for him it does anyway
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2746: Nov 04, 2017 08:41:15 pm
      Poor that Mags. I dont like the fact he's Liverpool's No 1 whilst I hate rapists,  paedophiles and other scum of the earth.

I'd have a stronger word than hate for those types. Migs has ruined my day on several occasions by F***ing a result by being useless. Hate the sight of him.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2747: Nov 04, 2017 08:43:30 pm
      I thought he was sh*te as well.

Nearly giving Ayew a free run at goal with that botched shielding whilst wearing the captains armband?

Should have got rid years ago. De Gea would have saved Lanzini's shot and you all F***ing know it.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2748: Nov 04, 2017 08:46:15 pm

He's a travesty and a disgrace. I actually hate his guts, we will go nowhere with him in goal because he can and will f**k up at any given moment

Don't think he did anything wrong there, Gomez  should've cleared it but got under it, WH guy hits it early as migs was coming out making himself big.

We should've replaced Migs years ago, but for the goal am not going to bash him when he doesn't deserve it.

We won 4-1 but with Migs and Lovren back on the pitch we know what will happen when we're actually put under some pressure. Great to get the win, but not getting carried away.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #2749: Nov 04, 2017 08:57:04 pm
      What are on about. Watch it again and do me a favour. Close down a player on his weaker side at a tight angle? If he stays on his line then then all doesn't go past him... well maybe for him it does anyway

If Mignolet stays on his line there, there will be too much space either side of him to hit it into. The player is too close to the goal for the keeper to get down and save it - he won't have time. He has to come out, "make himself big" and give himself a chance of saving with his feet if the striker goes low, or with his hands/body if he blasts it. He can't stay on his line.

Look, I would have dropped Mig for Ward after the Leicester game. I don't think he's good enough for us. But we appear to be short of a goalkeeper who *is* good enough. At any rate, there is no point exaggerating any of our players' failings. Some of them have enough shortcomings without blaming them for stuff that actually wasn't their fault.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2750: Nov 04, 2017 09:18:30 pm
      He had one moment when he dwelt on the ball too long and gave away a corner.
      He was maybe a bit slow off his line against Ayew.
      He had that one good catch.
      And then there was the goal, which was Gomez fault, not Mignolet's.

If he holds his line he easily stops that. He has to back up his defense when they make mistakes.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2751: Nov 05, 2017 10:09:11 am

;D a chip. Get out of town. The shot was about 5 foot off the air.

Look here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4_XiUHtgvY

Migs stays on his line he walks over and picks that ball up before it hits the bottom corner. If Lanzini tries another shot, he's on his weaker side facing away from goal.

He should have stayed on his line. Plain and simple. He's F***ing sh*te and I've been done with him for years now. Hear people saying 'you're being too harsh' damn right I'm being more harsh on him because his track record has earned him that harshness. Imagine someone at your work makes a mistake one time... You're not that harsh on them right, it's a one time thing. Then it happens a second time... And a third... And a fourth. By the time it's 3 years of the same mistakes over and over and over you're going to be pretty F***ing harsh with them right? Any good boss would have fired them by now but for some reason Migs lives on. Of all the issues we have, he is by far and away the biggest.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2752: Nov 05, 2017 10:27:02 am

I agree. Joe was at fault not Simon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2753: Nov 05, 2017 11:04:37 am

De Gea would have saved it as would most other prem keepers. Migs is probably the worst keeper in the league, the only one who doesn't realise this is the only person who can do anything about it, Klopp.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2754: Nov 05, 2017 11:08:56 am

Yeah, Gomez was poor yesterday, and that goal conceded was 100% his fault without a doubt. We all know Migs is average/sh*t, and perhaps a better goalkeeper would have saved that shot, but it wasn't his fault.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2755: Nov 05, 2017 11:20:42 am

Yeah, Gomez was poor yesterday, and that goal conceded was 100% his fault without a doubt. We all know Migs is average/sh*t, and perhaps a better goalkeeper would have saved that shot, but it wasn't his fault.

This all day.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2756: Nov 05, 2017 11:44:28 am
      De Gea would have saved it as would most other prem keepers. Migs is probably the worst keeper in the league, the only one who doesn't realise this is the only person who can do anything about it, Klopp.

A better keeper may have saved it but he was at fault. I played as a keeper in U19s of Malta (I was good but for our level), I would have stayed on my line, ready to jump for a save rather coming out.

The difference is that I'm a teacher on 21,000 euros a year and Simon is much more than that a week :(

Exactly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2757: Nov 05, 2017 12:15:29 pm

Isn’t that the point of a keeper though? If your defense never made mistakes you wouldn’t need a goalie. You have to rely on your keeper to be able to bail you out every now and again.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2758: Nov 05, 2017 12:24:42 pm
      Isn’t that the point of a keeper though? If your defense never made mistakes you wouldn’t need a goalie. You have to rely on your keeper to be able to bail you out every now and again.

Which he has done a few times, but to blame him for the goal conceded is ludicrous. I am sure on another day, he would have saved that shot.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2759: Nov 05, 2017 01:53:40 pm
      Which he has done a few times, but to blame him for the goal conceded is ludicrous. I am sure on another day, he would have saved that shot.

But with his shot-to-goal ratio being close to 1, it's understandable why people aren't happy with him though. I don't blame him for the goal yesterday but I blame him for unnecessarily spreading nervousness in our defense, like he had done so many times in the past.

Quick Reply