Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 308910 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2829: Dec 23, 2017 08:03:01 am
      I got fed up with him. I use to come and defend him on almost every occasion but enough is enough. He is not good enough for us and have been not good enough for more than two years. I thought that Karius is not the solution but now I think I would give him a proper chance!

Klopp do you have the balls to change to Karius ??? Before it's too late.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2830: Dec 23, 2017 08:55:06 am
      At first I thought he was bowled over like a skittle with that Xahaka shot..

On watching the replay he F***ing flapped it..

Rafa would have shipped him off time ago..

I will never know what he was doing and why he went one handed on that second goal. A pure piece of blatant incompetence. Like i've already saod goals 1 and 3 aren't particularly his fault but it would have been nice to see a big save from the bloke. We should be scouring the globe for the best keeper we can find.

A wprrying thought though is that when you looked at Klopps Dortmund with Weidenfeller and in his last season Burki as well, Klopp wasn't arsed about improving on them.

In fairness it's probably been a key factor (as well as the huge budget defecit in his competitors) in why Klopps teams finish second in leagues and cups despite the incredible football he gets out of his players.

Most managers by now would have sorted this position out and it's slightly incredible how Migs has been allowed to carry on as our number 1 keeper, but the only explanation can be due to the lack of quality in the squad.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2831: Dec 23, 2017 11:34:02 am
      Rafa would have shipped him off time ago..

So would every other manager. Including Stevie if he takes over. He has his great character to thank for outliving his tenure.

I'm so sick and tired of him and Dejan Lovren. I think some of you are feeling likewise.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #2832: Dec 23, 2017 12:44:49 pm
      he has never been good enough.

is just that we have purchased utter rubbish to compete with him.

GET RID
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2833: Dec 23, 2017 02:11:24 pm
      Watching that 2nd goal again is NOT pretty, and still think he could've done better for the 3rd.
      Distribution was ropey as too.
      If Pep was manager, his feet wouldn't have touched the ground on the way out.

When the game turns, and we are under pressure, you want a GK that will stay calm, boss the area, make some cracking saves, give the back 4 the confidence to do what they need to do.
      With Migs, what happens is the EXACT opposite. He crumbles, makes mistakes, spreads indecision and panic.

God knows what Karius is doing to keep himself on the bench with this lad between the sticks.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2834: Dec 23, 2017 04:06:43 pm
      Watching that 2nd goal again is NOT pretty, and still think he could've done better for the 3rd.
      Distribution was ropey as too.
      If Pep was manager, his feet wouldn't have touched the ground on the way out.

When the game turns, and we are under pressure, you want a GK that will stay calm, boss the area, make some cracking saves, give the back 4 the confidence to do what they need to do.
      With Migs, what happens is the EXACT opposite. He crumbles, makes mistakes, spreads indecision and panic.

God knows what Karius is doing to keep himself on the bench with this lad between the sticks.

Karius is probably doing quite nicely given that he is our first choice in the Champions League.

Klopp's problem, not Karius's.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #2835: Dec 23, 2017 05:18:33 pm
      The usual performance from him. Spreads panic, flaps, never ever catches a cross, fumbles simple shots, F***ing useless.

Karius is slightly better but in 3 years we have consistently conceded 50 goals a season - what chance have you got?

Why would a top player join us knowing we have to score 4 to win a game?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2836: Dec 23, 2017 05:27:52 pm
      Karius is slightly better but in 3 years we have consistently conceded 50 goals a season - what chance have you got?

How can you say Karius is only slightly better? Who has been 1st choice for the last 3 years. Karius has had a few bad games but overall, he's had a lot more good games than bad games. Yet people are just as happy to put him in the same bracket as Migs?! Let's give him a run in the team as 1st choice and we will see he is more than "slightly better". IMO.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #2837: Dec 23, 2017 06:36:12 pm
      How can you say Karius is only slightly better? Who has been 1st choice for the last 3 years. Karius has had a few bad games but overall, he's had a lot more good games than bad games. Yet people are just as happy to put him in the same bracket as Migs?! Let's give him a run in the team as 1st choice and we will see he is more than "slightly better". IMO.

I would have him in, but you know its not going to happen.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2838: Dec 23, 2017 06:58:06 pm
      I'd have me nan in net over Mignolet but to say Karius is better is stretching it.
      He literally let one in straight down the middle against Spartak a couple of months ago.

Problem we have is that we have 3 keepers who at best are all 6 out of 10s

We need an upgrade but we don't have one currently on the books
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2839: Dec 23, 2017 06:58:15 pm
      he has never been good enough.

is just that we have purchased utter rubbish to compete with him.

GET RID

Simple. He has poor and unstable fundamentals. Positioning, coming for crosses, timing, decisions, game reading, distribution, etc. Everything part of his game is unsound. Klopp thinks he's fixed it. But Klopp's deceiving himself by sheer denial. Get Stevie in. I'm sure Stevie will sack Migs immediately.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2840: Dec 23, 2017 07:08:41 pm
      I'd have me nan in net over Mignolet but to say Karius is better is stretching it.
      He literally let one in straight down the middle against Spartak a couple of months ago.

Problem we have is that we have 3 keepers who at best are all 6 out of 10s

We need an upgrade but we don't have one currently on the books

I’d take Reina. Suppose he’s available?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2841: Dec 23, 2017 07:25:40 pm

What's he done wrong since that? Or before that after him saving us from humiliation by Saints in the 2 legs of the cup last season?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2842: Dec 23, 2017 07:30:31 pm
      What's he done wrong since that? Or before that after him saving us from humiliation by Saints in the 2 legs of the cup last season?

He's hardly played in games where we have been under pressure.

Look mate I'm not saying I wouldn't make the change, but what I'm disputing is he's the  answer or that much better. He ain't, they're all sh*te
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2843: Dec 23, 2017 07:38:55 pm
      We need a confident goalkeeper who commands his box.

Unfortunately Simon never has and never will possess these qualities.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2844: Dec 23, 2017 07:39:31 pm
      but what I'm disputing is he's the  answer or that much better. He ain't, they're all sh*te

But you have very little to base that on.

1) Karius - Not had a proper chance
      2) Ward - Had a good season with Huddersfield, got promoted and played 1 game.

We have no real idea what either keeper is like so you can't right them off as anything yet.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2845: Dec 23, 2017 07:44:29 pm
      But you have very little to base that on.

1) Karius - Not had a proper chance
      2) Ward - Had a good season with Huddersfield, got promoted and played 1 game.

We have no real idea what either keeper is like so you can't right them off as anything yet.

No but I trust a top class managers judgement who sees them every day

And we've seen a fair bit of Karius  and in my opinion he's not the  answer.

I think we need a new keeper, I'm certainly not in Mignolets camp here
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2846: Dec 23, 2017 07:53:30 pm
      o but I trust a top class managers judgement who sees them every day

I think we need a new keeper, I'm certainly not in Mignolets camp here

So you trust a manager who keeps playing a keeper you don't trust...

Wonder if the Mancs would do a swap for DDG. Great deal, Migs and Lovren for DDG.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2847: Dec 23, 2017 07:58:05 pm
      So you trust a manager who keeps playing a keeper you don't trust...

That's not I said you meff. Don't twist words it just makes you look a tit

I said I dont rate him but I dont believe that anything else we have is better.
      I said I'd make the change.
      But i said the manager sees all 3 in training everyday so has more to hand than any of us to judge and if he's not putting the others in its probably because he doesn't think they're better  ( neither do i) and he likely has evidence every day to back that, so yes i trust his judgement to make the right selection on having more information than me

What we don't know is how Karius  is around training, that mistake against Spartak may be a daily occurrence, he may drop the ball constantly. He may never a mentally got over Bournemouth last season. But Klopp sees all that so yes i trust his judgement

I'd hope and pray he signs a new keeper next summer.

Night lad. I'm not into having a conversation with a kid who wants to twist words. Can't be arsed with that sh*te
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2017 08:04:19 pm by Kopite78 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2848: Dec 23, 2017 08:05:19 pm
      That's not I said you meff. Don't twist words it just makes you look a tit

I said I dont rate him but I dont believe that anything else we have is better.
      I said I'd make the change.
      But i said the manager sees all 3 in training everyday so has more to hand than any of us to judge and if he's not putting the others in its probably because he doesn't think they're better  ( neither do i) and he likely has evidence every day to back that, so yes i trust his judgement to make the right selection on having more information than me

What we don't know is how Karius  is around training, that mistake against Spartak may be a daily occurrence, he may drop the ball constantly. He may never a mentally got over Bournemouth last season. But Klopp sees all that so yes i trust his judgement

I'd hope and pray he signs a new keeper next summer.

Night lad. I'm not into having a conversation with a kid who wants to twist words. Can't be arsed with that sh*te

Maybe you should have worded it better then because exactly what it seemed like.

Suggest you calm down lad.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #2849: Dec 23, 2017 08:20:41 pm
      He’s F***ing sh*t. It’s that simple.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2850: Dec 23, 2017 08:25:06 pm
      Maybe you should have worded it better then because exactly what it seemed like.

Suggest you calm down lad.

All the information was there lad.
      You spoke about the 3.
      I said he sees them every day and I trust his judgement because in my opinion they're all sh*te

I'm calm. But if we're throwing suggestions around i suggest you read people's posts before you twist their words.
      Especially as a mod, you're meant to show an example
      👍

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2851: Dec 23, 2017 08:28:48 pm
      All the information was there lad.
      You spoke about the 3.
      I said he sees them every day and I trust his judgement because in my opinion they're all sh*te

I'm calm. But if we're throwing suggestions around i suggest you read people's posts before you twist their words.
      Especially as a mod, you're meant to show an example
      👍

Well, entitled to your opinion.

I did read your post, didn't twist anything.

Quick Reply