Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 306069 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #3059: Aug 27, 2018 11:33:56 pm
      How exactly would a reserve keeper down tools? Migs has had chance after chance after bloody chance and consistently failed to impress. He has nothing to feel upset about but if he does then he can buy himself out of his contract and f**k off to some other club.

Been here years and had F***ing so many chances and still couldnā€™t nail it down. Heā€™s F***ing sh*te and I hope we never see him in the first team ever again.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #3060: Aug 29, 2018 12:45:54 am
      Could be.

What would be a serious offer for Migs? On the assessment of him on here, we should be begging other clubs to take him off our hands. Pretty sure we'd get some takers if we were giving him away.

From the manager's point of view though, I think you make the decision of who you keep and who you let go on the basis of who you think is going to be best for the role. You don't let Karius go if you think he is the better option for us as back up to Alisson. Not unless somebody bids really silly money. And I don't think a loan move to Besiktas counts as silly money. Basically we've just got him off the wage bill.

I think the bottom line is that JĆ¼rgen has decided Migs is the safer back up option.

I think Migs is the safer backup.

Kariusā€™ confidence is shot after the CL final.  Migs can slot in from time to time in cup games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3061: Aug 29, 2018 05:02:58 am

Kariusā€™ confidence is shot after the CL final.  Migs can slot in from time to time in cup games.

ā€Migsā€ and ā€œsafeā€ are 2 words that simply canā€™t be used in the same sentence.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3062: Aug 29, 2018 08:16:34 am
      ā€Migsā€ and ā€œsafeā€ are 2 words that simply canā€™t be used in the same sentence.

True but I do agree that he is our best option at #2 at the moment, Karius would have been seriously scary and the other 2 lads are a bit to inexperienced at the moment.
      In any case lets all pray that Alisson never gets injured.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #3063: Aug 30, 2018 09:59:01 am

Yeah I think Migs is a safer option than Karius, although I'd probably have preferred to keep Ward and move on the other 2.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3064: Aug 30, 2018 10:37:30 am
      Yeah I think Migs is a safer option than Karius, although I'd probably have preferred to keep Ward and move on the other 2.

What is this thing people have with Ward, he is a completely unproven keeper and there must be some reason that he was never tried by Klopp despite us only having Mignolet and Karius as our options last season.
      I seem to remember the same demand for Bogdan to play ;-)

I am however slightly confused why Ward would chose to be the #2 with Leicester rather than #2/3 with us. Even if Leicester sell Schmeical I very much doubt that he'd be the #1 there.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #3065: Aug 30, 2018 02:01:34 pm

Come on. When he played in the league last season he was pretty stable apart from that distance goal of Xhaka and one/two questionable scenes. That's top standard. We'll see Alisson, but he had already one questionable moment last game, so we should not judge Migs too harshly. Migs would be a super premium #2.

Karius on the other hand is just shot. I also didn't like his showboating (car with #1, instagram junkie,...) when he didn't accomplish anything, plus his women-like whining in Kiev instead of at least performing to be a man. He never belonged here and personally I'm glad he's gone. We don't need Metro-Beckhams here, we need dudes with balls.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3066: Aug 30, 2018 02:07:18 pm
      Come on. When he played in the league last season he was pretty stable apart from that distance goal of Xhaka and one/two questionable scenes. That's top standard. We'll see Alisson, but he had already one questionable moment last game, so we should not judge Migs too harshly. Migs would be a super premium #2.

Karius on the other hand is just shot. I also didn't like his showboating (car with #1, instagram junkie,...) when he didn't accomplish anything, plus his women-like whining in Kiev instead of at least performing to be a man. He never belonged here and personally I'm glad he's gone. We don't need Metro-Beckhams here, we need dudes with balls.

What an absolute load of sh*t.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3067: Aug 30, 2018 02:09:47 pm

I agree, Mignolet is actually a fairly decent #2 keeper. Karius quite simply had to leave that final would have haunted him here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3068: Aug 30, 2018 03:07:29 pm

They're both sh*te, Alisson is a massive upgrade of those two pair of dickheads.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3069: Aug 30, 2018 03:10:19 pm
      They're both sh*te, Alisson is a massive upgrade of those two pair of dickheads.

Well yes obviously, how many #2 keepers do you know who are at the same level as the #1? Mignolet is a decent #2 keeper, its essential that you have an experienced keeper at #2, someone who won't be fazed or freaked out at coming on in 80th minute of a crucial game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3070: Aug 30, 2018 03:11:38 pm
      Well yes obviously, how many #2 keepers do you know who are at the same level as the #1? Mignolet is a decent #2 keeper, its essential that you have an experienced keeper at #2, someone who won't be fazed or freaked out at coming on in 80th minute of a crucial game.

He's sh*te as well, I've seen enough of him over the last 5 years to know he's anything but decent, he's no better or worse than Karius.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3071: Aug 30, 2018 03:15:39 pm
      He's sh*te as well, I've seen enough of him over the last 5 years to know he's anything but decent, he's no better or worse than Karius.

I kind of disagree with you, Mignolet is technically an ok keeper, although obviously below top class. His major issue is the same as Moreno and to an extent Lovren, concentration, they seem to always have a moment in every match where they just switch off and do something daft, but as a #2 reserve keeper he is adequate, you certainly wouldn't want to be shoving Grabara or the other youngster into the spotlight yet, that could ruin them.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #3072: Aug 30, 2018 06:10:41 pm
      What is this thing people have with Ward, he is a completely unproven keeper and there must be some reason that he was never tried by Klopp despite us only having Mignolet and Karius as our options last season.
      I seem to remember the same demand for Bogdan to play ;-)

I am however slightly confused why Ward would chose to be the #2 with Leicester rather than #2/3 with us. Even if Leicester sell Schmeical I very much doubt that he'd be the #1 there.

Ward is unproven for us, but did very well every time he went out on loan. Fans of the clubs he has been loaned to rave about him. And the few games he had for us he looked good.

Also, we've seen enough of Mignolet to know he's not great ( albeit not quite as bad as some make out), plus he wants to leave. And if Karius didn't have issues before the CL final, he does now. So Ward, to me anyway, looked the natural option as a promising #2 who already had a fair bit of (pretty successful) competitive experience.

As for why he chose Leicester? Don't know. Maybe he was promised Leicester would give him a chance in the cup competitions. My guess is we let him know we didn't want him, or he got the impression he had a better chance of dislodging Schmeicel than Alisson plus Karius. Maybe he's sitting looking at Migs as our disgruntled #2 and thinking he should have stayed, who knows?
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2018 06:16:49 pm by sore monad »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3073: Aug 31, 2018 01:11:31 pm
      https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1035486230023208960

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1035486538363219970

In other words, shut up and get on with what you are paid to do instead of bitching and moaning to the press...again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3074: Aug 31, 2018 01:14:09 pm
      Thatā€™s a F***ing roasting from Klopp.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3075: Aug 31, 2018 01:59:32 pm
      Must feel like a real kick in the face for Klopp after he gave him endless number of chances AND a new contract.

Just a complete and utter tit of a footballer.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3076: Aug 31, 2018 02:48:16 pm
      Think we are going to take a loss on this one.. or make him sit it out..either way not good for us..
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3077: Aug 31, 2018 06:09:27 pm
      Would've gotten shot of Migs ahead of Karius.
      Been hanging around for so many years now, not being good enough.
      And now feels it's a good time to make stupid comments ! - suppose he doesn't have much to loose really, he's got no future here - only reason still on the bench is nobody will buy the f**ker.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3078: Aug 31, 2018 06:22:23 pm
      They think its all over...it is now
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #3079: Sep 01, 2018 12:14:27 pm
      This X 100,then again he is obviously equally as adep at keeping his trap shut as he is at goalkeeping.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3080: Sep 01, 2018 12:20:03 pm
      Moron idiot sack of sh*t keeper.

Keep your stupid mouth shut about the club until you are no longer employed here.

Clown.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3081: Sep 03, 2018 04:12:18 am
      He will be gone by January.

Quick Reply